Biconia

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if i should quote myself or not, but no one has answered my questions yet. I have done a little more research myself today. One think I have found is it looks like PAC does not have software for Mac and JL does. That puts me leaning toward the Fix86. I downloaded their TuN software to play around a bit. I was under the impression that the Fix86 would do everything the amps with built in DSP would do but that does not seem to be the case.
sorry for late reply to your comment
if you like to send to me and pay for return and other costs.. i can make a harness for you ( Resistor , Speaker connectors etc etc... )
hope this helps
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if i should quote myself or not, but no one has answered my questions yet. I have done a little more research myself today. One think I have found is it looks like PAC does not have software for Mac and JL does. That puts me leaning toward the Fix86. I downloaded their TuN software to play around a bit. I was under the impression that the Fix86 would do everything the amps with built in DSP would do but that does not seem to be the case.
So, the PAC is the easiest option. The PC interface shouldn't be a deal breaker, as you won't really need to get into it unless there's a major flash upgrade. If that happens, you could borrow a friend's laptop for a few minutes. The adjustments you need to make are accomplished via external DIP Switches.

The Fix86 can be directly tapped into the existing wiring, or you can secure a Metra plug, and tap into its wires (preserves your stock wiring).

I'm curious as to what's missing in the TUN 3.0 software? It has just about everything you could dream of, with massive crossover, timing adjustment, per speaker EQ's and profile controls. If something is missing that you're looking for, let us know, and we'll check it out.

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
One of my Metra pods slipped on my work bench when I was screwing the speaker in and I hit the speaker... no puncture but with all the work it takes to get these pods in and now a am at a standstill. Wondering if this will be okay or get get a new one.

wondering if anyone can provide advice on if this is suspect or if I should be okay based on the damage on this...
HOLY COW .... I just got off the phone with Crutchfield. I explained what happened to my speaker, (punched a hole through the rubber gasket during install) and they are sending me a replacement for free!!
As long as I send the damaged one within 14 days, there will be no charge at all.
What an amazing company. I thought for sure I would be eating a chunk of money to purchase a new set.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
So, the PAC is the easiest option. The PC interface shouldn't be a deal breaker, as you won't really need to get into it unless there's a major flash upgrade. If that happens, you could borrow a friend's laptop for a few minutes. The adjustments you need to make are accomplished via external DIP Switches.

The Fix86 can be directly tapped into the existing wiring, or you can secure a Metra plug, and tap into its wires (preserves your stock wiring).

I'm curious as to what's missing in the TUN 3.0 software? It has just about everything you could dream of, with massive crossover, timing adjustment, per speaker EQ's and profile controls. If something is missing that you're looking for, let us know, and we'll check it out.
It is not the TuN software itself. I can only use it on "demo mode" but it looks like there are a lot more options on tuning with DSP built into the amp vs what is on the Fix86. Specifically I don't think the Fix86 has adjustable time alignment (could have overlooked it) or a parametric EQ. I will spend more time with the software tonight.

I have sent an email to PAC asking about Mac software.

sandor.g

First Name
Sandor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Gladiator Hard Rock rims, MOPAR 2" lift
Occupation
Project Manager
Ok, This weekend I have completed 95% of the audio upgrade (Amazon missed the mark on my soundbar speakers). With the Dahboard apart, I ordered PE4 paint, primer, sealant, sand paper and completed the color upgrade to the Dashboard. A HUGE shout out to Michael (@Sting_NC_USA ) for being there when I needed someone. Without out your help, I would have been screwed! Let me also say, that IF I knew that I was going to have to take the entire dash apart (Micheal has informed me that he performs these installs and does not go as far as I did) I would have NEVER done it - AND that would have been a shame. It is A LOT scarier than it really is!. So, learned lessons:
Have someone to help when U get stuck.
I used blue tape to remind me which hole gets screws.
Take your time.

As it stand now, she looks great and the sound is AMAZING!

Oh, and even with all the precautions, I have two EXTRA screws!!!!

Here to help....

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3655.jpg
I ended up with exactly two extra screws too. And I fixed the pods on the sides as well. No idea, well, I guess I'll just save them :D

Sponsored

sandor.g

First Name
Sandor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Gladiator Hard Rock rims, MOPAR 2" lift
Occupation
Project Manager
HOLY COW .... I just got off the phone with Crutchfield. I explained what happened to my speaker, (punched a hole through the rubber gasket during install) and they are sending me a replacement for free!!
As long as I send the damaged one within 14 days, there will be no charge at all.
What an amazing company. I thought for sure I would be eating a chunk of money to purchase a new set.
Dang, Crutchfield really does have exceptional customer service.

OP
OP
Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It is not the TuN software itself. I can only use it on "demo mode" but it looks like there are a lot more options on tuning with DSP built into the amp vs what is on the Fix86. Specifically I don't think the Fix86 has adjustable time alignment (could have overlooked it) or a parametric EQ. I will spend more time with the software tonight.

I have sent an email to PAC asking about Mac software.
I gotcha, yes the Fix86 only has the sound conditioning and basic EQ for each channel. The JL TWK has all that you're describing, and so do all of the VXi amps.

When you connect TUN 3.0 to a VXi amp, all of those features are enabled.

PAC, only has a single EQ for all channels.

Sorry for the confusion!

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Thanks Sting_NC_USA. I'm still trying to figure out the pros/cons of going with the Fix86 vs PAC.

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Dang, Crutchfield really does have exceptional customer service.
No kidding, they are sending me a new set. I send them back an equal set. They are covering shipping as well.
Customer for life.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
@Sting_NC_USA so I got the dash ripped apart and installed the Metra pods. All went well except 4 of the metal clips that click into the upper part of the dash remained in the slot vs coming out with the dash piece.

Can these be put back on a certain way or do I need to go get new clips? I tried to figure out how to get them back on but not sure. They are a pain in the butt.

Sponsored

Biconia

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
@Sting_NC_USA so I got the dash ripped apart and installed the Metra pods. All went well except 4 of the metal clips that click into the upper part of the dash remained in the slot vs coming out with the dash piece.

Can these be put back on a certain way or do I need to go get new clips? I tried to figure out how to get them back on but not sure. They are a pain in the butt.
yes you can reuse them

lotaguts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I am curious if anyone with the 8.4/alpine system with sub has added another AMP/SUB just for some extra punch and how the factory speakers hold up sound wise. Is it simply a waste since the additional subs wil drown everything out. I was looking at the JL enclosure with the two 12's. Any feedback is appreciated.

Biconia

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious if anyone with the 8.4/alpine system with sub has added another AMP/SUB just for some extra punch and how the factory speakers hold up sound wise. Is it simply a waste since the additional subs wil drown everything out. I was looking at the JL enclosure with the two 12's. Any feedback is appreciated.
yes you can add extra amp for speaker and add another Sub on Alpine system
PAC is the awnser or FIX86 , on first page there is detailed information :)
Sponsored