DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Good morning everyone!

I'm currently looking at a new JLU Sport S. It doesn't have the Technology group like I want, but otherwise is what I want. Is there a way to upgrade after the fact? I know I can buy a used 7" uconnect and install it myself, but what about the other features such as the speedometer cluster and climate control panel? Is it even worth it to try or would it be prohibitively expensive? Thanks!
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

the speedometer cluster and climate control panel? Is it even worth it to try or would it be prohibitively expensive?
I believe the gauge cluster should be plug-and-play from what I recall reading on here. The climate control panel also requires the in-cabin temp sensor and will require a dealer flash or you to purchase a programmer to activate it. This one comes with everything you need, but is sold out at the moment:

https://www.infotainment.com/collec...ac-climate-control-kit?variant=11963876802596

It's your call, but your're better off finding a vehicle with what you want. Any pieces you add after the fact, will not be covered under warranty, since they did not come stock with the vehicle.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Good morning everyone!

I'm currently looking at a new JLU Sport S. It doesn't have the Technology group like I want, but otherwise is what I want. Is there a way to upgrade after the fact? I know I can buy a used 7" uconnect and install it myself, but what about the other features such as the speedometer cluster and climate control panel? Is it even worth it to try or would it be prohibitively expensive? Thanks!
Anything can done. But why when you can get exactly what you want? Honestly, I highly recommend waiting and buying one with the technology package if you want it. It's a FCA product. Why potentially void your warranty on a brand new JL from day one by adding and swapping all that stuff?

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
I was interested in upgrading to the 7" screen to get CarPlay but based on the like 20 page thread discussing issues with the kit, I don't think it's worth adding after the fact. I would just wait to find one with the Tech package if you want it.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
If not pressed for time, I'd wait to do a factory order to get one dialed in to your exact wants and needs. Or at least until you find the right one on a lot. Even if you have to travel for one, it's well worth it to avoid an ownership wrought with what-if-i-only's.

Best of luck!

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL