Sponsored

Here's the NEW 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
I don’t give a hoot why FCA did it. Personally, I don’t have time to play with my Jeep the way it deserves, nor the funds to build it out, so I wanted the best I could afford in stock config. The Recon comes in lower priced than a similarly appointed Rubicon plus a little panache. I loaded it and will be happy for the foreseeable future. I hear the Recons are getting snapped up at dealer lots. If that’s not proof this is a good model what is? I’m not sure if there was a bunch of haterade on this thread or a little jelly but I was surprised when glancing at the last few pages. For those that are looking to buy a new Rubicon, I think you should ignore most of the negativity on this thread and take a good look at what the Recon offers and the price point. All buyers on this forum have reported very happy with it.
Well put, I ended up ordering a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon instead but when I was looking at the JLU Rubicon I also looked at the Recon. For me, just as you said, the Recon comes in cheaper.
No brainer, those hating are just tasting some of that jelly. Why else would someone be so vocal about someone else’s decision to get a recon edition that is cheaper than the same configured rubicon?
Yes it’s not the same recon as was the jku with extra beefed up acmes etc, but it’s still a better deal so who cares.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I don’t give a hoot why FCA did it. Personally, I don’t have time to play with my Jeep the way it deserves, nor the funds to build it out, so I wanted the best I could afford in stock config. The Recon comes in lower priced than a similarly appointed Rubicon plus a little panache. I loaded it and will be happy for the foreseeable future. I hear the Recons are getting snapped up at dealer lots. If that’s not proof this is a good model what is? I’m not sure if there was a bunch of haterade on this thread or a little jelly but I was surprised when glancing at the last few pages. For those that are looking to buy a new Rubicon, I think you should ignore most of the negativity on this thread and take a good look at what the Recon offers and the price point. All buyers on this forum have reported very happy with it.
Some people will knock anything and everything. They bitch when there are not enough options. They bitch when there are more options. 2.0T, 3.6, ESS, eTorque, Diesel, 8-speed auto, manual, Mopar parts, red seatbelts, etc, all get knocked by some. lol. Personally I think it's great to have options. Everyone can buy what they want.

The Recon is a great package and good value for anyone who wants those options.

Last edited:

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Yup a great package if you’ve never had a jeep and want to buy into the lifestyle. And feel confident that youll look really cool at the starbucks drive thru and never go off road.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Yup a great package if you’ve never had a jeep and want to buy into the lifestyle. And feel confident that youll look really cool at the starbucks drive thru and never go off road.
Hows that lifestyle working out for you?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hows that lifestyle working out for you?
Kind of ironic for someone like that to use the word "confident" in their statement. lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I'm loving my Recon!

I didn't have to get the Punk'n in San Jose when I was able to order my replacement just how I want—Punk'n premium soft top with no nannies. I've had her for almost a month and haven't been able to hit any trails (other than a fun dirt road nearby), but this Jeep is great and can't wait for more adventures. The steering is fantastic and solid. I like the rail steps, red seatbelts, leather dash, and the black grille is growing on me.

I priced out various configurations and the Recon was the best bang for the buck for me.

I never thought I'd choose a 4 turbo over a 6, but I'm loving driving it (to get take-out Mexican and margaritas :like:).

A few pics (in case you haven't seen them :CWL:):
34455537-3BBA-4C97-BDE2-FFAF84DCD82B-X3.jpg

012C2E24-3E54-4BC4-9EEC-83A1BF6501B6-X3.jpg

IMG_1503-X3.jpg

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Someones butt hurt lol
No, I don't have a recon, but... I don't feel the need to dump all over someone else's choice of vehicles like you seem to. Recon, Sahara, Sport, Willy's I've been off road with all sorts of Jeeps. People with your attitude wind up getting left behind while the rest of us are actually out there enjoying ourselves.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I order my Recon in January - picked it up 4 weeks ago. My second Jeep - last one nicely built out 2015 Rubicon I sold to family. Could care less about mall crawling, but do enjoy moderate trails and some rock crawling. Recon is no “cooler” than any other Jeep - I just like the value items at a better price point. Kind of like the heavy duty rock rails and tailgate were “free”....though not really. Decals don’t do much for me...but will leave them on. Have the winch and trail lights installed, lift next, then wheels, and better skids. Except for the whistle, I love the turbo.

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
@RagTopDeluxe @Windshieldfarmer should start the ‘Recon then and now’ thread. I bet you have some nice stuff to post and it’s be cool to see older Recons as they stomped around.

Also, I like the wheels on the Recon as much as I like the wheels on the Rubicon but they are different which makes me happy because I can’t upgrade my wheels for the foreseeable future.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, that's HOW bad it was... ;)
If I were doing a Jeep as my spare weekend fun thing, I would go bare bones Sport. These are really out of control. Is anyone taking that off-road? Not many I’ll bet. No offense to any Jeepers but I would buy a Macan for that money any day over that. Maybe a used Macan and a used 2 Dr JL sport.
Sponsored