BRIGHT WHITE Wrangler JL Club

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
OH MAN!!! THAT IS SICK!!! Will you come do mine? How much of a paint was it to take the dash apart? That looks so freaking cool.
Thanks! I'm really liking it. And I'm glad I did satin white instead of gloss - you get the color-matched look without a bunch of glare.

Dash disassembly wasn't too bad. Takes about an hour if you're taking your time. The worst part is the "cringe factor" of yanking out all of those little clips. I spent about 2 hours on each dash panel to make sure I wrapped them well. I'm glad I spent the time doing this project!

PHXjlu

First Name
PHX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler jlu 2020
Vehicle Showcase
The day after I picked up my new JLURD, I disassembled the dash to wrap the panels (among other projects). I used 3M satin white. Turned out pretty good! I love the look of the color-matched dash
IMG_5417.JPG

IMG_5423.JPG
One big reason why I went with tan seats is the red dash, Im not gonna lie it looks really nice. I just think its too much for the eys in the long term so I decided the tan seats to get the regular dash. Also I wanted V6 and it was really hard to find it with leather seats, the only white on V6 in state was that one so I was like Im buying it lol.

Looking good my friend

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One big reason why I went with tan seats is the red dash, Im not gonna lie it looks really nice. I just think its too much for the eys in the long term so I decided the tan seats to get the regular dash. Also I wanted V6 and it was really hard to find it with leather seats, the only white on V6 in state was that one so I was like Im buying it lol.

Looking good my friend
Thanks!

PHXjlu

First Name
PHX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler jlu 2020
Vehicle Showcase
Im going to remove the spare on my stock jl, not sure how it will look. Has anyone done that? eventually will put KMC xd229 but hopefully it will look good on stock jlur

Sponsored

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
IMG_1192.jpg

Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Has anyone tried to match up the white in powdercoating? I'm looking at Prismatic Colors and they have a few where I could tell in the photos weren't matches to the Jeep white.

Jeep Wrangler Recon.jpg
I have, no dice. I ordered the recommended swatches and a few extra and none of them matched close enough that I would put them on my Jeep.

Allstars_S2

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Vehicle Showcase
I have, no dice. I ordered the recommended swatches and a few extra and none of them matched close enough that I would put them on my Jeep.
The name doesn't sound right but "Dirty White" is darn close and was recommended by their customer service. They sent me 4 samples for a new JL and "Clean White" and "Alpine White" weren't close. I'm thinking of going with Dirty White and will let you know. This is for a powdercoat on black brackets for KC Hightlights Gravity Pro6 lightbar. I'm going to powdercoat the roof rack in red and that will work as I'm not matching colors.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The name doesn't sound right but "Dirty White" is darn close and was recommended by their customer service. They sent me 4 samples for a new JL and "Clean White" and "Alpine White" weren't close. I'm thinking of going with Dirty White and will let you know. This is for a powdercoat on black brackets for KC Hightlights Gravity Pro6 lightbar. I'm going to powdercoat the roof rack in red and that will work as I'm not matching colors.
I think application will be very important. (How and where it's used, not the actual product application process.) If it's something that's right next to a painted portion of the Jeep, you're going to notice anything other than a perfect match. But if it's separated in some way, then you're far less likely to notice minor differences. If your light brackets are mounted on a black bumper, for example, and the color is close, then you'll probably be happy with the results. But if you were coating the bumper itself, then you would notice the difference where it mates to the rest of the body.

Eager to see your results. I have some gear I'd like to get coated.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Thanks, please do. I didn't think it would be this hard to match the bright white. I got impatient and installed my pillar lights on the black brackets with the intention of having them painted if I cant find a match in powder.

Being right on the pillar, I want a perfect match.