Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I called in shortly after @Bestop support went online at 8am. The gentleman I spoke with was completely baffled at how any water could wind up at the rear view mirror location. We chatted for a few minutes about possible scenarios, but neither of us came to any formal conclusions. I was told it wasn't necessary to adjust any latches. One suggestion was for me to head to a car wash and see what happens while sitting in the vehicle, but that's not possible due to COVID-19. Another suggestion, since I still have my original top, is to use the set of door rails from my new/replacement top with the fabric/material from the old/original top. I may go this route and then break out the garden hose and blast the entire top with water. I'm not too pleased that I have to go through all this just to get a non-leaking top. My last resort would be to ask for a full refund.
Sponsored

EagleJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
UPS
Just installed mine. This dosen't look right all.

20200421_111146.jpg

20200421_111132.jpg

laraza2k1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4X4 2019 2 Door
Just installed mine. This dosen't look right all.
Don't stress. When I installed mine a few weeks back I had the same issue on one side. All you need to do is fold the top all the way open, then starting on one side loosen the side rail bolts. On the base in each rear corner is a rubber boot/seal. Right now your foldable top seal is on the outside. This is not correct. With the rail(s) loosened, you should be able to put the fabric top seal on the inside of the bottom one correctly. It's hard to explain without pics, but go take a look and it should be obvious once you understand. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

EagleJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
UPS
I messed with it and got it fixed. I was stressed! Thanks!
Don't stress. When I installed mine a few weeks back I had the same issue on one side. All you need to do is fold the top all the way open, then starting on one side loosen the side rail bolts. On the base in each rear corner is a rubber boot/seal. Right now your foldable top seal is on the outside. This is not correct. With the rail(s) loosened, you should be able to put the fabric top seal on the inside of the bottom one correctly. It's hard to explain without pics, but go take a look and it should be obvious once you understand. Hope this helps.
20200421_120508.jpg

20200421_120520.jpg

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Yes. Lower your sun visor. There are 2 screws covered by felt pads where the latches connect to the vehicle. Remove the felt pads (they can be re-used) to get to the screw heads. Loosen those screws a little at a time and you should be able adjust from there. I'm not sure what the bit size is. You should only need a small amount of adjustment, so don't go nuts fully removing the screws. As I said, just enough to get some play so that you can adjust.
Hello will this adjustment fix the leak I'm getting from the b-piller?

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hello will this adjustment fix the leak I'm getting from the b-piller?
Not sure. 1st, make sure your z-clips are inserted to the door surround properly. 2nd, I suggest contacting @Bestop directly. These tops should not leak if installed properly.

The leak issue I had, turned out to be an improperly installed door gasket from the factory and an issue with the body seams under the driver side cowl. It was just coincidence that I had installed my Sunrider for Hardtop and then noticed the leak issue.

C_Mac78

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
So i've started having issues again about a week ago. Still the same old fluttering sound but its louder. I am currently trying to rectify it myself and COMPLETELY rule out user error before I start losing it :angry::CWL:
did you ever figure out the flapping? Experiencing this with it closed. Have had the sunrider replaced twice.

OP
OP
Trojan_Actual

Trojan_Actual

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Occupation
Retired Military
did you ever figure out the flapping? Experiencing this with it closed. Have had the sunrider replaced twice.
Hi! I ended up selling it, and the gentleman that bought it said it worked fine.

I’d expect SOME flapping but not like mine was.

Try loosening all your hard top bolts (all 8) and have someone push the hardtop forward from the back while you retighten. I did this when I installed a soft top and it made the left and right latches even up. That may do something.

Riotfunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Willys with 2 Doors
I have a different issue.
Just installed mine today. When closed it’s fine, no issues, top is completely taut.

When opened I get a flapping right above the speaker bar clamp. The fabric flaps up and down striking the plastic at any speeds above 40. If I put my hand there, it buffers it enough that it stops. Sounds like when the seat belt flaps against the b pillar. Annoying.

Bestop was baffled and passed it to support. Anyone have this issue and it fixed it?

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I have a different issue.
Just installed mine today. When closed it’s fine, no issues, top is completely taut.

When opened I get a flapping right above the speaker bar clamp. The fabric flaps up and down striking the plastic at any speeds above 40. If I put my hand there, it buffers it enough that it stops. Sounds like when the seat belt flaps against the b pillar. Annoying.

Bestop was baffled and passed it to support. Anyone have this issue and it fixed it?
Do you have any pictures of the overall install, showing the top opened in the sunrider position and then latched closed, that you could email me? I'll see what I can do to help, [email protected].

~Crystal@Bestop
www.bestop.com

Riotfunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Willys with 2 Doors
I can tell you there’s a distinct difference between my 2018 JLUR and my daughter’s 2018 Sahara. Mine has more play in the steering, but everything else is fine. Hers has absolutely no play. Hers handles the same as the 2016 Durango SSV I drive for work.
Do you have any pictures of the overall install, showing the top opened in the sunrider position and then latched closed, that you could email me? I'll see what I can do to help, [email protected].

~Crystal@Bestop
www.bestop.com

I sent them already to someone there who forwarded them to you earlier today.
Sponsored