Jeep invites you to the first ever Jeep Brand digital livestream roundtable

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I would like to thank the Jeep folks for doing this roundtable. I can see that at least some of the questions raised here were included in the discussion, well done. Looks like most of the time spent was on discussing the Jeep concepts and customization possibilities rather than some of the other questions raised here. Regardless, I applaud the Jeep folks for taking the time out of their otherwise busy days to open this type of communication with customers. If these round tables continue, perhaps they will evolve to be more “topic specific” (I.e. have a roundtable only dedicated to concepts, another dedicated to the dealer network and servicing, another to maybe the engine roadmap..... stuff like that).

bottom line: well done.
Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Wow...is this missing the mark, or what? What happened to our questions? Who (of us) asked about electric Jeeps?
They should of said "submit your non-technical, non-issue questions for our livestream". That would of set the better expectation.

Bottom Line: Disappointed

Sponsored

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
It doesn't help that they shut down the customer retention line in Michigan so that their agents could watch this. Was supposed to get a call back today to resolve my case and the whole customer retention's department is shut down for a "meeting."

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
You, my friend, are VERY generous in your assessment. They appear to be tone deaf.
The moderator feeding them the questions is the problem. 40mins of tuning in, I logged off. The other three are worth listening to.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The moderator feeding them the questions is the problem. 40mins of tuning in, I logged off. The other three are worth listening to.
I'm sure they panel reviews and approves the questions that will be asked ahead of time so they are somewhat prepared. The moderator is sticking to the panel approved script, the same that most companies do, but they have avoided technical issues. Scott Blum said he is on a lot of Jeep forums, especially FB.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Look at the bright side, at least we won't be disappointed if there is no recording the event.

Bottom Line: opportunity squandered.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I get why everyone is disappointed, and I too wish it was a format answering your questions and putting them in the 'hot seat' so to speak. However, I never believed for a second that this roundtable would be anything different than it was. They'll make sure these sorts of things are 'feel good' experiences and will use it as a marketing ploy above all else. That's just how these things go.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
The Jeep team would like to invite you to participate in the Jeep brands first ever digital livestream round table. This first ever digital round table will give you the opportunity to interact and submit questions to designers, engineers, and executive leads.

The livestream will begin Tuesday 4/21 at 4PM EST and can be accessed via the link below. Please comment below with your questions and don't forget to tune in!

https://fiat.mc.eu1.kontiki.com/global2/content?moid=4c91630c-36a6-431b-984c-9c29c675f86b

Round table participants will include:
Jim Morrison – VP Head of Jeep Brand North America
Mark Allen - Head of Jeep Design
Scott Blum - Wrangler Product Planner
Pete Milo - Chief Engineer Wrangler & Gladiator
Nate Buelow - Moderator
47 minutes in I'm going to rewrite the first post.

The Jeep team would like to invite you to participate in watch the Jeep brands first ever digital livestream round table. This first ever digital round table will give you the opportunity to interact and submit questions to designers, engineers, and executive leads, that if controversial, basically we'll ignore.

Essentially, rather than cover these issues we'll talk about past and future concept rigs and tell stories.

The livestream will begin Tuesday 4/21 at 4PM EST and can be accessed via the link below. Please comment below with your questions and don't forget to tune in!

https://fiat.mc.eu1.kontiki.com/global2/content?moid=4c91630c-36a6-431b-984c-9c29c675f86b

Round table participants will include:
Jim Morrison – VP Head of Jeep Brand North America
Mark Allen - Head of Jeep Design
Scott Blum - Wrangler Product Planner
Pete Milo - Chief Engineer Wrangler & Gladiator
Nate Buelow - Moderator

I set 0 expectations and got slightly more.

spudf16

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Dr
They asked for feedback about the livestream...

Well, you said the parts for the clutch are out, but I called and the dealership is not aware.

And you said "our engineers are working on the steering...expect something soon." I am sure you are weary on saying something because of legal issues, but you could have at least expanded a bit and talked about RECOGNIZING THE ISSUE AND THE COMPLAINTS.
Sponsored