Not open for further replies.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think it looks pretty good for a crossover. A little more rugged-looking than a CR-V or whatever.

Same. I wonder if they are actually going to use the Bronco name on it at all? I think that would be a mistake.
Rumor is the crossover will be called the Bronco Sport.

I was thinking it looks like an Escape.
It pretty much is an Escape.
Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I think they both look pretty awesome. Not going to get one as I'm too invested in my jeep, but FCA should be sweating (if they haven't been already). Ford looks poised to really go for the throat with this one. Lots of cool idea to do things wranglers do but better or easier to stow (roof/doors). And I wouldn't be surprised if the lower trim (especially on the baby Bronco) clocks in a bit under a 2-door sport.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Same. I wonder if they are actually going to use the Bronco name on it at all? I think that would be a mistake.
They weren't concerned on using "Mustang" on their new Electric car. The only problem I really have with that is they chose to use the Mustang name, and nothing anything else. Might be saving Thunderbird for a new premium electric car.

But they definitely don't care much about heritage if people recognize the name.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Those are fake hinges and fake wiper on the rear window. The rear glass actually rolls down into the fold down tail gate

Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So it has stadium seating? The rear is raised up. They are trying to hide it with the rails (like the Commander) instead of owning up to it like the Xterra
I hadn't caught that. It's actually begging for a vinyl wrap, won't take much to make it look exactly like the 1st gen Explorer from Jurrasic Park

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Check out the top. It looks like it's 2 side panels and 1 back panel and the top will be either one big panel or they can divide it into another 2/3 pieces.

I've been very interested in how they do this. Wrangler hard-top feels to me like some MIT kids could come up with a better design. Make it a home work project to design a hard top you could remove in 10 minutes as a one man job. I cant believe this is not possible, This is such a important topic it deserves its own thread.

Bronco_Sport_Interior_011.jpg

Maybe the top panel(s) slides into two side tracks.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Check out the top. It looks like it's 2 side panels and 1 back panel and the top will be either one big panel or they can divide it into another 2/3 pieces.

I've been very interested in how they do this. Wrangler hard-top feels to me like some MIT kids could come up with a better design. Make it a home work project to design a hard top you could remove in 10 minutes as a one man job. I cant believe this is not possible, This is such a important topic it deserves its own thread.

Bronco_Sport_Interior_011.jpg

Maybe the top panel(s) slides into two side tracks.
I do not believe this is the model with the removable top. The top in the picture does not look removable.

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
I do not believe this is the model with the removable top. The top in the picture does not look removable.
Don't I feel like a jackass, I thought they were all removable. Thank you for not laughing. I looked at all the pictures, especially the one showing the front windshield. /smh

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
It's going to be super interesting seeing what ford does, and if the 2.7 ecoboost is gonna be the standard engine in all full size broncos or use the 4cyl the have in the ranger and leave the v6 for the raptor. Either way it's going to be interesting to see how it stacks up to our jeeps.

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
Since everyone is home anyway. I think they should have taken a creative approach and do a phase unveiling of the new Bronco on their Instagram/and Youtube channel. Similar to what Sony is doing with the PS5. It keeps the conversation going until the big reveal happens.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Since everyone is home anyway. I think they should have taken a creative approach and do a phase unveiling of the new Bronco on their Instagram/and Youtube channel. Similar to what Sony is doing with the PS5. It keeps the conversation going until the big reveal happens.
Seriously. I'll take teasers, talking heads. Whatever.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.