BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Just got my
Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace In ams will install this week! How does everyone like it? I have just a tad wonder but nothing to bad.
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It's every bit worth the $200 I paid for it. If you're going to run 33" (IMO) or bigger tires, it is a worthwhile investment. The front frame where the steering box bolts to can flex. Upgrade your front track bar (if you haven't yet) at the same time and your steering should feel much improved.

OP
OP

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
It's every bit worth the $200 I paid for it. If you're going to run 33" (IMO) or bigger tires, it is a worthwhile investment. The front frame where the steering box bolts to can flex. Upgrade your front track bar (if you haven't yet) at the same time and your steering should feel much improved.
What’s the best brand track bar? I also have the
Teraflex Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Fast Adjust stabilizer to install

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my
Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace In ams will install this week! How does everyone like it? I have just a tad wonder but nothing to bad.
I’m with limeade, it was worth it for me. I didn’t have any steering issues at all, and was just doing it as preventative maintenance since I’m running 37s on bead locks. But I could actually feel a difference with it on.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What’s the best brand track bar? I also have the
Teraflex Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Fast Adjust stabilizer to install
That's like asking what's the best brand tire, wheel, etc.

The big question is what track bars will fit the Synergy brace. I use a Rock Krawler track bar cause that's what came with my lift. I have no fitment issues with that and the brace. The axle end uses a high quality heim joint. Due to the confines of the brace, some track bars with extra material at the frame end don't fit.

I think there are fitment issues with the Yeti, but someone else will have to chime in. The Synergy and Rock Krawler TB's are good and I also like the Currie TB's (big fan of the Johnny Joint).

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
That's like asking what's the best brand tire, wheel, etc.

The big question is what track bars will fit the Synergy brace. I use a Rock Krawler track bar cause that's what came with my lift. I have no fitment issues with that and the brace. The axle end uses a high quality heim joint. Due to the confines of the brace, some track bars with extra material at the frame end don't fit.

I think there are fitment issues with the Yeti, but someone else will have to chime in. The Synergy and Rock Krawler TB's are good and I also like the Currie TB's (big fan of the Johnny Joint).
Yeti front track bar mated with Synergy track bar brace here and no issues. As long as the frame side ball joint is round, and not cam lobe shaped, it will fit while using all of the hardware with the brace. I can't recall the other brand that is cam lobe shaped, but it does fit if the one piece of synergy hardware is left out.

laraza2k1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4X4 2019 2 Door
Yeti front track bar mated with Synergy track bar brace here and no issues. As long as the frame side ball joint is round, and not cam lobe shaped, it will fit while using all of the hardware with the brace. I can't recall the other brand that is cam lobe shaped, but it does fit if the one piece of synergy hardware is left out.
Teraflex Alpine IR Track Bar will not allow the bottom bolt on bracket to be installed due to the design of the mounting ends. I would suggest purchasing the Synergy Track bar if you plan to use the Sector Shaft Brace kit.

teraflex_alpine_track_bar.jpg

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
The @Metalcloak trackbar is also known to fit with that brace.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How much of an upgrade do you guys think the Synergy bracket is vs the Rusty's bracket without the sector shaft brace? I already have it installed, wondering if its worth swapping out.
I don’t think it’s worth changing, unless you want the sector shaft brace part of it.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Teraflex Alpine IR Track Bar will not allow the bottom bolt on bracket to be installed due to the design of the mounting ends.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace IMG_20200507_114143343
I asked TeraFlex support if the extra portion of their trackbar was structural or if I could grind it off. This is their answer:

“No, please feel free to grind down that nub. It is actually part of the forging process”

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I asked TeraFlex support if the extra portion of their trackbar was structural or if I could grind it off. This is their answer:

“No, please feel free to grind down that nub. It is actually part of the forging process”

This is correct, you may also need an ultra-low profile 1/2"-13 one inch socket head bolt instead of the standard low profile that Synergy includes. *The factory trackbar mount, frame side, on my JLR seems to pull the trackbar closer to the inside end of mount than a buddy's JLUR. In any case, the bottom low profile nut is very important-according to Synergy, leaving it off can increase stress/flex on the sector shaft bearing leading to bearing failure. The only ultra-low profile that I could find is made from 316 stainless (*torque to 40 foot pounds) and does require a few extra steps...You must drill out the frame bolt hole to 9/16" (the ultra-low profile head has a low shoulder to help offset the reduced strength of the thinner head) and also countersink the Synergy brace on the side facing the frame-a tiny bit of the shoulder extends past the frame. Here are a couple of pictures...

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace IMG_1317
Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace IMG_1294

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace IMG_1298

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
This is correct, you may also need an ultra-low profile 1/2"-13 one inch socket head bolt instead of the standard low profile that Synergy includes. *The factory trackbar mount, frame side, on my JLR seems to pull the trackbar closer to the inside end of mount than a buddy's JLUR. In any case, the bottom low profile nut is very important-according to Synergy, leaving it off can increase stress/flex on the sector shaft bearing leading to bearing failure. The only ultra-low profile that I could find is made from 316 stainless (*torque to 40 foot pounds) and does require a few extra steps...You must drill out the frame bolt hole to 9/16" (the ultra-low profile head has a low shoulder to help offset the reduced strength of the thinner head) and also countersink the Synergy brace on the side facing the frame-a tiny bit of the shoulder extends past the frame. Here are a couple of pictures...

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace IMG_1298

Thanks for the info, where did you get the socket head bolt? Hoping they might have it at Ace Hardware.
Sponsored