Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed these, ordered from AllMoparParts, after adding a 2” spacer lift last week.
  • It took about 1.5 hours
  • I did it with my Jeep on the ground, no ramps
  • No power tools, 1/2” ratchet and pipe for leverage
  • 15mm, 21mm & 24mm tool were all that were needed
  • 190 ft lb is tight, so very tight, to undo
  • You need to undo the bolts, not the nuts, they grip (ask how I figured this out!)
  • My torque wrench topped out at 150lbs., then I gave it a little bit more, about what I felt it took to undo
I took it out for a quick test drive, and first impressions are favorable, it definitely feels better!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I just installed these, ordered from AllMoparParts, after adding a 2” spacer lift last week.
  • It took about 1.5 hours
  • I did it with my Jeep on the ground, no ramps
  • No power tools, 1/2” ratchet and pipe for leverage
  • 15mm, 21mm & 24mm tool were all that were needed
  • 190 ft lb is tight, so very tight, to undo
  • You need to undo the bolts, not the nuts, they grip (ask how I figured this out!)
  • My torque wrench topped out at 150lbs., then I gave it a little bit more, about what I felt it took to undo
I took it out for a quick test drive, and first impressions are favorable, it definitely feels better!
Glad it worked out well, FWIW the SAE sized sockets fit tight, the 13/16" & 15/16 are a better choice as there's been cases (especially w/ the 21mm) of rounded heads. Jeeps are a mixed bag when it comes to fasteners, I always bring both SAE & Metric sets to all my Jeep projects as it's hard to get good fit on just one set or the other :( This also applies to the oil drain plug and oil filter cover, SAE sizes have no slop but the metrics do :(

MDG

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Installed my set of Mopar lift front lower control arms today. Agree with others that 190 ft/lbs is tight! My impact wrench wouldn't undo them so had to use a 1/2 inch drive socket with a bar for leverage. Thankfully my torque wrench goes past 190 but that was a workout to get there.

In addition to the arms I used the bolt set from @Northridge4x4 (link below). The kit comes with no sizing instructions so use the bolts that fit best, hope I used the right ones! I used the largest in the set that fit tightest. Looking at the rest they are smaller diameter and would have left too much play. I guess I'll find out when I change the bolts on the rear.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/hardware/jlgr8-1-northridge-4x4-hd-grade-8-bolt-kit

Will be driving it today to see what change I can feel.

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Thanks to this forum, I just changed out my LCA’s to these upgraded mopar pieces. And I do mean upgraded, they only appear to be slightly longer, but they are significantly heavier. They make the stock lca’s feel like they’re hollow when holding both of them side by side. This can be done without any lifting at all on your garage floor. My Milwaukee M18 impact zipped the bolts right out without a problem and the new pieces slid in with only a little nudge with a prybar on the first side. This upgrade is literally 20 minutes in your back and done. Drives much more solid. Mine is an all stock 2019 Rubicon 4dr and I had a lot of play in the steering. Seems to be a cured.
What was your caster before and after please?

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
So interesting thing here, I have a 2020 2 door Rubicon.

My LCA part numbers are 68250242AB but I just measured my caster and seem to be at 6 degrees.

I'm having some vibration at 60-65mph and I'm thinking it's coming from the front-end so I was thinking maybe too little caster but that doesn't seem to be the case.
What was the update here? I seem to have 6* as well on a stock 19 JLUR with 242 shorter stock CA's.

Last edited:

Sponsored

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Just added these to a 20 JLUR today, stock height and 35’s on stock wheels. It drove fairly well prior but I would still say not as good as my Lj did. For the record I had a ton of time into the suspension and shock valving of the Lj and it didn’t “drive like a Jeep” I would say the longer arms have this one driving 95% as good as the Lj. Fairly happy with my $60 investment in these.
What was caster before and after please?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What was the update here? I seem to have 6* as well on a stock 19 JLUR with 272 shorter stock CA's.
When you say "seem to have" have you had it measured. Haven't heard anyone w/ a stock Rubicon w/ caster close to 6 degrees, close to 5 maybe but not 6.

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
When you say "seem to have" have you had it measured. Haven't heard anyone w/ a stock Rubicon w/ caster close to 6 degrees, close to 5 maybe but not 6.
Ha funny you say that. Was under with my gauge(yellow with magnet standard) on the front pumkin machined spot and it read 0. I'll get a closer look tonight.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Ha funny you say that. Was under with my gauge(yellow with magnet standard) on the front pumkin machined spot and it read 0. I'll get a closer look tonight.
FWIW: The axle has 6 degrees built in. If you measure 0, you actually have 6 degrees of caster.

Ride height changes caster, and the best way I have found is to compare ride height is by measuring the shock eye-to-eye lengths. My Rubicon's front shock is right at 20", and I have more than 6 degrees of caster (I actually need to re-measure someday... added a winch)

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
FWIW: The axle has 6 degrees built in. If you measure 0, you actually have 6 degrees of caster.

Ride height changes caster, and the best way I have found is to compare ride height is by measuring the shock eye-to-eye lengths. My Rubicon's front shock is right at 20", and I have more than 6 degrees of caster (I actually need to re-measure someday... added a winch)
Strange bc i see many folks with stock JLUR saying they are getting 6.3* ish caster from changing to the longer mopar arms. This is telling me not all stock JLUR are equal....

Sponsored

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Strange bc i see many folks with stock JLUR saying they are getting 6.3* ish caster from changing to the longer mopar arms. This is telling me not all stock JLUR are equal....
Here is the picture of my caster reading. Stock 2019 JLUR on 315/70/17 BFG. Would you say it reads 1* off the housings 6* so 5* roughly?

Stock Caster.jpg

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I... totally forgot to mention that I also have the Mopar lift arms.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Here is the picture of my caster reading. Stock 2019 JLUR on 315/70/17 BFG. Would you say it reads 1* off the housings 6* so 5* roughly?

Stock Caster.jpg
Looks like 5* of caster to me.

Also FYI: tire size has no effect on caster.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I... totally forgot to mention that I also have the Mopar lift arms.
I was thinking you had longer LCAs, otherwise my previous reply would have been fake news :)

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Looks like 5* of caster to me.

Also FYI: tire size has no effect on caster.

I know on the tires, just ensuring folks understand any possible differences. I also am down .5" in front due to winch. New longer arms will be here saturday. Possible to get them installed on Sunday if i have time to report back.
Sponsored