Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m reading “Rear Quarter Windows” as the 2 side windows, not the back window.
Right. It's the side windows. Mine all have the updated green tabs (both side and rear). I just showed windows for simplicity because I wasn't taking off the windows.
Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Right. It's the side windows. Mine all have the updated green tabs (both side and rear). I just showed windows for simplicity because I wasn't taking off the windows.
Can you please take a pic of the green tabs on the side windows? I already used pics of the rear window green tabs to have my local dealership order me a replacement under warranty. Also, does anyone have the part numbers for the updated side windows? I know the new rear window has a different part number than the old one.

OP
OP
Bryce

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Can you please take a pic of the green tabs on the side windows? I already used pics of the rear window green tabs to have my local dealership order me a replacement under warranty. Also, does anyone have the part numbers for the updated side windows? I know the new rear window has a different part number than the old one.
Sorry, I dont have P/Ns but heres a pic of my drivers side quarter window. Same material for the tabs on both sides and the rear.

20200416_130515.jpg

20200416_130800.jpg

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Why would they replace it under warranty?

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I'm not the only hardtop owner to get the recall notice also am I?

Is FCA just putting all jeeps under recall for the quarter windows to cover their asses for people who swap for a softtop?

OP
OP
Bryce

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not the only hardtop owner to get the recall notice also am I?

Is FCA just putting all jeeps under recall for the quarter windows to cover their asses for people who swap for a softtop?
I think that's the plan.

Attaboy55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep wrangler jl 2 door firecracker red
Just saw this in the Jeep App on my phone.
March 31, 2020
Recall V88
Rear Quarter Windows

Does anyone know what this one us? I cant find any details. I have the Premium Softtop

20200331_093108.jpg
It's to let you know if you have not received via mail the intructions and tip cards for the J L soft top, then go by Jeep and get the addendum and tip card and put it in your owners manual, received mine on April 17th. Nothing more than detailed intructions on soft top replacement, after removal to insure does not come loose flap , and be pulled off vehicle. HOWEVER of particular note is on the new addendum and tip card they tell you to put the side panels IN BETWEEN the two flap at rear of the top , this was never addressed before....

Sponsored

Attaboy55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep wrangler jl 2 door firecracker red
Just had my hard top JLU in for another warranty service and they "fixed" that recall. They attached about 4 pages of quarter window instructions for the soft top ( which i don't have) to the repair order and show it as fixed?? So am I to understand my dealer repaired a recall for soft top JL's with my hard top? Either the fix was to provide me with instructions for the rear quarter window for a soft top or my dealer is getting reimbursed for fixing a recalled part that i don't have....
it's only documents and NO PARTS

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Just got my vehicle inspected and they put the documents on my front seat. A big nothing sandwich.....I will scan them if you so desire....

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Defective design of the original part causes potential failure.
Who says defective design? Just modifying because some people don't read instructions on how to install them. If you think they are defective why not hire an attorney and sue Jeep?
Sponsored