Installed: 37s with NO LIFT on JLUR

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Totally off topic here, but I've always wondered this... What is the appeal of buying a JLUR as you have no intentions of doing any hard offroading?

I'm not knocking your decision in anyway just really curious.
I own a JLUR. I won’t be doing “hard off-roading”. So, why did I buy it?

1) I like the stock looks
2) I don’t need to do anything to it (other than a winch and some lights)—- its already more capable than I need. That is reassuring if I do get myself onto a trail that I don’t have the best skills for. The Stock Rubi may save me, given my skills, where a stock sport might not.
3) I like the looks
4) it’s good looking.
5) my wife says it looks “tough”
6) it’s sharp looking
Sponsored

Last edited:

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
I would bet nearly half of all rubi's sold will never do any "hard off-roading". They were bought for other good reasons like getting around in winter snowy roads or just because they look awesome and require very little mods compared to a sport. whatever the reason is don't matter, the only thing that matters is we all enjoy jeeps....for our own reasons. JMO. Getting back to the subject, I think those 37's look great on your Rubi with no lift makumozosd.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I've been rocking this setup for several months now and couldn't be happier. The torque from the 2.0T handles the 37s without breaking a sweat. Why no lift? Simple; I wanted to keep suspension geometry as close to factory as possible while still being able to swallow 37s. You NEED 37s, even 35s look puny on JLs IMO. I'm not rock crawling so 100% clearance at MAX articulation was not the focus. If I'm able to wheel mild and moderate trails without issues I'm good. This setup does exactly that. The icing on the cake is that "low and wide" stance you get with no lift. Its all personal preference guys! Its all about proper wheel offset/backspacing + tire selection for clearance. The point is you can run 37s (not just any 37 setup though) on a stock JLUR without too much fuss.

- 37s BFG KO2s
- 17x9 Fuel Zephyr -12mm
- Stock Suspension
- Cavfab spare delete
- Rockhard Stubby front with Squadron Pros
- Dynomax muffler delete
- Alienshade

20200414_130208.jpg
20200414_130219.jpg
20200414_130252.jpg
20200414_130022.jpg
Screenshot_20200418-103422_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200418-105028_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200418-105126_Gallery.jpg
20200414_130041.jpg
20200328_203247.jpg
You might want to check out this thread where the OP has a JLUR with 37s with stock 4.11 gears and the trans fluid is burnt badly at only 20,000 miles. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...uto-transmission-service-details.48248/page-3

OP
OP
makumozosd

makumozosd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0T
Totally off topic here, but I've always wondered this... What is the appeal of buying a JLUR as you have no intentions of doing any hard offroading?

There is a LOT of fun to be had in your Rubi before you get to hardcore off-roading. I prefer mild and moderate trails, mountain B roads, small dunes here in East SD, traversing small creeks, etc. Do I NEED a Rubicon for this? Probably not. Could I get away with a Sport or Sahara? Probably. What's the point? Capability is peace of mind. Having capability that exceeds your use case can save you a lot of pain and money down the road. The Rubi fits the bill here perfectly. Oh yeah...and it looks bad ass, less stuff to replace, resale is better, blah blah blah.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tasteless garbage

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
I’m glad that you built the Jeep exactly like you want it. Well done.

to me personally, the 37s look too big (is there such a thing? LOL). But who the hell cares? It’s your Jeep. You built it. It drives like you want it. It functions perfectly on the trails you wan to drive on. It’s perfect for you in every way. Kudos to you! Drive it with pride.
I run 35s with no lift full size spare and at full rear articulation tire rubs big time,
Running km3s. I was told you could run 35s on a rubi with no lift. WTF

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I've been on 37s no lift for several months now and rub all the time unless I'm riding alone. If I have people in the back I will rub on even small bumps. Of course I have a heavy 20in wheel hanging off the back and it does indeed make a huge different. I ran with no spare for awhile and it took more effort to rub. I am still looking forward to the day install a 2.5 in lift!

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thanks for the post OP

I pulled the rear seat, spare and muffler off the day I brought mine home

And the only time I run the spare is for long trips

After running my 35's with no lift (front leveling kit) for 9k miles I wish I had risked the 37's

Even mild trail riding here with the front sway bar disconnected I have never rubbed at all

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
So I can’t run 35’s bone stock at full articulation on stock wheels if I add a Rubicon to the stables? Let’s assume @ gvwr.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP

I went R because I wanted the D44s and lockers and 4:1 case. Plan to take it to Utah and CO this summer depending on the outcome of covid. Other than that I’m not planning to do any “hardcore” off-roading in it. I think I’m passed that stage.
ACB00344-DC95-4EB3-966E-632C8B359902.jpeg

You might want to check out this thread where the OP has a JLUR with 37s with stock 4.11 gears and the trans fluid is burnt badly at only 20,000 miles. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...uto-transmission-service-details.48248/page-3
Guy buys a used and crashed Jeep with no prior history of how that thing was treated...idk. I’d take that with a grain of salt.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

For me, a Rubicon is pretty much ready to do my light to moderate off-roading and still handle something unexpected during one of my hunting trips. My entertainment activity is the hunting, not the 4 wheeling, getting stuck, breaking parts, working on the Jeep, etc.. As I get older, working on vehicles is less fun with all the aches and pains. But I see Rubicons everyday here in the city that will never touch a dirt driveway and never see snow, let alone a trail. Most of the Jeeps sold, I believe people are buying an image, just like most other vehicles. Like; how many ZR1 Corvette owners are going to drive their car 200 mph?

Last edited:

GeepNee

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Altitude, 2018 Tesla Model 3
OP, nice looking rig. Glad you set it up the way you like it and happy with it.
Sponsored