jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
How many miles on her now? You keep a list of what was replaced from wear and tear in the trails?
20k+ do i keep a list? Naw that would be depressing lol but lets see if i can remember a few. Broken rear axle shaft, broken T-case, cut sidewalls, ripped off tire lugs, body rub under the door, crushed exhaust at the crossover, lost rear license plate, broken sway bar link, twisted front axleshaft. Well those are just a few off the top of my head.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
20k+ do i keep a list? Naw that would be depressing lol but lets see if i can remember a few. Broken rear axle shaft, broken T-case, cut sidewalls, ripped off tire lugs, body rub under the door, crushed exhaust at the crossover, lost rear license plate, broken sway bar link, twisted front axleshaft. Well those are just a few off the top of my head.
Always good to hear when someone is truly enjoying their Wrangler to the max!

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Always good to hear when someone is truly enjoying their Wrangler to the max!
She is due for new ball joints soon and that poor rear bumper lol, it has seen better days. How bout yours? Any carnage?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
She is due for new ball joints soon and that poor rear bumper lol, it has seen better days. How bout yours? Any carnage?
No, it's still a shinny City Mouse now. Nothing off road at all. Not even a curb at the mall or a speed bump lately. There were plans for some road trips and adventure this spring/summer but this Covid19 thing put everything on hold. We are under 24 hour shelter in home orders in Chicago now. The only time I drive it now is about once a week on a 50-60 mile highway loop to shop for essentials, fill up with gas and charge the battery.

It was kind of a adventure a few days ago. A urban adventure. Got a cell phone alerts once I entered City limits on the expressway reminding me to stay home and that Chicago Police were going to be enforcing the shelter in home order. Was around 10pm. At about 10:30 Chicago Police stopped me to ask why I was out? Told them the truth. They were cool about it and gave me a heads up. They said City was going to start fining violators. Made me wonder how much our cell phones are really telling about us? Probably a coincedience but I had a foil hat moment. lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20K miles from you is probably 100K for many. FCA should consider guys like you for product development or bata testing components. lol.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
20K miles from you is probably 100K for many. FCA should consider guys like you for product development or bata testing components. lol.
More from the high speed wash board roads than from crawling for the maintenance stuff. I broke everything i broke crawling tho lol

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
No, it's still a shinny City Mouse now. Nothing off road at all. Not even a curb at the mall or a speed bump lately. There were plans for some road trips and adventure this spring/summer but this Covid19 thing put everything on hold. We are under 24 hour shelter in home orders in Chicago now. The only time I drive it now is about once a week on a 50-60 mile highway loop to shop for essentials, fill up with gas and charge the battery.

It was kind of a adventure a few days ago. A urban adventure. Got a cell phone alerts once I entered City limits on the expressway reminding me to stay home and that Chicago Police were going to be enforcing the shelter in home order. Was around 10pm. At about 10:30 Chicago Police stopped me to ask why I was out? Told them the truth. They were cool about it and gave me a heads up. They said City was going to start fining violators. Made me wonder how much our cell phones are really telling about us? Probably a coincedience but I had a foil hat moment. lol.
We have been staying put and both my truck and jeep batteries are suffering. Truck barely started to go grocery shopping lol

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
We have been staying put and both my truck and jeep batteries are suffering. Truck barely started to go grocery shopping lol
Trickle charger! Luckily I've gotten to drive a bit, but the charger really is the way to go with a JL. I left her sitting for a week and a half and it was not the usual fire right up start. :whew:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trickle charger! Luckily I've gotten to drive a bit, but the charger really is the way to go with a JL. I left her sitting for a week and a half and it was not the usual fire right up start. :whew:
Running down batteries is bad even if it starts. The cells can be damaged. Trickle chargers work but try finding a battery charger-maintainer to recondition the battery cells. There are a few that are about $30-$40 now. I even saw one at Costco that was branded by Duracell for $45-$50. They also have a Battery Tender model for $40.

https://www.costco.com/duracell-4-amp-battery-charger-and-maintainer.product.100479359.html

https://www.costco.com/Battery-Tender-Power-Plus-3-Amp-Charger.product.100241973.html

Last edited:

gabeguy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Rubi (SOLD) , 2007 FJ Cruiser, 1954 Willys
I am waiting for a review of a console safe or under the seat safe also.

Do you have a hitch? Not the most convient but a simple solution if you have a hitch. Great if you go swimming at the beach, hiking, fishing, boating. Any place you don't want to risk getting valuables and FOB wet, lost, or damaged. Just place the FOB in a Faraday bag to block the FOB transmuter signal to keep it from activating the Proximity Locks if anyone has them. Less then $50.

71TIF2s1QuL._AC_SL1088_.jpg

91J8QsQ-bcS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Be careful of those Hitch-Safes, while they work great if used often, they will corrode shut if left to their own after a while.

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
My only concern would be corrosion due to outside. If you don’t leave it installed year round and graphite the lock mechanism you may be fine. I know me and my luck though hahaha
The lock mechanism is fine as long as the cover is on it. I had mine on the vehicle for 3 years, the only issue as I mentioned was with the pins that hold it in the hitch tube.

TGGG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
What about Tuffy console safe? I think someone put one (or something similar) in the Jeep. It was quite a while back; he said installation was a pain. Anyone has one? Any opinions? Weather is warming up, and as usual I say I’ll never put the doors back again. (Until it gets to 40 or below in fall...).
My one pleasure is driving her back and forth to the hospital every day. This COVID has everyone whupped :( might as well install something.

I used https://www.lockerdown.com/i-118-ex...70ex-includes-the-rubicon.html?ref=category:3
More expensive but a solid quality piece. Easy install. Search for discount code.
Sponsored