Sponsored

2018 Wrangler Images Revealed At Dealer Event! JT Pickup Previewed?

Rambeaux

First Name
John J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Willys JKU
Occupation
Aircraft Doctor
I wonder if the death wobble option is still available.
Sponsored

Rockcrawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps and Bikes
Looks like the tail lights will finally get some flair! They seem to feature an X design without looking exactly like the Renegade's lights.

The pics are blurry but from what I can tell the X design actually reminds me of the design of military jerrycans, which would be a cool look!

32jerry can 20l - BR1016.jpg
Cool idea and that'd look much better than the Renegade's lights.

Jeep XXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Am I crazy or wasn't it confirmed by Jeep or somewhere that the next Wrangler would NOT get the Renegade lights?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if the death wobble option is still available.
HAHA!!!! Death wobble's always been standard equipment, not optional!

JLtherig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU (future)
Viewing these shots is like squinting your eyes without actually doing so. These shots are super low quality. You can't even visually tell there's the arch in the grille.

Sponsored

PSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Viewing these shots is like squinting your eyes without actually doing so. These shots are super low quality. You can't even visually tell there's the arch in the grille.
Yea it's like they expected someone to snap a photo and leak it. Come to think of it maybe this was intentional. The spy photographers and OEM's have been known to be in cahoots for publicity purposes in the past.

We can't even tell if there's a pickup bed or rear glass. Hopefully there's a lot more changes not seen.

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Yea it's like they expected someone to snap a photo and leak it. Come to think of it maybe this was intentional. The spy photographers and OEM's have been known to be in cahoots for publicity purposes in the past.

We can't even tell if there's a pickup bed or rear glass. Hopefully there's a lot more changes not seen.
Yea the conspiracy theorist in me thinks that for these pics to be leaked via a spy photographer can't be mere coincidence. Whoever who took these I think had an idea they were gonna sell the photos to the spy photogs. In any case, just glad we got a peek at the JL this way.

These photos don't show the thing me and a lot of other Wrangler enthusiasts are most interested in seeing revealed -- the rumored new fixed roof structure with its removable panels. Except for the major roof structure change, most everything else sounds like they'll be an incremental change.

The Doc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited, Future JT Pickup (hopefully)
Looks like Admin updated the post since I posted, either that or my morning coffee didnt kick and and I missed the whole bottom paragraph.

If it is the JT then is just me but the bed height seems really short. Also a little bummed about the spare tire on the rear tailgate, but Im sure the aftermarket can fix that. I was hoping for a more AEV brute rear end.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Wrangler Images Revealed At Dealer Event! JT Pickup Previewed? {filename}

Also this would make is seem like that Pick Up will share the same front end as the JL and not have its own unique name like some though the Crew Chief 715 concept might have been hinting at.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Wrangler Images Revealed At Dealer Event! JT Pickup Previewed? {filename}
Agreed it would be cool if the JT had its own unique front and if there's any concept that it should take after the Crew Chief would be top on my list.

I found the full poster and it leads me to believe it actually is the pickup on there since you can see at least the silhouette of the rear glass on each of the cars. It's totally missing on the Wrangler. If it is, I too am disappointed at the spare tire on the tailgate.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed it would be cool if the JT had its own unique front and if there's any concept that it should take after the Crew Chief would be top on my list.

I found the full poster and it leads me to believe it actually is the pickup on there since you can see at least the silhouette of the rear glass on each of the cars. It's totally missing on the Wrangler. If it is, I too am disappointed at the spare tire on the tailgate.

I don't think for a second that it's the truck. More likely the JL hinting/leaking that it will indeed have a removable top.

N.Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 TJ
Is it just me or is there a barely visible dark gray line above rear tailgate in that full poster photo?

Sponsored

Wolfslash16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JKU Firecracker Recon.
Is it just me or is there a barely visible dark gray line above rear tailgate in that full poster photo?
I see it too. It's so faint I can't tell if it's the roof or not...

JLtherig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU (future)
Just remembered reading this article last year on Jalopnik with info from a dealer rep who attended the FCA dealer meeting in Vegas and saw the JL:

"Biggest surprise at the end though was seeing the new 2017 Wrangler. Not a big departure from the JK, but I’d say it shares nothing with the JK."

Sounds about right considering all of what we've heard and and seen. Obviously they got the MY wrong.

Link: http://oppositelock.kinja.com/fca-dealer-show-rumor-roundup-trackhawk-info-new-wran-1726546007

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think for a second that it's the truck. More likely the JL hinting/leaking that it will indeed have a removable top.
You could be right and that gray area on the left and right of the spare could be reflections of the lighting hitting where the hard top would sit.

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

I see it too. It's so faint I can't tell if it's the roof or not...
Looks like a photo artifact to me. There's faint white/gray lines all over the place in that photo - look above the front JL view for example.

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Just remembered reading this article last year on Jalopnik with info from a dealer rep who attended the FCA dealer meeting in Vegas and saw the JL:

"Biggest surprise at the end though was seeing the new 2017 Wrangler. Not a big departure from the JK, but I’d say it shares nothing with the JK."

Sounds about right considering all of what we've heard and and seen. Obviously they got the MY wrong.

Link: http://oppositelock.kinja.com/fca-dealer-show-rumor-roundup-trackhawk-info-new-wran-1726546007
It's too bad he didn't sneak out a pic like what happened at this dealer meeting :)

But yea I bet when the JL Wrangler is revealed it's going to be one of those new models that while looking pretty similar to the outgoing one, still features 90% new panels. The spy pics and renderings support this so far.
Sponsored