DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
How many have been reimbursed by Jeep for an aftermarket steering damper in place of having a new OEM damper installed by your dealership?

I'm asking because I'm having some trouble getting reimbursed for the Fox 2.0 stabilizer I installed, which totally cured the problem, btw. I remember someone saying they had been reimbursed for an aftermarket damper, but I can't find the thread.

I filled out the online form, attached receipts and documentation (I purchased it at Quadratec for about $143.) There was a little issue with the format of the receipts, so I fixed that and resubmitted. I then received an email saying the case was closed. I tried to email and then call to get an explanation and I've gotten no response. I think I'm caught up in some internal bureaucratic snafu, as I've always had very, very good customer service from Jeep.

I'm just curious as to who has been able to successfully get reimbursed for fixing the issue with an aftermarket damper.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, I've had a disapointing and difficult time with Jeep Customer Care. Right now, I just want to see if they have reimbursed anyone else, as they are claiming they aren't doing that. I'm pretty certain I read at least one post where they did do this. If I can't get them to help me, I'll be sharing the story on the forum. This is the first negative experience I've had with Jeep customer service in my nearly 30 year and 5 vehicle relationship with them. I really hope they try to make the situation right, but I'm not sure their corporate culture gives CS people the authority or direction to do so.

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
I just found out today after being told that they would reimburse that they don't do that anymore, and that " Customers had been reimbursed in the past but it was in error." Thats a HUGE difference from them telling me "If you have already experienced this specific condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may visit www.fcarecallreimbursement.com to submit your reimbursement request online. Once your documents are received and they verify them, reimbursement will be sent to you within 60 days."

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just found out today after being told that they would reimburse that they don't do that anymore, and that " Customers had been reimbursed in the past but it was in error." Thats a HUGE difference from them telling me "If you have already experienced this specific condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may visit www.fcarecallreimbursement.com to submit your reimbursement request online. Once your documents are received and they verify them, reimbursement will be sent to you within 60 days."
Yep. They started to do something that really impressed, then pulled the rug on it in a silly way. They'd look better in my eyes if they'd never offered it in the first place. Just not a smart move in the world of customer service. They should at least first do no harm.
Sponsored