Seeking lift advice on my 18 JLUS

mkunkel20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2017 JKU Sahara
Only my third post here. I sold my 4.5 inch lifted on 33's YJ last summer and just traded my Silverado for a new JLUS. Didn't realize how much I missed my Jeep! I've installed Toyo Open Country AT2 285/75/17s (33.9" tall per the specs)on it. No wild off-roading planned here. Synergy wheel spacers are coming tomorrow and the Rough Country spare tire relocation bracket also. Finished plasti-dipping my wheels last night with one coat of glossifier. The euro splash guards are coming off this evening!

I'm looking to get either the Teraflex 2.5" Spacer lift (would this be to tall for 33.9s?)

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...erformance-spacer-lift-kit-w-shock-extensions

along with the RE geometry correction brackets .

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ol-arm-geometry-correction-drop-brackets-pair

Or i'm considering the AEV 2" spacer lift. BUT if I bought the 2" AEV do I still need to buy the geometry correction bracket? This AEV comes with a tuner I need also. If I buy the Teraflex I'll also buy the Superchips Flashcal which is $250.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/aev/2-spacer-suspension-system-jeep-wrangler-jl

Input is appreciated!

20190517_170557.jpg

20190519_201738.jpg
Sponsored

Brian_j82

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I see this was last year . You do the teraflex spacer lift? I was considering for my Sahara

OP
OP
mkunkel20

mkunkel20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see this was last year . You do the teraflex spacer lift? I was considering for my Sahara
No I did the AEV spacer lift, no geometry correction brackets needed. Contrary to what the post states I've wheeled the crap out of this setup and it has worked great. Also have a set of Synergy wheel spacers I've been running for a year.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ha ha. Well, I said no serious off roading with mine, and so far that's still true. Moderate/Light trails only.

I've got the same size tires, though a different brand. They're perfect with the 2 lift. The only geometry correction I have is the LCA's that came with the lift to correct caster. Otherwise no extra parts needed, and I didn't install wheel spacers.

19 7-19 (9) resize.jpg

OP
OP
mkunkel20

mkunkel20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha ha. Well, I said no serious off roading with mine, and so far that's still true. Moderate/Light trails only.

I've got the same size tires, though a different brand. They're perfect with the 2 lift. The only geometry correction I have is the LCA's that came with the lift to correct caster. Otherwise no extra parts needed, and I didn't install wheel spacers.

Jeep Wrangler JL Seeking lift advice on my 18 JLUS 19 7-19 (9) resize
The wheel spacers gave me the exact look I was looking for. The plasti-dip is getting scratched to hell though. I've got a set of Pro Comp series 51 steel wheels that just got delivered yesterday I'm having installed Monday. At that point the wheel spacers will come off and likely go on my wife's JKU Sahara.
Jeep Wrangler JL Seeking lift advice on my 18 JLUS IMG_20200507_205234_795

Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Only my third post here. I sold my 4.5 inch lifted on 33's YJ last summer and just traded my Silverado for a new JLUS. Didn't realize how much I missed my Jeep! I've installed Toyo Open Country AT2 285/75/17s (33.9" tall per the specs)on it. No wild off-roading planned here. Synergy wheel spacers are coming tomorrow and the Rough Country spare tire relocation bracket also. Finished plasti-dipping my wheels last night with one coat of glossifier. The euro splash guards are coming off this evening!

I'm looking to get either the Teraflex 2.5" Spacer lift (would this be to tall for 33.9s?)

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...erformance-spacer-lift-kit-w-shock-extensions

along with the RE geometry correction brackets .

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ol-arm-geometry-correction-drop-brackets-pair

Or i'm considering the AEV 2" spacer lift. BUT if I bought the 2" AEV do I still need to buy the geometry correction bracket? This AEV comes with a tuner I need also. If I buy the Teraflex I'll also buy the Superchips Flashcal which is $250.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/aev/2-spacer-suspension-system-jeep-wrangler-jl

Input is appreciated!

I would run it stock for
A while and see if it hits or fits. No need to do
All that jazz for such a small bump in tire size.

OP
OP
mkunkel20

mkunkel20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would run it stock for
A while and see if it hits or fits. No need to do
All that jazz for such a small bump in tire size.
My original post was about a year ago. I've went with the AEV spacer lift, synergy wheel spacers, Bilstein 5100s, and sky jacker sway bar disconnects.

jconli1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Emergency Comms, Music
Vehicle Showcase
...I've got a set of Pro Comp series 51 steel wheels that just got delivered yesterday I'm having installed Monday...
Could you share pics with those Pro Comp Series 51s installed? Don't have to be terribly artistic. Just very curious, strongly considering these same wheels but have yet to find any pix of them actually mounted on a JL. (Also curious if the stock lugnuts worked or you needed replacements.)

Many thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
mkunkel20

mkunkel20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could share pics with those Pro Comp Series 51s installed? Don't have to be terribly artistic, just very curious. I'm strongly considering these same wheels but have yet to find any pix of them actually mounted on a JL. (Also curious if the stock lugnuts worked or you needed replacements.)

Many thanks!
I had to get different lugs then I went out of town last week so it's at the shop now being done. When I get it back today I'll definitely share some pics.

OP
OP
mkunkel20

mkunkel20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could share pics with those Pro Comp Series 51s installed? Don't have to be terribly artistic, just very curious. I'm strongly considering these same wheels but have yet to find any pix of them actually mounted on a JL. (Also curious if the stock lugnuts worked or you needed replacements.)

Many thanks!
Here it is.
Jeep Wrangler JL Seeking lift advice on my 18 JLUS 20200521_113334
Jeep Wrangler JL Seeking lift advice on my 18 JLUS 20200521_113354
Jeep Wrangler JL Seeking lift advice on my 18 JLUS 20200521_113346

Sponsored

OP
OP
mkunkel20

mkunkel20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those look excellent... thanks so much for posting, ordered mine today.

Are the wheel spacers also installed in those pics?
Thanks. No wheel spacers. These have plenty of backspace already.

jconli1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Emergency Comms, Music
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks again for those reference pics, @mkunkel20 ... finally got the Pro Comp D-windows mounted up with some 285 KO2s, just using a Rubi takeoff suspension I picked up in the classifieds here, and pretty happy with the overall fit and ride so far.

Jeep Wrangler JL Seeking lift advice on my 18 JLUS IMG_20200609_160030_910

OP
OP
mkunkel20

mkunkel20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again for those reference pics, @mkunkel20 ... finally got the Pro Comp D-windows mounted up with some 285 KO2s, just using a Rubi takeoff suspension I picked up in the classifieds here, and pretty happy with the overall fit and ride so far.

Jeep Wrangler JL Seeking lift advice on my 18 JLUS IMG_20200609_160030_910
Hell ya that looks good! I love seeing the "fuel wheel" stereo type broken with these JL's!
Sponsored