Sponsored

So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Now that is a sharp setup. I'm an old Soldier who likes everything minimal, but I'm starting to understand the draw of a small trailer.
We use the trailer as a base camp. Haul it out into the middle of no where, drop it, set up camp and then wheel all day before coming back to camp. The camper pulls nice off road. We camp in all weather, the pic in the snow, it was 2 degrees out when my wife and I got up in the morning. I have already towed this camper from Michigan, to Moab Utah and back and many trips up north in Michigan. We love it. I have two other buds that have bought small campers and they join me and my wife regularly while Jeep camping.

Jeep Wrangler JL So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!! {filename}
Sponsored

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Campings our thing.

Jeep Wrangler JL So!!! Getting ready to go rough camping? Show your gear!! {filename}

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Thanks. I built the trailer. It’s the 4th one I’ve built over the last year. Trailer itself is only 600 lbs which is easy towing for Wranglers.
you build each from scratch or is there a basic utility trailer that you start with for each?

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I looked at that camper. I worried about rocks getting kicked up from my tires through the windows up front.
The windows actually have protective shields over them. And the lower aluminum has stainless steel rock guards. But because of the angle, it would be tough to hit the glass from a rock from your tire. More likely to come from oncoming or someone you’re following.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The windows actually have protective shields over them. And the lower aluminum has stainless steel rock guards. But because of the angle, it would be tough to hit the glass from a rock from your tire. More likely to come from oncoming or someone you’re following.
I have -3.5 backspacing on my wheels. My tires stick 4 1/2 out of the fenders. On my current camper, it throws mud and crap all the whay up on to the top of the camper.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have -3.5 backspacing on my wheels. My tires stick 4 1/2 out of the fenders. On my current camper, it throws mud and crap all the whay up on to the top of the camper.
Oh dang. I didn't think about sticking out the side. I was thinking from underneath and trying to figure out how'd you get rocks up there. haha.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Oh dang. I didn't think about sticking out the side. I was thinking from underneath and trying to figure out how'd you get rocks up there. haha.
Yep, nothing like an offset and narrow fenders. I got my education from a rock that entered through the passenger window, ricocheted around and hit me in the mouth.
Sponsored