Sponsored

Jeep invites you to the first ever Jeep Brand digital livestream roundtable

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
The Jeep team would like to invite you to participate in the Jeep brands first ever digital livestream round table. This first ever digital round table will give you the opportunity to interact and submit questions to designers, engineers, and executive leads.

The livestream will begin Tuesday 4/21 at 4PM EST and can be accessed via the link below. Please comment below with your questions and don't forget to tune in!

https://fiat.mc.eu1.kontiki.com/global2/content?moid=4c91630c-36a6-431b-984c-9c29c675f86b

Round table participants will include:
Jim Morrison – VP Head of Jeep Brand North America
Mark Allen - Head of Jeep Design
Scott Blum - Wrangler Product Planner
Pete Milo - Chief Engineer Wrangler & Gladiator
Nate Buelow - Moderator
Damn i missed it.
Would love to know if that modular 3-panel sunroof with unibody frame will ever be offered (the one we all saw concept art of before the JLU’s launch), or at least an OEM hyperlight pop-up camper top.
Sponsored

powelld353

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2000 Wrangler TJ Sport
Occupation
General idiot, know nothing
Vehicle Showcase
As usual and as expected FCA shit the bed with this. :no:

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, did they cover half doors at all?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Did I want more? Sure. I am sure we all had high expecetations wanting all our personal questions answered. I also understand they can only do so much under the circumstances. It's impossible to please everyone, especially in a very informal 45 minute meeting. I give Jeep a lot credit and appreciate the effort. There is a little light at the end of the tunnel. It sounds like they are listening and would consider some "wish" options if they can be justified.

Maybe wishful thinking on my part? I hope at the very least this thread eliminates a few links in the chain of command. Maybe this thread can serve as a direct line of communication to someone at Jeep who has access to people working directly with the product. The prompt reply back about the manual trans recall is a example. Trust me dealers could have this information and screw it up. lol.

Again, hopefully this thread serves a little like a inside line to decision makers.

Thanks again to Jeep for doing this.

Last edited:

Sponsored

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Just to backtrack a bit; the entire "roundtable" was completely tone deaf for both the time and place. It felt like you're some little kid while the parents shush you, and tell you to play. Streaming in 480p is just ridiculous as a passive feed.

But I digress, there was one tidbit which was more exciting, and that is of electrification. They sounded like they were treading carefully across the generations of Jeep owner for the eventual full transition to EV-based powertrains. They were doing a softsell, while tossing out some intermediate possibilities like a V8 to appease some fraction of owners, while ultimately making more money, which is the whole point given that Jeep is the only diamond in that garbage stable called FCA.

Seems like a split strategy before the gas is done for. I'd switch to an EV if they had one, but a 4k mid-size brick is a tough nut laden with batteries using current tech.

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Just to backtrack a bit; the entire "roundtable" was completely tone deaf for both the time and place. It felt like you're some little kid while the parents shush you, and tell you to play. Streaming in 480p is just ridiculous as a passive feed.

But I digress, there was one tidbit which was more exciting, and that is of electrification. They sounded like they were treading carefully across the generations of Jeep owner for the eventual full transition to EV-based powertrains. They were doing a softsell, while tossing out some intermediate possibilities like a V8 to appease some fraction of owners, while ultimately making more money, which is the whole point given that Jeep is the only diamond in that garbage stable called FCA.

Seems like a split strategy before the gas is done for. I'd switch to an EV if they had one, but a 4k mid-size brick is a tough nut laden with batteries using current tech.
I’d love to go to an EV, if it was economically and functionally sensible. Only problem, at least where I live, is hurricanes. I’m SOL if I lose power for weeks.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Figured it would be crap. Bunch of self-absorbed management getting together 'acting' as they care. Hey, here's an easy one.....stop the rain gutter leaking inside the cab!!! .......you folks should be ashamed of yourselves. "Engineers" what a joke.
Pretty sure if they see your well conceived missive it will go straight into the garbage can. Way to constructively get your point across.

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
I’d love to go to an EV, if it was economically and functionally sensible. Only problem, at least where I live, is hurricanes. I’m SOL if I lose power for weeks.
There's always solar! The panels themselves are incredibly cheap thanks to commoditization. Here on the West coast there's basically almost no excuse why every house isn't covered in solar cells.

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
If Rivian comes out with their vehicles I think they have Jeep beat. FCA has proven to be slow with the electrification curve and has outsourced most of it to bosch. The upcoming plug in is basically re-purposed minivan bits with a ZF hybrid transmission. From what I have seen with regards to the leaked specs on Jeep.com I don't think it is going to be that much of a revelation. FCA just doesn't have the technical expertise to produce a real compelling EV so they are re-purposing the minivan bits in the interim

Sponsored

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
If Rivian comes out with their vehicles I think they have Jeep beat. FCA has proven to be slow with the electrification curve and has outsourced most of it to bosch. The upcoming plug in is basically re-purposed minivan bits with a ZF hybrid transmission. From what I have seen with regards to the leaked specs on Jeep.com I don't think it is going to be that much of a revelation. FCA just doesn't have the technical expertise to produce a real compelling EV so they are re-purposing the minivan bits in the interim
Funny in the chat they mentioned that this is not a compliance vehicle, and essentially that's what it is. Granted, moving to EVs is not for the underfunded shrinking manufacturers like FCA.

The EV they were talking about does sound like purpose built vehicle, but FCA does not have the money for this. The benefit needs to amortize over an entire range of vehicles. Jeep really needs to find a deep-pocketed buyer that'll carry the legacy.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I think one of the issues may be that they underestimated the level of product knowledge from the forum members. They seemed to aim their messaging (folksy style) to the least common denominator. I applaud them for holding the event, and I'm glad I attended, but they should have kept to the question/answer format as they had initially indicated. And...there was no danger of anyone in the audience getting out of hand (with Jeep's answers) because the meeting was one-way communication.

I, for one, wanted to know more about the diesel's DPF. Electric Jeeps; not so much. Hell, I'm one of the most liberal members on this forum (I'm outnumbered a zillion to one), and even I don't want an electric Jeep.

Last edited:
Reactions: GtX

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I loved the Rivian truck, but my only concern was that they didn’t have the production infrastructure. I think they’ve been working on the truck and SUV since the early 2010’s.

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I think one of the issues may be that they underestimated the level of product knowledge from the forum members. They seemed to aim their messaging (folksy style) to the least common denominator. I applaud them for holding the event, and I'm glad I attended, but they should have kept to the question/answer format as they had initially indicated. And...there was no danger of anyone in the audience get out of hand (with Jeep's answers) because the meeting was one-way communication.

I, for one, wanted to know more about the diesel's DPF. Electric Jeeps; not so much. Hell, I'm one of the most liberal members on this forum (I'm outnumbered a zillion to one), and even I don't want an electric Jeep.
I honestly don’t think any of them knew or could answer the more technical questions that forum members had. I believe they did a good job with what they had, but they should continue these livestreams and answer more specific questions. It wouldn’t be hard to do their own internal research and answer it at a later date.

This would set them apart from other manufacturers and show that they were genuinely interested and concerned with their customers and fans.

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Also, while I'm ranting, I don't care for the damn Gladiator. Ever since that crap came along, JL's progress has taken a back seat of a Wrangler (not an Unlimited).
I just wish they would have released a full-sized actual Gladiator. This kind of feels like a Dodge Dakota replacement. I know it’s basically the same platform as the JL (just stretched a bit) but it would have been awesome to see a true, full-size Jeep pickup, complete with a reimagined Gladiator grille and an optional 8’ bed that you don’t have to add 2x4s to before you can haul a sheet of plywood.
Sponsored