First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I have a question, how much are you going to spend on Rubi fenders? Unless you are getting a smoking deal or love the look make sure you checkout other aftermarket ones. I am a fan of nemesis industries. Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MasterOfPuppetS

MasterOfPuppetS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I have a question, how much are you going to spend on Rubi fenders? Unless you are getting a smoking deal or love the look make sure you checkout other aftermarket ones. I am a fan of nemesis industries. Just my 2 cents.
there is a Jeep shop locally selling for $300 with liners and LED DRL’s. I will take a look at the nemesis ones. So far the factory Rubi fenders just look the best to me. Most of the aftermarket ones I’ve seen are just too aggressive for my taste.

OP
OP
MasterOfPuppetS

MasterOfPuppetS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
None of that matters. Cone patterns are the same. The thread pitch is different from the JK to JL. If you are swapping wheels back and forth from JK to JL all you will need to do. Is make sure you use the correct Lug nuts. And in my opinion. Throw those stock pieces of shit nuts in the trash and purchase some solid lug nuts. Or wait until the paper thin faux chrome wrapping causes you a really bad day. Or some shop tech.

1/2x20 for the JK

14mmx1.5 for the JL
Thanks for the tip. In my pea brain I can’t figure out why You would need to change lug nuts if you are changing wheels. Like I said earlier I am no expert though. It seems You would just reuse the JL lug nuts on the JL studs.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Thanks for the tip. In my pea brain I can’t figure out why You would need to change lug nuts if you are changing wheels. Like I said earlier I am no expert though. It seems You would just reuse the JL lug nuts on the JL studs.
@MasterOfPuppetS thank you! That's what I was assuming as well. I was concerned about the angle of the cone, where the lug nut sits against the wheel. Some wheels are manufactured with a different angle, or no cone at all, so I just wanted to verify the JK and JL had the same depth on the cone.
Sponsored