Installed Power Door Locks to my JL Sport

JeepTaylor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Jay, sorry I thought had replied to this post. Yes the actuator if you bought the parts i listed or their updated version is all built in. Also to get them working you need to tie them into the Relays because they dont operate on a + and - in the traditional sense. It’s like power gets sent to the lock and then ground to unlock and then when you unlock power also gets sent to unlock and negative to lock. So it reverses via the relay.
@911JL - Did you figure this out? I am having the same problem. A few friends even looked at it and asked if I was sure the parts had actuators... Everything is tied into the Relays, directly to battery for constant 12v, all the parts I got were exactly as listed...

I can hear the relay clicking and the alarm brain making sounds but nothing happens to with the actuators.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
@911JL - Did you figure this out? I am having the same problem. A few friends even looked at it and asked if I was sure the parts had actuators... Everything is tied into the Relays, directly to battery for constant 12v, all the parts I got were exactly as listed...

I can hear the relay clicking and the alarm brain making sounds but nothing happens to with the actuators.

Any thoughts?
Did you take pics of how you wired up the relay. Unfortunately I no longer own my JL so I Can't show you. I do remember it was all in the relay wiring to get it to work. Did you supply 12v to the relay purple wire as well as GROUND the 2 wires (Brown and White)?

Pay attention to this diagram.

IMG_0866.jpg

911JL

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Granite, V6
I live in Cali. Ordered everything from either Amazon or Moparoverstock.com . Everything shipped to me, no probs at all.

MC3311

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I live in Cali. Ordered everything from either Amazon or Moparoverstock.com . Everything shipped to me, no probs at all.
I wonder why, I finally ordered it through a dealer in texas

MC3311

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just finished installing the OEM locks, question on the tailgate. Are you guys using the existing wires on tailgate lock and putting another set for remote in parallel or are you disconnecting existing and using just new wires with the remote? It appears i already have the power tailgate lock since I have the 2 green wires on pins 1 and 2.

Sponsored

MC3311

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just finished installing the OEM locks, question on the tailgate. Are you guys using the existing wires on tailgate lock and putting another set for remote in parallel or are you disconnecting existing and using just new wires with the remote? It appears i already have the power tailgate lock since I have the 2 green wires on pins 1 and 2.
Anyone, advice appreciated

MC3311

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone, advice appreciated
No longer need, found I had the wires for the power lock but not the powered actuator for it. Just ordered the power lock for tailgate, hope fully I can wrap this install up soon.

Riley__welch

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Denver, CO / Hermosa Beach, CA / Lexington, KY
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
No longer need, found I had the wires for the power lock but not the powered actuator for it. Just ordered the power lock for tailgate, hope fully I can wrap this install up soon.

Were you able to finish up this installation? Do you have a video of the key actually locking and unlocking your Sport? I live in Los Angeles and would like to do this but am not very handy. Any advice would be really appreciated!

Riley__welch

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Denver, CO / Hermosa Beach, CA / Lexington, KY
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Does anyone know what the total cost of parts and equipment to do this installation are?

Also, with this installation are you still able to remove doors or once this is installed are the doors on for good?

Thank you for any help!

MC3311

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Were you able to finish up this installation? Do you have a video of the key actually locking and unlocking your Sport? I live in Los Angeles and would like to do this but am not very handy. Any advice would be really appreciated!
Yes I finished this upgrade with oem parts and everything works great.Sorry no video but I installed the siren that came with remote, beeps once for lock and twice for unlock. did not hook up to warning lights since I'm not exactly sure where to hook them up. it's not to difficult to install, hardest part is the 2 front doors, need to get into small places. Back 2 doors were much easier. Take advice on what you need in respect to tools and parts that are in this thread.If you have any questions I would be glad to help you.

Sponsored

MC3311

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know what the total cost of parts and equipment to do this installation are?

Also, with this installation are you still able to remove doors or once this is installed are the doors on for good?

Thank you for any help!
Total cost for me was around $400 (4 doors + tailgate) using OEM parts and tools, I had the wire. In my opinion well worth it in convenience of locking or unlocking all doors with a push of button.

You can remove doors if you use the connectors posted in this thread, or any 2 pin connector for new lock actuators for each door.

Bol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
It works now!!!! Yasssssss

all four doors. Thank god! So I’ll wrap up my video now lol.

all in all I liked the electrical aids from the a1 kit but the front door elements are too cheap. Id recommend buying the oem pieces in addition to the a1 if you go that route. Much better with oem. And I may even replace the passenger side in time.
just to confirm, if an A1 kit is purchased, we could then buy 2 front OEM actuators which would then eliminate need the need of the jumper/re-wiring? Anyone in Jacksonville FL area for hire for this?

Gina

First Name
GiGi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Had keyless entry and remote start added. Also had the buttons installed in the interior for safety reasons.

69B3F47E-9D80-49C7-8D36-6C291872987C.jpeg

702D554A-F485-4680-8980-6F9563F07D0C.jpeg

911JL

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Granite, V6
A little to add, to the people trying to figure out how to keep your door removal after this mod: I used some wired plugs I had (bought on Ebay) for separate project. Simply counted out male and female side to match and 'shove in the hole'. pics:
you can see my power wires from alarm(green, blue) spliced into the red n black wires out the back of the door plugs.

20200403_160804.jpg

20200403_163645.jpg

20200403_164203.jpg

20200403_165657.jpg

20200403_172411.jpg

911JL

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Granite, V6

Any thoughts?
I have the Drivers door working, but can't get the passenger to work. Have power from both everything is hooked up correctly. next step is to remove pass door actuator and try to bench test.
Sponsored