Jeep invites you to the first ever Jeep Brand digital livestream roundtable

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Sorry I forgot some stuff in my post with questions.
As others have stated I wholeheartedly support the request for factory half doors with removable soft windows.
And I would really like a hard copy factory service manual.
Sponsored

JeepColorado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I'd pay $15K on top of a spec'd out Rubicon if it had a hemi from the factory or something like what's in the Ford Raptor- a twin-turbo v6. I love Jeep Wranglers, but I've never driven one that didn't feel underpowered; in particular once you modify it and pack it for a weekend of camping. Jeep sister companies are doing special-edition hellcats in trucks and cars- we don't have to go that far, but why can't we get an enjoyably-powered gas Wrangler instead of ones that are merely adequate?

IMG-1145.JPG

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
There was a change for 2020 with steering. People are reporting improvements.
I own a 2020 and my steering is essentially perfect. That sai, I am unaware of any “change for 2020”..... this isn’t the thread to discuss this (trying to keep my banter to only have questions here) but, could you link me to somewhere that describes the “change”?

Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD 06 Corvette. 16 FLTRU
Occupation
Lighthouse Keeper, Retired Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of interesting questions, many of which could be answered directly. I will be logging on to hear the answers.

Sponsored

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
1. What are the chances of a Production J6 or even a Rubicon 2 Door JT? I'm in!
2. Factory Option Hood and Gas Tank Lock?
3. Any future options for the 3 piece hard top? ex: Removable side windows/rear window?
4. Hemi Option in JT or JL?
Plus 3, for the J6, both of my adult kids as well as myself will buy one each when they are released to the market for sale.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
That doesn't help me does it? I know what your post meant but I was being completely selfish and I just want mine to be a little better than it is.
It might if it trickles down to a recall or service bulletin.

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
Mark, would you like a reference to hacks published here on the board to effect that--arguably not as one would expect from the factory as no safety down window feature is provided with the hack to prevent fingers from getting caught?
No thanks, more interested in a factory option, not sure why the German cars can make it work, but not the Italians...

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I own a 2020 and my steering is essentially perfect. That sai, I am unaware of any “change for 2020”..... this isn’t the thread to discuss this (trying to keep my banter to only have questions here) but, could you link me to somewhere that describes the “change”?
A automobile magazine writer had a 2020 for a extended review and he noticed the steering difference right away. He actually sent a email to JEEP and a FCA engineer confirmed and replied back with the changes. He quoted the engineer and I copied that link to the article somewhere? I need to look it up.

I also sent the link to a forum member.

I will get back to you when I dig it back up.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what was quoted…

"I fired off a quick email to Jeep's PR reps to see if there was something mechanically different between our 2019 Wrangler's steering and this newer 2020 one"

"Jeep's reps helpfully confirmed that Wrangler engineers had made both steering gear valve tuning and pump calibration changes that would result in lighter, lower-effort steering. "

This is the article…

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/jee...-unlimited-rubicon-review-long-term-update-5/

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
A automobile magazine writer had a 2020 for a extended review and he noticed the steering difference right away. He actually sent a email to JEEP and a FCA engineer confirmed and replied back with the changes. He quoted the engineer and I copied that link to the article somewhere? I need to look it up.

I also sent the link to a forum member.

I will get back to you when I dig it back up.

Here....

“Jeep's reps helpfully confirmed that Wrangler engineers had made both steering gear valve tuning and pump calibration changes that would result in lighter, lower-effort steering.“

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/jee...-unlimited-rubicon-review-long-term-update-5/

Buckleyjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ, 99 TJ, 2003 TJ, 2018 JLUR
Jeep owners love to modify their Jeeps. And there is a strong secondary market for parts. However, I wish Jeep embraced the modular nature of the vehicle from a configuration and design standpoint. More than just colors and stickers. For example, the center console should be plug and play based on different use cases. Then, aftermarket could augment even further. Seating options too, as well as the cargo space. Half doors are a great example. I’d love half doors on the second row of my JLUR so it looks like a two door Scrambler. The bed could be wide open with a factory finished look, with maybe a two person jump seat option. Jeep does this for the Easter Safari concepts. Design the Jeep so these concepts can be made or ordered.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
This is what was quoted…

"I fired off a quick email to Jeep's PR reps to see if there was something mechanically different between our 2019 Wrangler's steering and this newer 2020 one"

"Jeep's reps helpfully confirmed that Wrangler engineers had made both steering gear valve tuning and pump calibration changes that would result in lighter, lower-effort steering. "

This is the article…

WTF? I know that is isn’t the thread for this per se.

so, I am going to make it a question for Jeep.....

Jeep, since you apparently made changes to the 2020 model year to make the steering better and those changes appear to be “software related,” do you plan on implementing the same fix for 2018s and 2019s?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTF? I know that is isn’t the thread for this per se.

so, I am going to make it a question for Jeep.....

Jeep, since you apparently made changes to the 2020 model year to make the steering better and those changes appear to be “software related,” do you plan on implementing the same fix for 2018s and 2019s?
The funny thing is some 2020 owners are reporting heavier steering not lighter like Jeep said?

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepBrandOfficial
1. Why was the Diesel Wrangler built with such low payload.. 800lbs? It has less payload capacity than the gas version.
2. The whole point of a diesel engine is it’s torque. But, nothing was done to the frame and suspension to increase the towing capacity.
3. When will you release the half doors for JL?
4. Will the front camera be an accessory we can purchase for the JL? If so, when?
Sponsored