First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Police Officer, Firefighter, EMT, ARFF
Installed the Dynomax muffler delete. Install was easy and only took around 30 min. Initial impressions...100% satisfied with the tone. This is the way it should sound from the factory. It’s a deep tone but doesn’t overwhelm the senses. I loved the borla climber exhaust but from where it dumped just past the axel, it was causing vibration noises inside the cab...extremely annoying. At $100 this is by far the best exhaust mod. Tone is great, clearance gains are great, weight savings are great. I’m going to drive it for a week or so and will respond with final thoughts but extremely satisfied at the moment.

E3407CE9-ECF1-4D26-A359-50A280DD97FA.jpeg
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Installed the Dynomax muffler delete. Install was easy and only took around 30 min. Initial impressions...100% satisfied with the tone. This is the way it should sound from the factory. It’s a deep tone but doesn’t overwhelm the senses. I loved the borla climber exhaust but from where it dumped just past the axel, it was causing vibration noises inside the cab...extremely annoying. At $100 this is by far the best exhaust mod. Tone is great, clearance gains are great, weight savings are great. I’m going to drive it for a week or so and will respond with final thoughts but extremely satisfied at the moment.
Echo my thoughts, just be sure to check that area where the Dynomax pipe slips up onto the stock pipe, there's an alignment bolt on the stock pipe that doesn't allow the Dynomax to fully seat onto the stock pipe. I (and others) ground a notch in the Dynomax pipe so it slips over that bolt and is fully seated, otherwise you'll get an exhaust leak there and a bit of a tinny, leak sound in that area.

Here's a posting of that notch/bolt I'm talking about~
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ler-elimination-pipe.19422/page-9#post-714169

OP
OP
DFlannery2A

DFlannery2A

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Nice!! I appreciate the heads up. I’ll be sure to take care of that.

makumozosd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0T
In case anyone is wondering this fits the 2.0t engine as well. Dynomax initially didnt list the 2.0t engine as compatible but we confirmed it fits.

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
I installed it on my 2.0t and have been pleased. I didnt notch the pipe out and dont have an exhaust leak as of now. Seemed like it fit deep enough not to leak

Sponsored

makumozosd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0T
I installed it on my 2.0t and have been pleased. I didnt notch the pipe out and dont have an exhaust leak as of now. Seemed like it fit deep enough not to leak
My only gripe on the delete with the 2.0t is the cold start sounds like crap now - almost agricultural. Aside from that I'm pretty pleased with the results.

OP
OP
DFlannery2A

DFlannery2A

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Occupation
I had a small leak after initial install. I tightened it as tight as I could. Still had a tiny leak. I went ahead and notched it. I haven’t driven it yet but I’ll share the results when I do.

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
My only gripe on the delete with the 2.0t is the cold start sounds like crap now - almost agricultural. Aside from that I'm pretty pleased with the results.
I have the 2.0t and i was planning on buying one but i removed my muffler to paint it and started it up to see how it would sound and that cold start was a no go for me. Muffler back on now.

makumozosd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0T
I have the 2.0t and i was planning on buying one but i removed my muffler to paint it and started it up to see how it would sound and that cold start was a no go for me. Muffler back on now.
LOL...my point exactly

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
LoL. Cold start is a bid odd. As for exhaust leak. I'm not sure I would hear one that close to tip

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
How’s the highway drone? Any complaints? I come from daily driving Duramaxs so drone and loud exhausts are not new to me. Then again a 5” straight piped Cummins with a huge tip is just annoying to daily drive.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Hiway speeds are fine, you have to REALLY listen for it to even know something was done. However when you stomp on it you hear it plenty, but for ME it's in a good way.

For a hundred bucks it really doesnt hurt to try and if you dont like it put the HUGE muffler back on. It's probably the easiest mod you can do to a jeep.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Hiway speeds are fine, you have to REALLY listen for it to even know something was done. However when you stomp on it you hear it plenty, but for ME it's in a good way.

For a hundred bucks it really doesnt hurt to try and if you dont like it put the HUGE muffler back on. It's probably the easiest mod you can do to a jeep.
My friend said his dynamax drones some around 3k rpm. Does yours?
Sponsored