Detailing!!!!!

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Thank you for sharing your product experience. For my wash, I use Chemical Guys Wash & Gloss. After the wash, I will use a clay bar to give it that smooth feel. I just started to use Meguires Hybrid Ceramic Wax. I was very impressed on how it turned out. For the my tires, I use Mequires Hot Rims Wheel & Tire Cleaner. Always nice to keep your Rig Shiny!

IMG_7009.jpg

IMG_7010.jpg

IMG_7007.jpg

IMG_7006.jpg
I just tried the Mequires Hybrid Ceramic Wax this weekend. I'm no expert, but I can say I've never had as much shine for as little effort and cost. I recommend watching some videos before you use it for the first time, here's the best one I found

Here's what around $4 worth of product does with no more effort than washing, spraying and wiping dry.
jt shiny.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
I just tried the Mequires Hybrid Ceramic Wax this weekend. I'm no expert, but I can say I've never had as much shine for as little effort and cost. I recommend watching some videos before you use it for the first time, here's the best on I found

Here's what around $4 worth of product does with no more effort than washing, spraying and wiping dry.
jt shiny.jpg
So if I interpreted that video correctly.. you wash the Jeep, then spray the application and then dry off for the initial coat? Can this be applied, dry on a clean vehicle?

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
So if I interpreted that video correctly.. you wash the Jeep, then spray the application and then dry off for the initial coat? Can this be applied, dry on a clean vehicle?
My take from the video is that water helps with the application, but I saw some videos with dry application. I'll probably just follow the manufacturers guidelines.

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
My take from the video is that water helps with the application, but I saw some videos with dry application. I'll probably just follow the manufacturers guidelines.

I found this to be rather interesting. Meguires/ Turtle Wax/ Mother’s ceramic/wax challenge.

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
As a follow up.. I tried the Turtle Wax Ceramic and it was incredibly easy to apply and take off. A friend of mine was advocating for the Adams Clear Coat Kit but I’m not sold On putting anything that permanent on my paint. If your diligent in cleaning and utilize a ceramic detailer like the Turtle Wax it should be more than enough. Interestingly, the Ceramic was WAY slicker than any quality carnauba I’ve used. The water sheets off which is better if your Jeep gets wet and out in the sun. I like the product a lot and used it on my windows, rims, paint and was mightily impressed.

Sponsored

Av8Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Seems to be my day to resurrect old threads. Lots of debate and suggestions regarding paint products, but what about plastic, glass, tires and interior.

As of now I'm planning on using Turtle Wax Ice Seal and Shine for the paint, and Tuf Shine on the tires.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
As a follow up.. I tried the Turtle Wax Ceramic and it was incredibly easy to apply and take off. A friend of mine was advocating for the Adams Clear Coat Kit but I’m not sold On putting anything that permanent on my paint. If your diligent in cleaning and utilize a ceramic detailer like the Turtle Wax it should be more than enough. Interestingly, the Ceramic was WAY slicker than any quality carnauba I’ve used. The water sheets off which is better if your Jeep gets wet and out in the sun. I like the product a lot and used it on my windows, rims, paint and was mightily impressed.
Durability is excellent also.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I’m getting ready to start paint correction this coming Monday, the hood is the worst but not as bad as some I have seen

Jeep Wrangler JL Detailing!!!!! FB344AA4-2E5D-4E6A-8414-A7E8392F1527

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I’m getting ready to start paint correction this coming Monday, the hood is the worst but not as bad as some I have seen

FB344AA4-2E5D-4E6A-8414-A7E8392F1527.jpeg
Looks like you robbed a detailing store. You sure you got everything? I think you missed something? I don't see Q-Tips! 🕵️‍♂️🤣

Last edited:

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel

Jeep Wrangler JL Detailing!!!!! FB344AA4-2E5D-4E6A-8414-A7E8392F1527
Basically the same package I used to do mine, the G8/G9 combo with lake country ccs pads. I at first tried the standard combo of m105/m205, with terrible results. Just left micro scratches everywhere so I tried some m210, with green and white ccs pads, that is supposed to help in those situations. Well it didn't. In the end I used the 1 step "correcting cream" from griots that came with the polisher bundle, with the orange ccs pads, and it turned out really nice.

