Sponsored

Where and how do you store your soft top windows in the JLU when the top is down?

shoebabe3

First Name
Shoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ & 2020 JLUR
I did a quick search and didn't notice anything about this. I just upgraded from my 04 TJ to a 20 JLUR and don't own the soft top yet for the 20 but I am looking for one right now. The TJ soft top allowed me to roll up the windows, with a soft cloth in between each windows, and stuff it in an old lawn chair bag. I would throw that in the back, hidden right under where the soft top folds down. It worked out great.
Can you do something similar with the new twill top? I heard the corners of the windows have a hard angle piece and might not roll up? What are other people doing to store the windows in the jeep in order to put them one if you are away from home? Any creative ideas would be great.
Thanks
Sponsored

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I did a quick search and didn't notice anything about this. I just upgraded from my 04 TJ to a 20 JLUR and don't own the soft top yet for the 20 but I am looking for one right now. The TJ soft top allowed me to roll up the windows, with a soft cloth in between each windows, and stuff it in an old lawn chair bag. I would throw that in the back, hidden right under where the soft top folds down. It worked out great.
Can you do something similar with the new twill top? I heard the corners of the windows have a hard angle piece and might not roll up? What are other people doing to store the windows in the jeep in order to put them one if you are away from home? Any creative ideas would be great.
Thanks
There's a few threads here on doing the same.
They soft top bag basically hangs against the back seats.
But personally I just leave mine in the garage until needed.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 2 door with a Tuffy rear security enclosure. I can put the windows in there, layered with a moving blanket between each one. That way if I need them they are there and I don't need to worry about them being stolen.

Donack31

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I just put them plastic side down on floor in rear passenger compartment.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I just put them in the window bag and hang them around the back seats. Barely take up any room.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I just put them in the window bag and hang them around the back seats. Barely take up any room.
Well, given that the plastic windows are incredibly scratch resistant (NOT: they practically scratch from simply being looked at) I tend to repurpose them as mud flaps when doing "donuts" in mud filled spaces..;)

DTTAH: don't try this at home

CallMeJoe

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm in the same boat. I LOVE the new JL soft top as it's miles better than my JK top, but the rear windows are.....problematic.
I have tried leaving them home (lots more room) and taking them with ( handy, but cumbersome). I don't have a storage bag for them but even so, with a bag, they're big. I don't get wrapped up about scratching them. It's one of the costs of the softtop. I'll figure it out in time. The top is more than worth the associated problems.

J_Winslow

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
What I want is a wall rack to easily store the soft top off the jeep...
Sponsored