Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I'd buy another power wagon before a Termor. I have a soft spot for the diesel tremor, but I haven't fully investigated it. The gas motor is several hundred lbs lighter than a diesel so I'd have to work the numbers. I'm actually a Ford man so the Tremor intrigues me. Diesels are heavy motors and not ideal for rock crawling.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Unfortunately since the Tremor is still relatively new, they may not feel the need to move much on price right now. I don't know how many Tremors are sitting on dealer lots right now. Ford (or their dealers) were probably hoping it was going to be like another Raptor.
The dealers certainly wanted it that way.
I know of 3 or 4 Tremors that sat for 3 months on dealer lots with msrp under $60k. Compare that to the scatwide that’s generally sell in less than 2 weeks.

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
I'd buy another power wagon before a Termor. I have a soft spot for the diesel tremor, but I haven't fully investigated it. The gas motor is several hundred lbs lighter than a diesel so I'd have to work the numbers. I'm actually a Ford man so the Tremor intrigues me. Diesels are heavy motors and not ideal for rock crawling.
Literally just brought mine home. Dealer in Virginia.

Runs like a funny car, rides really nice, not awful so far on gas, i call it a win.
20200429_113257_HDR.jpg
20200429_113250_HDR.jpg
20200429_113307_HDR.jpg

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Literally just brought mine home. Dealer in Virginia.

Runs like a funny car, rides really nice, not awful so far on gas, i call it a win.
20200429_113257_HDR.jpg
20200429_113250_HDR.jpg
20200429_113307_HDR.jpg
Part of me is a little jealous, but that front tire looks tiny in the middle picture. I know its a huge truck though. Good luck with the new truck. I have to admit I'm a little curious on the deal that made you travel a few hours for it.

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Part of me is a little jealous, but that front tire looks tiny in the middle picture. I know its a huge truck though. Good luck with the new truck. I have to admit I'm a little curious on the deal that made you travel a few hours for it.
35 inch tires stock.

JakeBrake
What was your price compared to msrp if you don’t mind?
I’ve been offered $53.5k on a $59k msrp truck. I want it closer to $50k. May bite at $51k.

Sponsored

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
truthfully? there were 3 black tremors on the eastern seaboard, according to ford, and, every car shopping site. one was choked with chrome, one was a 350 with too many bells and whistles, and, this one listed as "within 200 miles".

it was a wee bit off.

anyway, sticker was 67k, asking price was 59k, so, I ran for it. it wasn't the deal, as much as, it was what I wanted. the tires are 35s, but, it actually, rides like the street tires on my old f150. not noisy at all. it does, however, handle bumps in curves a lot different. bump in the middle of a curve will remind You really quick, that this is a 250. not a "car truck" suspension that is meant to be "semi-work, yet ,still comfortable. to a degree where you aren't jarring loose fillings, and kidney stones", but, . a "truck truck" meant to "haul your camper so, suffer, bitch."

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
35 inch tires stock.

JakeBrake
What was your price compared to msrp if you don’t mind?
I’ve been offered $53.5k on a $59k msrp truck. I want it closer to $50k. May bite at $51k.
window sticker was just shy of 68. asking was 59,900. they threw on the customary "dealer prep" (1600). yeah....wasn't happening.)

watch that one, and, doc fees. doc fees are a legit 300 bucks. over that, and, it's gouging.

I actually walked out. they came after me (my hand To God). You may have to do that. believe me, if they need to move cars, they will not let You leave.

if the seller needs to move cars, You are somewhat in the driver's seat.
I was semi hosed , as, I really wanted THAT truck. however, I wasn't going to get treated like a crack whore to get it. if they have it, and, someone else 150 miles away does, start really playing both ends to the middle.

and, instead of just cash, see what else they can throw in. at the end of the day, the all weather floormats, and, stupid crap like that make you feel like You at least got Your pound of flesh.

my .02

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
truthfully? there were 3 black tremors on the eastern seaboard, according to ford, and, every car shopping site. one was choked with chrome, one was a 350 with too many bells and whistles, and, this one listed as "within 200 miles".

it was a wee bit off.

anyway, sticker was 67k, asking price was 59k, so, I ran for it. it wasn't the deal, as much as, it was what I wanted. the tires are 35s, but, it actually, rides like the street tires on my old f150. not noisy at all. it does, however, handle bumps in curves a lot different. bump in the middle of a curve will remind You really quick, that this is a 250. not a "car truck" suspension that is meant to be "semi-work, yet ,still comfortable. to a degree where you aren't jarring loose fillings, and kidney stones", but, . a "truck truck" meant to "haul your camper so, suffer, bitch."
Congrats on your new ride. It looks killer. What you describe is typical of any 3/4- 1 ton unloaded. Once you toss your camper on it, she'll ride a lot better. I hope they fixed the steering issue they seem to have. 3 of my coworkers have the 17-19 trucks and before 36k mile mark, they have either really bad steering slop due to worn tie rods or the early stages of the dreaded death wobble. Which is odd, because not much has changed too much from past years as far as suspension and steering goes. I would have hoped the bump steer would have gotten better since they flopped the axle side track bar from under mount to over mount. It definitely aligned it better with the drag link angles.

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on your new ride. It looks killer. What you describe is typical of any 3/4- 1 ton unloaded.
here's what's funny. You picked up on the ride of a 3/4 ton, And, a guy (on the ford truck forum) is whining like a baby that his tremor doesn't ride like his old truck, a (wait for it....) gmc 1500.

You just got out of a marshmallow, and bought a 3/4 ton off road package, and, You can't figure out why it rides like it does?

steering on this thing is shockingly good. it's a tad longer than the subercab it replaces, and, I think has a better turning radius.

