Dee Zee rack for Roof Top Tents

BGP1972

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Received the rack today from Amazon and I too received the front and back racks for under $400. Amazon shows that there are 5 left, if you are interested in this deal I would jump on it!
Ordered mine. Thanks!
Sponsored

indifilms

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I installed the Dee Zee rack about a month ago. Ordered FSR 63” RTT last week. This will be my RTT setup. The rack installed nicely. I wish the rain gutter clamps were rubber coated. The rack is solid and very easy to assemble/install. I received both the 24” front assembly and the 60” main assembly for a great price on Amazon. Ordered their cargo rack as well. Hope it works as well as it looks.
Have you tried out the cargo rack yet? Wondering how mounting items such as spades, rotopax, etc might work given the design of the basket.

Bulldown

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD All Terrain
I have used 2 Front Runner Wolfpack’s on top, that it for now. Waiting for my State to open up a bit.

Sponsored

Seaquest85

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Ok, I'll bite. I'm very interested in this rack. However, I have no use for the front 24" setup because I have the bestop sunrider installed. Does anyone know if you can take the front 2 ribs and add them to the 60" bars giving you 4 cross-bars instead of 2? I am still concerned about the pressure on the gutter system (even with the legs) and would like to distribute the weight of an RTT as much as possible. I feel that the additional 2 would allow for additional weight dispersal if they can be installed. Thoughts? Thanks!

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Ok, I'll bite. I'm very interested in this rack. However, I have no use for the front 24" setup because I have the bestop sunrider installed. Does anyone know if you can take the front 2 ribs and add them to the 60" bars giving you 4 cross-bars instead of 2? I am still concerned about the pressure on the gutter system (even with the legs) and would like to distribute the weight of an RTT as much as possible. I feel that the additional 2 would allow for additional weight dispersal if they can be installed. Thoughts? Thanks!
Yes they are same size. You can put 4 bars in the back if you want. I put 3 on mine just to support my RTT and when sleeping

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Thanks Krispas! Overall, what's your impression of the system, recommend it?
The price in Amazon is a steal including the front For $400. Other sells it for $900. It is a pretty solid rack and can support up to 600 lbs . That is all I need plus you can add more stuff on the side awning and recovery track . This is about 40 to 50 lbs including the front . It is pretty solid and made in USA

Bulldown

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD All Terrain
I have not tried more than 2 bars on the rack. I guess it’s possible, but the rain gutter is not perfectly level. It’s about 1/4” high in the middle. Just be careful and make sure you adjust the clam shell bracket rise in middle. I would like to see pictures after you have 3 or 4 cross braces on same rack.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CL23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I have one and love it. The first time was a little bit of a pain to get on but once I got it on I was impressed. It’s easy to take on/off and is sturdy. I’ve used my RTT multiple times and it’s never concerned me about having the weight on the roof. $400 is a steal! I’ll post better pics tomorrow.

Calijeep

First Name
Octavio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
I’m on the on purchasing the Dee Zee food rack and basket. Anyone have pictures of there setup to help convince me?

dirtygertie_jlu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Does anyone have the link for the amazon page? I am very interested but can't find it at the $400 price you guys are mentioning

Thank you
Sponsored