First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon / 1971 CJ-6
Occupation
retired Steamfitter
I did the same as Roky with my lockers now I can use them in 2 high 4 high and 4 low and it does not matter

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
This reminds of a friend in high school, who mounted spotlights in his rear window, on a switch (for tailgaters). It didn't go over very well when a state trooper (NJ) came up behind him.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Remember you have to use AUX #1 and AUX #2 for the phasers and photon torpedoes due to the power levels. Sorry couldn't resist. :giggle:
What about the flux capacitor... AUX 3 or 4?

Sponsored

HappyJeeper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '09 Tundra 5.7 4x4, '21 Prius
Occupation
Soils engineering/geology
Since I drive a Jeep, I tend to be light on the right foot and as a result, I am a bit slower than some others.
Around these parts, drivers can be rather aggressive and are quick to tail-gate.
This got me thinking. I need a James Bond style oil slick. This of course would be a illegal, but what about something else, like cola?

I have since ordered a generic window washer retrofit kit. I plan to run the hose out the back, near the rear camera and attach a spray nozzle on it. I will then fire cola or other annoying, but non-damaging liquid at the cars who love to get right on the rear bumper.

The other idea / plan I had was to dedicate one switch to powering a RCA splitter. These normally always run to port A until a voltage is applied and then take input B. This would be an easy / cheap way to get front camera AND still have it in HD.

Anyone else have "strange" or interesting uses for their AUX buttons?
Hook it up to a plastic bottle you could PEE into! Lol

Mainsail

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Cherokee Limited, 2002 Liberty Limited, 1986 M1009
Vehicle Showcase
This took me down memory lane...

Way back in the early 80s when I lived in the barracks at Travis AFB, we used to go to the U-Pull-It outside the main gate for parts and sometimes just to walk the yard. They charged you $1 just to get in, so we always made sure we took out $2 worth before leaving. I still have a digital dash clock that came out of something.

Anyway, we grabbed a windshield washer spray pump and a nozzle off something, and I mounted it under the hood of my Mustang II. The nozzle would spray water out the grill and onto the car in front of me at the stoplight. Was unbelievably funny at the time....

Soulpatch

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon unlimited
Ive thought about wiring up a small "hi-beam on" icon to show in my rear window when those people come up blasting their high beams. And if they do not turn it off then the LED pods on the rear could be fired off quickly to return the favor.....

Sponsored

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
This took me down memory lane...

Way back in the early 80s when I lived in the barracks at Travis AFB, we used to go to the U-Pull-It outside the main gate for parts and sometimes just to walk the yard. They charged you $1 just to get in, so we always made sure we took out $2 worth before leaving. I still have a digital dash clock that came out of something.

Anyway, we grabbed a windshield washer spray pump and a nozzle off something, and I mounted it under the hood of my Mustang II. The nozzle would spray water out the grill and onto the car in front of me at the stoplight. Was unbelievably funny at the time....
That's funny! That pick and pull is still there. Saw it last month on the way to the base.

Grantee

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR WHITE, 2016 KL WHITE LTD, 2014 YAMAHA SX190
I always thought it’d be funny to get a digital display to light up messages to the tailgater. Oh the fun you could have with that!

jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I like your rear sprayer idea, but I’d use it differently. I’d use it on the trail where I make it up a tough obstacle, and then I use the rear sprayer to spray something slippery on the obstacle to make it tougher on my buddies
:CWL:

Mainsail

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Cherokee Limited, 2002 Liberty Limited, 1986 M1009
Vehicle Showcase
I suppose if you have some truck-nutz under your jeep, you could use one of the switches to spray (mark) the obstacle as you go by.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
What about the flux capacitor... AUX 3 or 4?
Good luck getting the Jeep to 88 MPH!

@pablo_max3045 If you go with the cola idea, make sure it's diet. The sugar in regular cola will clog up your lines and nozzle. :giggle:
Sponsored