Sponsored

Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate]

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Forget the recall, the Centerforce is worth it just for how much better my Jeep drives now. No surging at low speed, no stalling in reverse, you can actually pick an rpm to launch at if you need to jump into traffic, etc... etc... etc...

Then, consider that the recall is bad enough for Jeep to issue a stop sale. My clutch was terribly burned at 37,000 miles, and I'm not a bad driver. I'm more concerned that i may have experienced this failure than i was before replacing the clutch

20200404_183153.jpg

20200404_182431.jpg

20200406_132833.jpg
Thanks Toy, I will talk to the service manager when I get the recall notice and plan the best route. Thanks again these posts definitely help. Be safe pal.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
the recall is bad enough for Jeep to issue a stop sale
I know Iā€™m being pedantic, but I have to point out that *all* safety recalls result in a stop sale. When I ordered my 2018 there was a cruise control recall that they had to perform before I could take delivery.

I enjoy reading your reviews on centerforce. It sounds like a worthy upgrade, and one Iā€™ll consider when my stock clutch wears out.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I know Iā€™m being pedantic, but I have to point out that *all* safety recalls result in a stop sale. When I ordered my 2018 there was a cruise control recall that they had to perform before I could take delivery.

I enjoy reading your reviews on centerforce. It sounds like a worthy upgrade, and one Iā€™ll consider when my stock clutch wears out.
I'll be honest, I wasn't aware of that but it makes sense if it's safety related

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I called FCA this morning. No resolution has been communicated to the reps. They donā€™t know anything. The dealership has no parts or plan to repair, but they have a waiting list. The website says the recall officially starts tomorrow. They also told me FCA would not reimburse me if I had a mechanic replace my clutch.

wonderful. Just be careful and watch for smoke or a burning smell.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be honest, I wasn't aware of that but it makes sense if it's safety related

Iā€™ll

Iā€™ll be honest too, I never heard the word pedantic in my life.
Hahahaha I know go back to school Steve.
Good day guys!

Sponsored

nunziotocci

First Name
Annunziato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701
Big news listening to the livestreamed roundtable: Jim Morrison has just announced that the recall is now live and dealers can service your vehicle.

In addition they have re-opened orders for the standard transmission.

I'm going to call my dealer after work today and see if I can schedule it.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What are the advised actions to resolve?

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just called 3 different dealerships here in NY, they all checked their system and advised there in no current fix :/

Roweski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I was supposed to take delivery of my JL today, but the dealership called an hour before and said they needed to service it before the sale due to the recall. The sales manager says the service dept will fix it tomorrow. Since I don't actually own it yet, I didn't get to talk to the service department, I'll be surprised if they actually have the parts on hand since no one seems to know what parts are necessary.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Just called 3 different dealerships here in NY, they all checked their system and advised there in no current fix :/
No fix? That doesnā€™t make sense. I understood there is a fix, just waiting on parts. Very different things.

Sponsored

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
No fix? That doesnā€™t make sense. I understood there is a fix, just waiting on parts. Very different things.
What made you think there was a fix? Literally can't find anything about a fix anywhere in this thread.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
What made you think there was a fix? Literally can't find anything about a fix anywhere in this thread.
The attached talks about a repair and replace parts as needed, but waiting on parts.
1E3B7993-6ACC-4361-8F03-B20527DDD353.png

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
That seems to be a sign of the times ...If you tell them a fkng lie enough times maybe they'll believe it! Or maybe because they are so high up the corporate ladder they actually believe there is a fix because they keep getting told there is, so they don't loose their jobs!
Either way....One person doesn't know what the other is doing/saying. Even at the top!!!! pretty much sums it up!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Big news listening to the livestreamed roundtable: Jim Morrison has just announced that the recall is now live and dealers can service your vehicle.

In addition they have re-opened orders for the standard transmission.

I'm going to call my dealer after work today and see if I can schedule it.
In the live stream thread, Nate posted that there was a mistake. The parts will not be available until next week, so unfortunately there is not a way to get the recall repaired right now.
Letters will be sent out next week and then you can go in for service.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
In the live stream thread, Nate posted that there was a mistake. The parts will not be available until next week, so unfortunately there is not a way to get the recall repaired right now.
Letters will be sent out next week and then you can go in for service.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
Thanks for the info! I'm still not clear on the resolution: please clarify...

Will the wiring harness me moved and clutch inspected for only damaged parts to be replaced OR is the action to automatically replace all clutch parts, regardless?
Sponsored