Birds destroying my jeep

Foster_WV

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ & JLU
Same here.... easy fix glue boards for mice.

my black VW that sits outside “was” getting molested by birds they could see there reflection it’s a seasonal mating thing
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Yea but if you use glue boards and that winds up flipped over on your paint, good luck getting that off.

I know I’m gonna get s**t for this because our Jeeps are pride, joy and expensive. But I’d buy a cover before cruelly killing these animals.

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
What about this ?

3M Auto Care Rubbing Compound, 03900, 8 oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AR7KVA/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_4myPEbXAPAB5F
Black is the most difficult color to work on. Everything shows on black.

I am not familiar with that specific 3M compound. It looks like it will work but you might have to use a less agressive polish or glaze afterwards to polish out or fill any swirls the compound leaves. A glaze will fill swirls so apply a coat before returning the lease. The finish will probably be good enough so the leasing company will not notice or care.

I use commercial 3M products from auto body shop suppliers. This is what I use.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/collision-repair-us/featured-products/perfect-it/

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
There are a LOT of different brands and products that do the same job. Mcguires, 3M, etc all are good. I use 3M products because it has a excellent supplier network and good support. I developed a good feel for their products over a lot of years.

Detailing is more of a art form. You have to do a lot of it to get a good feel to do it perfectly. Compounds and polish take some practice to get a feel for how to use it correctly. Otherwise you can actually damage the finish even more. Practice on a older car first to get a feel for what the product is like. I definitely do not recommend using a machine unless yo have a good feel for it. Apply by hand. It will take longer but you minimize potential damage by being too aggressive.

Autogeek has some good advice and products they recommend.

https://www.autogeek.net/how-to-remove-scratches.html

This is a link to some good advice.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Finally figured out what was going on. I live in a duplex house and the birds were making nests in the neighbors laddars hanging under the porch. I have an old thread here about when they got white over spray all of my jeep spray painting something. It's a constant headache with these people.

IMG_20200427_131739.jpg

Hero0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu rubicon
After you posted the nest I decided to take a better look at the trees around my driveway. Found and removed 5 nests. I guess I will see how tomorrow goes!
Sponsored