I thank everyone for the well wishes. can't wait to put 5 pounds of wax on it.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
great looking truck jakebrake!!! i love the headlights. whats invoice price on your particular build?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
window sticker was just shy of 68. asking was 59,900. they threw on the customary "dealer prep" (1600). yeah....wasn't happening.)

watch that one, and, doc fees. doc fees are a legit 300 bucks. over that, and, it's gouging.

I actually walked out. they came after me (my hand To God). You may have to do that. believe me, if they need to move cars, they will not let You leave.

if the seller needs to move cars, You are somewhat in the driver's seat.
I was semi hosed , as, I really wanted THAT truck. however, I wasn't going to get treated like a crack whore to get it. if they have it, and, someone else 150 miles away does, start really playing both ends to the middle.

and, instead of just cash, see what else they can throw in. at the end of the day, the all weather floormats, and, stupid crap like that make you feel like You at least got Your pound of flesh.

my .02
Thanks,

Their offer to me was $59 otd in 4/7 and 4/24. Walked both times. It’s a $59k msrp, we have about 10% ttl fees on all purchases.
Another dealer with a $57.5k msrp asked to to beat their price and never did.
I have a $51.5k price from a $55.5k msrp missing nav(it’s nice to have when off road or when data signal is not around but not needed). Ford seems to be handing out $2k rebates at random to past customers. If I get one of those I’m buying.

Unless of course the JL Rubi gets to me first with their great price....

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you lived in the south I'd send you to my old mechanic in Texas, Jeff Holman https://www.holmanoffroad.com/.

He can get that 250 riding like a caddy..for the right $$$ lol.

Beautiful truck! I love the new F250's interiors. I'm sure that one's pretty fancy with the Tremor package.

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you lived in the south I'd send you to my old mechanic in Texas, Jeff Holman https://www.holmanoffroad.com/.

He can get that 250 riding like a caddy..for the right $$$ lol.

Beautiful truck! I love the new F250's interiors. I'm sure that one's pretty fancy with the Tremor package.
the irony is, there are fx4s all over the place. the tremor is the fx4 on steroids. 4.30 gearing, rock crawl mode (nope...never going to happen), longer vent tubes for deep water, 7.3 liter, 10 speed trans, a shaved air dam up front for approach angle.

it's ford's attack on the power wagon. the dodge has it with articulation of suspension. the Tremor beats it pretty much everywhere else, can TOW, and, runs on regular unleaded. (I think the ram might be a little less expensive.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
the irony is, there are fx4s all over the place. the tremor is the fx4 on steroids. 4.30 gearing, rock crawl mode (nope...never going to happen), longer vent tubes for deep water, 7.3 liter, 10 speed trans, a shaved air dam up front for approach angle.

it's ford's attack on the power wagon. the dodge has it with articulation of suspension. the Tremor beats it pretty much everywhere else, can TOW, and, runs on regular unleaded. (I think the ram might be a little less expensive.
I definitely understand a mark they were trying to hit with the Tremor. It's definitely THE most off road capable 3/4 ton behind the Powerwagon (no front locker nor smartbar/disconnecting swaybar...kind of deal breaker there). With a front air locker, anti-rock swaybar and softer front/rear springs I'd guess they would be pretty close. And that 7.3/10 speed is the bees knees. The Tremor kind of straddles the fence really well as a work/play truck though. I'd love to have one, no lie!

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
here's what's funny. You picked up on the ride of a 3/4 ton, And, a guy (on the ford truck forum) is whining like a baby that his tremor doesn't ride like his old truck, a (wait for it....) gmc 1500.

You just got out of a marshmallow, and bought a 3/4 ton off road package, and, You can't figure out why it rides like it does?

steering on this thing is shockingly good. it's a tad longer than the subercab it replaces, and, I think has a better turning radius.

I thank everyone for the well wishes. can't wait to put 5 pounds of wax on it.
You gotta keep that black looking really purdy. It's a color I love, but I have only owned once because the up keep is a pain in the ass. I do admire those who live with it, so I will vicariously live through them. Just keep an eye on the steering as the miles go. I find it interesting that all my friends with 17-19 seem to start having problems around the 20-30k mile mark. A little disappointing. I am a man of rather keeping open diffs, then locking them as needed is why I added a front locker in mine, and have the factory e locker in the back. What's crappy is the rear only stays locked until like 20-25mph threshold, but there are wiring work around's that I have done to keep it locked for as long and fast as I want. I like the idea of a limited slip upfront over the factory open diff. Granted with the weight and type of off roading I hardly use the locker because the weight of it kind of works towards your advantage in some respect. I am curious to see what type of LSD it has.

As far as ride quality goes, it should have a slightly lighter spring pack out back compared to the standard SD. If I remember right too, as of 17, standard it should have hydraulic body mounts to help with lighter oscillations cab wise. I would love to buy a new one, but I come to realize that I can't settle on keeping things stock other than my commuter Honda, so like my Rubicon, I would be wasting my money on that trim level. The other reason is I have so much money invested in my current SD, that it is hard to let it go to move on to a new one. I think this time around, I would keep the truck mild and focus on the Jeep as a toy. Although I say it now.. and then I get hooked and then the budget is blown and out of control. If you ever get the itch.. go Carli, you will not regret it. They have lived up to the thrashing, and abuse. Who would have thought my 8500lb sled can do what it does off road as well as improve the street ability. They are supposedly R&D a torsion sway for my gen, although late compared to what they offer for the rams and new Fords. I am drooling waiting to move it to the next level.
Sponsored