First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
does anyone know if the 2018 model year jk bumper mounts is the same as the 2018 to current jl mounts. what i trying to figure out is if a 2018 jk after market bumper would fit a 2019 jl sport. i was looking at the smittybilt atlas front bumper. its listed for jk up to 2018. nothing for the jl. i emailed smittybilt and they were no help.

https://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/244.htm
Sponsored

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
I feel like cj off-road did a video on YouTube where a jl sport bumper fit on a jk.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
So they had the Atlas listed previously as being in development for the JL. Then they listed Apollo on their site and removed the Atlas. I emailed them and this is the response that I received on 3/23. I haven’t inquired since as I went with a different bumper.

Hello,

We are still working on both the Atlas and the Apollo bumpers for the JL and JT. The Atlas front will be available around May/June and the Apollo sometime after.
Thank you,

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
So they had the Atlas listed previously as being in development for the JL. Then they listed Apollo on their site and removed the Atlas. I emailed them and this is the response that I received on 3/23. I haven’t inquired since as I went with a different bumper.

Hello,

We are still working on both the Atlas and the Apollo bumpers for the JL and JT. The Atlas front will be available around May/June and the Apollo sometime after.
Thank you,

thanks for the info. you have managed to get more of a response then i did. it would be nice if smittybilt did offer the atlas front bumper for the jl, i'd even consider the atlas rear bumper too. since i've seen one on a jk. guess i'll wait a bit to see what comes out.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks for the info. you have managed to get more of a response then i did. it would be nice if smittybilt did offer the atlas front bumper for the jl, i'd even consider the atlas rear bumper too. since i've seen one on a jk. guess i'll wait a bit to see what comes out.
You definitely want to love the look and functionality of your Jeep, especially when you invest time and money in to aftermarket parts. I’d say the wait for a month or so is worthwhile to see if it comes out and if it’s the way you want to go. There might be a delay in getting it too if they’re just starting production.

I really wanted my exterior mods to be done before the summer and I found something that I liked better, but if I hadn’t found something else I would’ve waited.

Sponsored

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
DV8 makes a spacer/adapter, which is essentially a 2" spacer:

https://dv8offroad.com/products/abjl-01-jk-to-jl-front-bumper-adapter-bracket

"The DV8 Offroad ABJL-01 bracket allows for the mounting of any DV8 Offroad Jeep JK front bumper to the Jeep JL frame with no drilling! This bracket spaces the bumper the ideal distance away from the JL and allows for the mounting of most aftermarket JK bumpers."

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s cool about the adapter bracket.

FWIW the design of the bumper looks to be different for the JL. Here’s a grab of the page that I took before they delisted the JL Atlas:

A5174601-5482-4DB6-B363-DA2B53551C54.jpeg

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
That’s cool about the adapter bracket.

FWIW the design of the bumper looks to be different for the JL. Here’s a grab of the page that I took before they delisted the JL Atlas:

A5174601-5482-4DB6-B363-DA2B53551C54.jpeg
that is interesting to see that the atlas for the jl is different from the jk. the jk one is what i was hoping to see come over to the jl model.
https://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/244.htm

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
DV8 makes a spacer/adapter, which is essentially a 2" spacer:

https://dv8offroad.com/products/abjl-01-jk-to-jl-front-bumper-adapter-bracket

"The DV8 Offroad ABJL-01 bracket allows for the mounting of any DV8 Offroad Jeep JK front bumper to the Jeep JL frame with no drilling! This bracket spaces the bumper the ideal distance away from the JL and allows for the mounting of most aftermarket JK bumpers."
those brackets are specific to the dv8 brand. the only thing i dont like about those spacers is that the bumper doent fit flush to the frame. and i can see a couple of hard pulls from the winch will cause cracks or bend in the brackets. this would be a weak point.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Didn’t see that. Best of luck. Frustrating when what you want is barely out of reach like that.
yeah. i hear you. i would of expected that the aftermarket would be flooded with options that can drive you nuts on. its kind of the opposite. i've narrowed down to a couple of bumpers, etc. i'm not in any rush and somewhat picky. also i look at what is the best product and $$$. now i'm waiting to see what sales might come up for memorial day.

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
just an update. smittybilt is releasing the atlas style bumper for the jl. its a carry over from the jk. i'm wondering if the warn vr evo 10s winch will fit. also, should i jump on it or wait since its just coming out for the jl model. theres a 7.5% off sale now, wondering if there will be a better sale over memorial day.

atlas bumper for the jl model
Sponsored