Sponsored

What Suspension setups are people running in Australia?

Gear_AU

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
What suspension have people installed and are you happy with the results?
Sponsored

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
What suspension have people installed and are you happy with the results?
For now, staying with the standard setup. I have a quote from ARB for a 2 inch lift, but more likely to go upsize slightly on the tyres when they are due for replacement. The extra clearance for ramp over will be handy, already being hung up once, but also mindful of my current ability to enter most undercover carparks. A balancing act.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
I ordered the 2.5" AEV lift kit back in Jan... Its still coming from America... Sigh... Apparently due for delivery maybe June..

Cant speak personally for it myself, though I was sold on it when I met a guy who writes for Jeep Magazine i think it is who was running that Lift in his JLUR. He said it rides fantastic and im keen to get it in my jeep asap. Plus the price for the entire kit is very nice.

OP
OP
Gear_AU

Gear_AU

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I ordered the 2.5" AEV lift kit back in Jan... Its still coming from America... Sigh... Apparently due for delivery maybe June..

Cant speak personally for it myself, though I was sold on it when I met a guy who writes for Jeep Magazine I think it is who was running that Lift in his JLUR. He said it rides fantastic and im keen to get it in my jeep asap. Plus the price for the entire kit is very nice.
I've been leaning toward this too. I'm going to be towing for the longer trips so a coil that can handle some load is good. Who did you order with?

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Can we order the MOPAR kit from the dealer?

Sponsored

AJ CJ5

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, 2020 JLUR, Harley Road Glide ST & FXFBS
Occupation
Explosives.
Currently running the AEV 2.5 Dual Sport lift with drop brackets. Ride is firm at first but is starting to settle in now. 3 inches in the front and 4 in the rear but this will settle. Pics on my instagram jlrubicon_jeske
Install was fairly easy

OP
OP
Gear_AU

Gear_AU

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I couldn't wait around so install Rubicon Express 2.5 kit with the geo correction brackets. Rides pretty close to stock onroad and works well offroad. I also added some 35's.

Have some video on my facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/doitinthedirt74

Annotation 2020-05-11 082340.png

Annotation 2020-05-11 082428.png

guywiththehair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Prefer not to go with OME /ARB .

I'm interested in the AEV 2.5 lift as well, but wouldn't you need to get that engineer certified for legalities+insurance etc?

Can anyone recommend an installer in NSW?

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Same here looking at the AEV 2.5. Wondering if there is a market for the rubicon kit with rims and tyres. As I will be putting kmc xd 132 rims with 35 nitto's

Sponsored

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Prefer not to go with OME /ARB .

I'm interested in the AEV 2.5 lift as well, but wouldn't you need to get that engineer certified for legalities+insurance etc?

Can anyone recommend an installer in NSW?
my aev kit should be here next month apparently..

But yeah, to be legal would need to be engineered. I heard that the 2.5" lift is when fully loaded with extra fuel tanks, draws, roof racks, winch, etc... and that if running relatively light it pushes above 3.5"

At this stage im probably going to run the kit like that until i can decide what suspension set up i want to run full time in the future.. but for the price, the AEV kit is insanely good.

As for installers in NSW, the two that i can recommend are"

Hills 4x4 https://hills4x4.com.au/
and
Solve Offroad https://www.solveoffroad.com.au/

AJ CJ5

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, 2020 JLUR, Harley Road Glide ST & FXFBS
Occupation
Explosives.
I just got back from a shakedown run on the AEV kit and it is just as good as it was on the old JK. Super smooth when disconnected and aired down. Plush on the big holes and drop offs. Wasn’t carrying any gear but it worked great.
In regards to install if you can change a tyre, have tools and a level garage to work on you can do the install yourself over a weekend. It’s very simple but just take your time. Also the crazy Nm on the lower control arms from the factory will require a large breaker bar. And some swearing.

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, those 24mm nuts are ridiculous. I would advise anyone working at home to make sure you have a good set of tools on hand. As most nuts and it's opposite bolt are the same head size you’ll need 2 of each spanner/ socket. Sway bar bolts to frame also has a litre of loctite per bolt.

I just did a spacer lift and working on the ground did make it a lot harder and slower than u der a hoist. You will save a few hundred dollars in doing it yourself though.

guywiththehair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
I've got a quote on an AEV 2.5" lift, but also checked out ARB.

Apparently its listed as a 50mm/2inch lift on marketing/online/quote, but their internal product descriptions list the kit as a 3.5" lift.

Kinda weird - would the winch+steel bar+150KG rear load really bring a 3.5" lift effectively down to 2"?

Just curious how insurance would deal with this during a potential claim on legalities without engineering etc.

OP
OP
Gear_AU

Gear_AU

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
With my Rubicon Express "2.5" lift I'm now at about 30mm lift on my Rubicon with steelbar, winch, 35' spare and recovery gear in the rear. It's important to understand how they measure their lifts, with no load or with. I'm looking at Synergy Coils now as they quote their lifts base on a "loaded" Rubicon.
Sponsored