Followed it up with Gtechniq CSL and then 2 coats of EXO V4. Pretty stellar results but I'm pretty rough on our jeep and the hydrophobics have gone away already on alot of the jeep. Mud and rocks can be pretty harsh on coatings. I'm just going to use the 3 in 1 ceramic spray from griots that came with the kit just to boost the hydrophobics.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like you robbed a detailing store. You sure you got everything? I think you missed something? I don't see Q-Tips! 🕵️‍♂️🤣
The Qtips may be in here 😏

Jeep Wrangler JL Detailing!!!!! 9B1F4200-EDF1-4CDC-A469-755B6CF7D38B

Basically the same package I used to do mine, the G8/G9 combo with lake country ccs pads. I at first tried the standard combo of m105/m205, with terrible results. Just left micro scratches everywhere so I tried some m210, with green and white ccs pads, that is supposed to help in those situations. Well it didn't. In the end I used the 1 step "correcting cream" from griots that came with the polisher bundle, with the orange ccs pads, and it turned out really nice.

Followed it up with Gtechniq CSL and then 2 coats of EXO V4. Pretty stellar results but I'm pretty rough on our jeep and the hydrophobics have gone away already on alot of the jeep. Mud and rocks can be pretty harsh on coatings. I'm just going to use the 3 in 1 ceramic spray from griots that came with the kit just to boost the hydrophobics.
My plan is to use 3D One as it’s a diminishing polish from doing research so sort of a one step but it’s controlled by what pad you use, I will do a test spot using a white pad and if that does not give me the results I need I will step it up to an orange pad and then go down, after that correction is done I will do a wipe down using Megs 34 over an then apply 3D Poxy as my sealant then use the Megs Hybrid SiO2 wax and my LSP will be the the Megs Hybrid SiO2 detailer and keep up with that for testing

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
All far too expensive for my pocket book. Do they prevent scrapes to the paint or cover them when 4 wheeling? You know there are some 4 wheelers that think it is a disgrace to wash the mud off a Jeep let alone spend hundreds and thousands on ceramic coatings and detailing.
That sounds lazy, not broke! Just sayin...

Av8Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
For those new to all this I thought I would share my experience. I scratched the crap out of my jeep in Bollinger Canyon.

Here's what it looked like after we got back:
Jeep Wrangler JL Detailing!!!!! JEEP-25

Jeep Wrangler JL Detailing!!!!! JEEP-26

It's hard to take good pictures where the scratches show up as much as they do looking at them. Mostly superficial, sap (I guess), some deep scratches.

After researching many of the suggestions made in this thread I spent about four hours washing, cleaning the tires, and applying the Turtle Wax ICE.

Jeep Wrangler JL Detailing!!!!! IMG_3397

Jeep Wrangler JL Detailing!!!!! image1

Jeep Wrangler JL Detailing!!!!! image2

Washing it got rid of a lot of what appeared to be scratches but was sticky sap(?) filled with dirt, after drying applied the TurtleWax ICE. It worked surprisingly well but I'm skeptical that something this easy to use and made such a difference tha after it dries for a couple of days the scratches will magically return.

I also used TurtleWax Tire and Wheel cleaner which isn't a tire dressing, it just cleans the tire. I initially wanted to use Tuf Shine, I liked how it removed previous tire dressings. I used this product the same way and it pretty much accomplished the same thing. I hate shiny tires.

Jeep Wrangler JL Detailing!!!!! image4

Overall I'm relieved that the damage to the paint wasn't as bad as it first appeared. I still have some deep scratches that I'm going to try some Meguiar's scratch removal.
Sponsored