Cooltech flat tow install -fast blinker

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
@CoolTech I am installing on my 2020 JLUR with factory LED.

I have identified all 4 wires, and made my first cut on the green. The rear signal stopped working with the cut, so I proceeded with the connection.

The longer green is connected to the front portion of the cut wire and the folded piece is connected to the shorter.

The switch is in jeep mode.

I tested the right turn again, and the lights all work, but the dash flasher is much faster now. The left turn is normal pace, as I have not cut that wire.

I do not want to cut the remaining wires until I know this kit works with factory led.

Can you please confirm this should work with LED and if so, what if anything, I should do in regards to fast blink.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Redbaron73

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Odd thing, I went to take a video of the speed and it is now normal.

I am assuming the speed increase was due to my testing it with the wire missing and it took some time to recognize the light was back in place.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
I just finished the Cooltech install, everything works fine. It may simply have been the "computer" took a minute to recognize to restored connection. The installation video I watched mentioned it might.

PyrateCex

First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited JLU
Occupation
Engineer
I did my install over a year ago and had no issues. Well, other than someone flipped the switch one time. I also have the LED tail lights.

BobP55

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I just installed the Cool Tech harness in my 2020 JLU Sahara, hooked up to coach and light all work except only one side parking light. Amy thoughts?

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
I did my install over a year ago and had no issues. Well, other than someone flipped the switch one time. I also have the LED tail lights.
I used a safety cover to stop accidental position change. When the cover is up it can be placed in RV mode & simply flipping the cover closed flips switch to Jeep mode. Yes I know the labels aren't parallel, don't care it's functional.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cooltech flat tow install -fast blinker IMG_20200823_142501
Jeep Wrangler JL Cooltech flat tow install -fast blinker IMG_20200823_142455
Sponsored