First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Can anybody direct me to or tell me the difference between the 2? I know one has manual windows vs power. Any other differences?
Sponsored

Neos281

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Tech
From what I can tell, it just appears that the “Willys” has more available options and includes A/C. The Willys Sport for example, can’t be optioned with the 7” Uconnect and the pricing doesn’t include A/C. The Willys Sport bumper is also missing the plastic “Euro” covers that come standard on the Sport/Sport-S models.

Honestly, this is the first time I’ve seen two different versions of the Willys Wrangler. Was this a recent update to the Jeep Builder page?

OP
OP
starrs

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
From what I can tell, it just appears that the “Willys” has more available options and includes A/C. The Willys Sport for example, can’t be optioned with the 7” Uconnect and the pricing doesn’t include A/C. The Willys Sport bumper is also missing the plastic “Euro” covers that come standard on the Sport/Sport-S models.

Honestly, this is the first time I’ve seen two different versions of the Willys Wrangler. Was this a recent update to the Jeep Builder page?
I don’t think so but I’m not 100% sure. I’m liking the sport S I think now too. Adding the LEDs to it and premium soft top gives you a good base to work with.

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Yeah the Willy's Sport is a very stripped Wrangler. I feel like that is a good Jeep for someone to buy that is going to replace everything with aftermarket, 3rd party stuff anyway and just needs a solid foundation to build on. Most of us would want the Willys.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The Willys Sport bumper is also missing the plastic “Euro” covers that come standard on the Sport/Sport-S models.
I don't want to throw off this thread, but I wonder if the Willys Sport has some type of filler panel where the "Euro" covers would be. Many of us have removed the "Euro" covers and either trimmed them so they just cover the fog lights or left them off. The covers for a Sahara do not fit. Perhaps @PaulwithJeep can check one if in inventory?

Sponsored

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys “Edition” TBD Mar 2021
I don't want to throw off this thread, but I wonder if the Willys Sport has some type of filler panel where the "Euro" covers would be. Many of us have removed the "Euro" covers and either trimmed them so they just cover the fog lights or left them off. The covers for a Sahara do not fit. Perhaps @PaulwithJeep can check one if in inventory?
I wonder if this is it. https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-closure-panel-6qz88rxfab

Even the pic at Quadratec looks to me as if the Euro portion is affixed to this: https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/front-bumper-closeout-panel-jl-plastic-bumper

Worth some calls maybe.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I wonder if this is it. https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-closure-panel-6qz88rxfab

Even the pic at Quadratec looks to me as if the Euro portion is affixed to this: https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/front-bumper-closeout-panel-jl-plastic-bumper

Worth some calls maybe.
Thanks, but no. Those are the actual entire "Euro" bumper additions. They are one piece, with one part number for the left and one for the right. When those are removed, the fog lights are exposed. Hence my reason for asking if the Willys Sport has anything where these are supposed to go.

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks to me like the Willys is a base Sport model with rock rails, bigger mud tires, alum Wheels, Black Grill and LED lights.

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys “Edition” TBD Mar 2021
What's really weird, to me, is by pictures only and not by personal viewing is that the Sport Willys seems to have an entirely different front bumper, and no Euro fillers, than any other Sport or Sport S, or derivatives. The Sport, Sport S and other derivatives seem to all have the Euro filler and similar bumpers.

EXCEPT, the Willys (Edition) which has the Euro filler.

The Sport Willys front bumper - from the jeep.com build site pics - looks more like the Sahara, Rubicon, Sahara Altitude, and North Edition front bumpers.

Under lockdown here in SE Florida, so can't go look in person.

Pete

dd31

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport S
the willy sport has a different bumper than the sport

Sponsored

dd31

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport S
Looks to me like the Willys is a base Sport model with rock rails, bigger mud tires, alum Wheels, Black Grill and LED lights.
and it gets the bigger rear axle 220mm with "antispin"

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
I'm going to take a stab, but will probably regret it. I made similar comments on the Willy's Sport page and people thought I was a troll for my efforts. LOL.

If you purchase the Willy's Sport..........plan on keeping it for many, many, many years. Why??? 99% of Americans are NOT going to want a vehicle that does not event have AC, or power windows. You are reverting to pre-1980's vehicle features.

The Willy's is awesome!!! I own one myself. That being said, I would never purchase the "Willy's Sport". I think it is a shame Jeep is even offering this option and still charging the $$$ they do. Total rip off. Just my 2 cents.

As much as you LOVE your new vehicle, there will come a time when you want to sell/trade in. You will regret your purchase when this time comes.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Can anybody direct me to or tell me the difference between the 2? I know one has manual windows vs power. Any other differences?
just look over the latest order guide you can compare the standard equipment lists.

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
I'm going to take a stab, but will probably regret it. I made similar comments on the Willy's Sport page and people thought I was a troll for my efforts. LOL.

If you purchase the Willy's Sport..........plan on keeping it for many, many, many years. Why??? 99% of Americans are NOT going to want a vehicle that does not event have AC, or power windows. You are reverting to pre-1980's vehicle features.

The Willy's is awesome!!! I own one myself. That being said, I would never purchase the "Willy's Sport". I think it is a shame Jeep is even offering this option and still charging the $$$ they do. Total rip off. Just my 2 cents.

As much as you LOVE your new vehicle, there will come a time when you want to sell/trade in. You will regret your purchase when this time comes.
Good point about resale. But for people who live in northern states, I think WIlly's Sport could be attractive.
Sponsored