Sponsored

Anyone install 6.5” speakers in JL soundbar? If so how did you do this? Any help would be appreciate

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
https://www.ssvworks.com/product/Jeep-Wrangler-JL-and+JT-overhead-soundbar-6.5in-speaker-adapter

It says "COMING SOON" but doesn't have a date. It also lets you add to cart / checkout. I bought one. Don't know when it will come...
i pre-order these insert adapters today for my Gladiator soundbar. They are expected to ship in the next few weeks. Will be upgrading to 6.5” soon.

Do the Focal or any other good brand 6.5” speakers plug directly into the existing wiring harness?
Sponsored

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
How did you guys go from components to coaxials in the sound bar?

Biconia

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
i just installed the SSV 6.5" Speaker adapter with Alpine R-S6.5 , Alpine R Tweeter + polyfill
wow what a different its Day and Night highly recommended guys!

Fa1321tx

First Name
Floyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
i just installed the SSV 6.5" Speaker adapter with Alpine R-S6.5 , Alpine R Tweeter + polyfill
wow what a different its Day and Night highly recommended guys!
Are the SSV 6.5 adapters simple to install or do you need fiberglass skills to install them?

Sponsored

Biconia

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Are the SSV 6.5 adapters simple to install or do you need fiberglass skills to install them?
its pretty simple one side i used dremel to cut and the other side i use hand saw ( from pocket knife kit )
i didnt remove the Sound bar from car , installed inside the car

KGriner

First Name
K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Definitely doable but it's quite a bit of work..
Great job dude, finally! Good to see somebody on here with some balls and ingenuity, by the way you could’ve also used epoxy, a good JB Weld plastic epoxy would’ve probably been stronger than the original plastic and definitely airtight. Anyway, kudos to you for using your brain and some sweat to get it done! Of Course now SSV makes the adapters for $99!

I’m thinking about the same thing but somehow trying to fit a 6 x 9, Going to do some measuring next week to see if it’s possible anyway, kudos!

KGriner

First Name
K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
In the wrangler...the front speakers are much more important to create a quality front soundstage. The roll bar speakers aren't acoustically in a good location and most quality aftermarket setups focus on investing in good components up front and simply use the soundbar for fill. I have a friend who who had components up front and coaxials in the soundbar and invested in switching the soundbar to components and said it wasn't worth changing bc he couldn't hear a noticeable difference. Putting 5.25" components up front and amplifying made a big difference in mine.
I’d say that’s about 60/40 true, I’ve heard the difference and it can be drastic!

Sponsored

Liberty0rDeath

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I put two ways in the dash, knee pods, and components in the soundbar and while I agree most of the sound is directed from the front; my soundbar adds a lot with the components. As long as the EQ is set right I now have mids and highs that I can hear at highway speeds with the roof off.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone install 6.5” speakers in JL soundbar? If so how did you do this? Any help would be appreciate 03CA2628-4F36-4306-B874-92485D7E0AE1

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
We used a Dremel and dynomat. It's been two years and it sounds awesome.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone install 6.5” speakers in JL soundbar? If so how did you do this? Any help would be appreciate IMG_20180706_111038217

IMG_20180706_135110902.jpg

Fa1321tx

First Name
Floyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I ordered the SSV adapters and have just been too busy to install them. I do notice the stock speakers in the roll bar have some mid range bass. I am wondering if I put my Morel 6.5 coaxles if I will loose the low end and then be forced to get a subwoofer sooner?

jcardenas7196

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door
Vehicle Showcase