Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Can't you leave it on with the soft top? That's what I will do when I get my sunshade.

Nice color JLUR! Just picked mine up in same color this past Saturday!
Yes you can but with the soft top I can easily ride in safari mode or just flip it back for the open air, so gonna go without for the summer.

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
The primary reason for the shade is to not get your ass burned. Seriously.

jamief

First Name
jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited sport s
The spiderwebshade 2 piece only works if you dont have the dual tops. Otherwise you have to reconfigure it depending which top you have on.

Mamacast

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Ya I'm in the same boat. I love the JTOPUSA because its just a far superior product. But most of the time honestly I just have the freedom panels removed so I'm going to have to get at least the front Alien shade.
I know this is late to the game but just talked with Mike at JTOPUSA and they make the front piece for the freedom panels, they just don't make an individual rear panel. I am with you, I don't see myself taking anything more off so the Bikini top will be a great option, https://www.jtopsusa.com/wrangler-jl-sun-shade?lightbox=dataItem-jnxfp5tn

Sponsored

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Has anyone notice any heat reduction in the cab ? I heard someone on here say they notice a difference in how hot it was inside during the summer.

X1inSC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLUR
@AlienSunshade
Are you still open? I noticed the website says "Opening Soon" and PMs aren't allowed. Thanks.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
@AlienSunshade
Are you still open? I noticed the website says "Opening Soon" and PMs aren't allowed. Thanks.
I'm in the market for a sunshade and I've been trying to purchase an alien sunshade for a few months, but their website just says "opening soon." I'm guessing they're out of business because all their products are out of stock on Amazon, we are unable to send them a pm here, they haven't updated their youtube or social media accounts since January 1, 2020, and there are people all over the internet who have been unsuccessfully trying find their products like me for the last few months. So... I give up. I'm about to pull the trigger on a spiderwebshade.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the market for a sunshade and I've been trying to purchase an alien sunshade for a few months, but their website just says "opening soon." I'm guessing they're out of business because all their products are out of stock on Amazon, we are unable to send them a pm here, they haven't updated their youtube or social media accounts since January 1, 2020, and there are people all over the internet who have been unsuccessfully trying find their products like me for the last few months. So... I give up. I'm about to pull the trigger on a spiderwebshade.
I had noticed the same and I think they've just bailed. A search shows it's a husband & wife company. I own one of their sunshades but there are plenty of other options on the market.

Shack

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a custom Spiderweb shade and only have good things to say about the shade and ordering experience/service. We went back and forth with the design and got it just right. I've had it on the jeep for about 9 months now and have had no issues with it. Love the fact that it doesn't have to come off to put the soft top back on, I don't have a hard top so can't comment on that. The one thing that was slightly painful was install, but in hindsight it probably wouldn't be as good long term if it was easier to install.

IMG_20190629_120258.jpg

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sharky

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
I had noticed the same and I think they've just bailed. A search shows it's a husband & wife company. I own one of their sunshades but there are plenty of other options on the market.
I noticed the same. When looking I saw a new company called Shadeidea. They look exactly the same as the Alien Sunshade. Has anyone heard anything or tried Shadeidea?

Ammo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I bought an Alien Sunshade last year, it was okay but not great. Thinking of trying a JTOPUSA this summer.

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I was looking at the alien shade also but they look like theyre down. Any other companies make a red color option that is separate front and back?

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
I have a spidershade and think it’s fantastic, I wish I would of gotten it for my old Jeeps instead of the bikini top. I get light air and not beating down sun. Major plus is I put my soft top up and don’t have to worry about the shade. Plus it mounts really clean looking with the nubs.
Sponsored