Sponsored

More narrow 35in tires

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
A few of us have expressed a desire for a tire that is not as wide as the typical 12.5 in the 35in range. I came across these which list a 35x11.5x17. Haven’t seen them for sale anywhere so I emailed them to see if it was a typo or a new offering or what.
https://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/trail-grappler-mud-terrain-light-truck-tire/

I’ll update the thread once I receive a reply.

They also have place to request that a tire be made in a certain size:
https://www.nittotire.com/contact-us/
Select request a tire size in the drop down.

I did this, as I’d love to see theRidge Grappler madein 35x11.5.
I imagine the JL would work really well with these stock suspension on stock wheels and will have a large enough production to make it worth their while to produce if enough people request it.

So if this interests you, take a minute and let Nitto know. TNA
Sponsored

JJW_ND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
That just opened the door to 17" wheels for me. I was all set to go to a 18" wheel as Nitto TG had a 285/75R18 that was the only narrow/light 35" tire. I see these new sizes are also load range C.

I have the 275/70R18 on my current JK. Just under 86,000 miles on them and still 40% treadwear left.

Love these NTG.

jjw
ND

Reactions: 008

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
A few of us have expressed a desire for a tire that is not as wide as the typical 12.5 in the 35in range. I came across these which list a 35x11.5x17. Haven’t seen them for sale anywhere so I emailed them to see if it was a typo or a new offering or what.
https://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/trail-grappler-mud-terrain-light-truck-tire/

I imagine the JL would work really well with these stock suspension on stock wheels and will have a large enough production to make it worth their while to produce if enough people request it.

The Ridge Grappler is made in a LT 285/75/17 Load Range C that is a full 34” in diameter and about 1” narrower than a 70 series tire. That is the one I’m looking at.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
The Ridge Grappler is made in a LT 285/75/17 Load Range C that is a full 34” in diameter and about 1” narrower than a 70 series tire. That is the one I’m looking at.
Yeah, that’s my second choice but this tire is nearly a full inch taller. 33.86 vs 34.76.

Chino78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Occupation
Engineer
Good finding!!!... I will keep an eye in that one... The only thing I dont like about the Nittos is the weight... 72.6 lbs!! :surprised:

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
They are on the heavy side for sure. This shop I used to use said not to go by their listed weights because once they weighed a bunch of different brands and models of the same size with very different listed weights and they all came in about the same. Heavier than stated! No idea if it’s accurate or not just an interesting anecdote.

ClayMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX, BMW 328i Convertible
It will be nice to have 35 inch ridge grappler that can be installed on stock wheels. @008 keep us posted

JLURUBI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
I’m running the 35x11.5x20 ridge grapplers on my diesel truck and love them. Heavy, but just what I need for the diesel and towing. I would definitely consider using them on the stock Rubicon wheels if / when available

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Hopefully you guys are telling Nitto per the kink I provided! It’s the only way they’ll make em.

Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

Jeep was lifted last week by SkyJacker, putting Rubicon wheels and 295/75/17 ridge grapplers on tomorrow - wanted to stay narrow with the sport to try to avoid spacers or aftermarket wheels. Hopefully everything fits - SkyJacker feels with their measurements it this combination should fit.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Jeep was lifted last week by SkyJacker, putting Rubicon wheels and 295/75/17 ridge grapplers on tomorrow - wanted to stay narrow with the sport to try to avoid spacers or aftermarket wheels. Hopefully everything fits - SkyJacker feels with their measurements it this combination should fit.
I do not see a LT295/75/17 tire listed in the Ridge Grappler, but there is a LT285/75/17 in Load Range C.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I do not see a LT295/75/17 tire listed in the Ridge Grappler, but there is a LT285/75/17 in Load Range C.
285/75/17 is correct - I do a bit off off roading so I picked the E range - got 5 from Disxount Tires EBay store for $1330

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
285/75/17 is correct - I do a bit off off roading so I picked the E range - got 5 from Disxount Tires EBay store for $1330
Those tires will mount up nice on 7.5” wide rims. I would be a little worried about mounting a 12.5” wide tire on a 7.5” Rim. I know some say you can do it but just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Sponsored