2020 JLU diesel skid plates

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I recently bought the 2020 Diesel Rubicon. When I look at MC skid plates I don't see the 3.0 diesel engine listed. Are there any plans to make a set for the diesel.
I am planning on upgrading my suspension to the game changer 2.5 when the mess we are in ends. Thanks in advance for your support and help.
Sponsored

Buttercup 3.0

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR 2012 JK
I recently bought the 2020 Diesel Rubicon. When I look at MC skid plates I don't see the 3.0 diesel engine listed. Are there any plans to make a set for the diesel.
I am planning on upgrading my suspension to the game changer 2.5 when the mess we are in ends. Thanks in advance for your support and help.
No one is making them so I had one custom made for my DEF tank and exhaust it’s extremely venerable I’ll be getting a engine/trans done soon from Tribe 16

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the great video. Wondering how much did the plate cost. Hopefully more people will step up and make plates for the diesel soon. I didn't know how vulnerable the def tank was to damage. I wonder when we can expect for a complete underbody system to be available.

chain

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2019 JL 2dr Rubicon
I bet it won't take too long. Looking around it seems Metalcloak has the best selection for skids and different Jeep configurations.

Sponsored

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
Sales and tech support for MetalCloak

We are working hard on getting them up to production level. So far we have test fit a set and want to make a couple small changes.

Casey250

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR | 2020 JLUR-D | 2022 Demonator
Occupation
Video Creator
We are working hard on getting them up to production level. So far we have test fit a set and want to make a couple small changes.
I'd love to get my hands on this and on my diesel. Will it be aluminum or steel or either?

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
I'd love to get my hands on this and on my diesel. Will it be aluminum or steel or either?
They will be zinc coated steel like the rest of our skids.

kogar

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
Our first video more to come and lots to learn
Hey Shawn,
I'm the proud owner of one of those Ecodiesel skid plates (thanks to your video). It's sitting in my garage, waiting to be installed. I just had a few questions if you don't mind (asking in the forum because it's probably useful for others that get this plate).
1) You did some welding in the video, but that seems unnecessary, given the bolts that you get for the armor. Was that just you wanting to take things the extra mile ("Send It"-proofing? :LOL: )
2) Seems like I need to drill holes into the brackets underneath to secure the front part of the armor, was that your experience as well? If so, any recommendations to drill through those brackets? They seem like they will eat the batteries in my little Ryobi drill pretty quickly.

3) (Slightly off topic) I realized after pulling my "standard" Rubi plastic bumper that I should probably spring for a good rear bumper. I have a Teraflex Alpha HD spare mount kit coming, but I"m starting to think I should get a bumper with a swing-out instead. Do you (or others) have a recommendation? I couldn't tell what kind of bumper you had on Buttercup.

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
Just an update. We did fit the second round prototypes and should be getting ready to send them into production. It will still be a bit to get them into the rotation with everything going on but they are getting closer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing this in your line of products. A side question. Will the 3.5 game changer work with the 3.0 diesel? Thanks again and stay safe and healthy.

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
Many thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing this in your line of products. A side question. Will the 3.5 game changer work with the 3.0 diesel? Thanks again and stay safe and healthy.
Thank you,

the GameChanger works great on the 3.0L but does require aftermarket wheels because the rear sway bar needs the longer links.

Buttercup 3.0

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR 2012 JK
Hey Shawn,
I'm the proud owner of one of those Ecodiesel skid plates (thanks to your video). It's sitting in my garage, waiting to be installed. I just had a few questions if you don't mind (asking in the forum because it's probably useful for others that get this plate).
1) You did some welding in the video, but that seems unnecessary, given the bolts that you get for the armor. Was that just you wanting to take things the extra mile ("Send It"-proofing? :LOL: )
2) Seems like I need to drill holes into the brackets underneath to secure the front part of the armor, was that your experience as well? If so, any recommendations to drill through those brackets? They seem like they will eat the batteries in my little Ryobi drill pretty quickly.

3) (Slightly off topic) I realized after pulling my "standard" Rubi plastic bumper that I should probably spring for a good rear bumper. I have a Teraflex Alpha HD spare mount kit coming, but I"m starting to think I should get a bumper with a swing-out instead. Do you (or others) have a recommendation? I couldn't tell what kind of bumper you had on Buttercup.
well congrats on the skid I’ll be headed back after my long arm is completed for more. so the welding I did was the nut that are attached to the frame rail are strange looks like a press in nut you will see it if you look in the frame at them but mine popped out so I just tacked it in place so it couldn’t move. For drilling you could use a good stepper bit for that but either way a good drill will help. As far as rear bumpers there are so many good ones if you already have the Teraflex one like I used will do you just mine it’s a Motobilt but lots of options out there on that.

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bump. Just wondering if there is any updates for the under armor. Also on a side note, was also wondering if any progress has been made with the Game Changer 3.5 lift for the heavier 3.0 diesel engine Rubicon. I have read where normal front springs compress significantly due to the increased weight of the engine. Thanks again for your advice.

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
Bump. Just wondering if there is any updates for the under armor. Also on a side note, was also wondering if any progress has been made with the Game Changer 3.5 lift for the heavier 3.0 diesel engine Rubicon. I have read where normal front springs compress significantly due to the increased weight of the engine. Thanks again for your advice.
We are close being able to release the skids and I have already seen a couple of the parts in production.

On the lift end of things we are seeing less than a 1/2" drop in height from the 3.6L to the Diesel. The weight difference is not all up front but actually pretty evenly distributed.
Sponsored