First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Mine is Rubi, and it came that way. You can get Mopar color match paint in spray, I used it when I cut my rear pinch seams.

8AD28C4D-D4B3-4364-8B2E-7AFC7E7B5639.jpeg
Did not realize you could get directly from FCA. Does that have a gloss to it or does it come flat/matte? Did you spray with a gloss coat to protect it? Much appreciated!
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Did not realize you could get directly from FCA. Does that have a gloss to it or does it come flat/matte? Did you spray with a gloss coat to protect it? Much appreciated!
It’s a little glossy, not as glossy but you could add clear coat to it if you wanted to. I painted a washer .... what do you think?

125C5816-12B1-4FC8-8BF9-3D6367C7C718.jpeg

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
It’s a little glossy, not as glossy but you could add clear coat to it if you wanted to. I painted a washer .... what do you think?

125C5816-12B1-4FC8-8BF9-3D6367C7C718.jpeg
Yeah, it's like one "shade" below the same level of gloss of the vehicle itself. I think a metallic clear coat would probably be perfect. Much, much appreciated sir.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it's like one "shade" below the same level of gloss of the vehicle itself. I think a metallic clear coat would probably be perfect. Much, much appreciated sir.
No problem

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
Hello new to jeeping and looking to start venturing little more off the beaten path and have been looking at bumpers and winches and have narrowed the bumpers down to the Metalcloak #2401 and the Quadratec QRC Stubby. As for the winch I really like the Quadratec Q-Performance Stealth winch with Synthetic Rope just trying to decide between the 10K or 12K version, not sure if I would need the extra 2k but would rather have it and not need it, instead of needing it and not having it. Any input would be appreciated and if there is a different route to go please explain the reasoning why it would be a better choice along with any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Unless the Jeep is heavily armored and loaded with tons of heavy gear, 10K should be plenty. Save the dollars and weight - use a snatch block to boost pulling power for the small number of really tough pulls where you need more power. Heck, using that strategy you could even sneak by with an 8K winch on a light Jeep. Speaking of weight, consider an aluminum bumper. Weight is the enemy of performance - heavier it is, the harder it is to make it climb, accelerate, turn, stop. And the faster it wears out.

Sponsored

Nik H

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
After I bought the JLUR I was looking at bumpers every day, all day. But then, slowly the factory steel bumper that I already had on grew on me. So, I ended up installing the Warn Evo 10 Synthetic rope and I really love the stealth, clean look while still having all the power that it has.

image0 (1).jpeg
Nice install. What lights are those on the front bumper?

Clubmud

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited 3.6l. 2004 Dodge Quad 2500 Laramie 5.9l Cummins
Used the new Smittybilt XRC 9,500lb with Maximus-3 winch plate with stock steel bumper. Love it!

8A1EC794-4580-405F-B661-D3BD71A3DFFA.jpeg
Does the Maximus-3 plate move the stock steel bumper outward? I like your setup and am thinking of the same.
Looks really good. Is that the Gen 3?
Thanks,
Erik
Used the new Smittybilt XRC 9,500lb with Maximus-3 winch plate with stock steel bumper. Love it!

8A1EC794-4580-405F-B661-D3BD71A3DFFA.jpeg

Jeepileptic

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2016 Fisher-Price Jeep Frozen Edition
Does the Maximus-3 plate move the stock steel bumper outward? I like your setup and am thinking of the same.
Thanks,
Erik
Yes, it does move the bumper out the thickness of the plate (approx. 3/8”). I was worried about the same thing before installing myself because I didn’t want to drill the rear skid plate holes to make it fit. However, I can tell you this is a non-issue! As part of the install, you actually loosen the lower frame brackets that the skid screws to. You simply leave them loose to line them up to where you need for the skid holes before tightening the brackets back. Just an FYI, Maximus-3 is not shipping right now (shut down due to c-19) but Rubitrux stocks their products. I got mine in one day from them and they were very helpful.

5EFFFC0D-DBAA-40C6-BA9B-8B877B968D79.jpeg

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Yes, it does move the bumper out the thickness of the plate (approx. 3/8”). I was worried about the same thing before installing myself because I didn’t want to drill the rear skid plate holes to make it fit. However, I can tell you this is a non-issue! As part of the install, you actually loosen the lower frame brackets that the skid screws to. You simply leave them loose to line them up to where you need for the skid holes before tightening the brackets back. Just an FYI, Maximus-3 is not shipping right now (shut down due to c-19) but Rubitrux stocks their products. I got mine in one day from them and they were very helpful.

What bar are you using? Looks like it attaches directly to stock bumper. Wondering if it also fits the JLUS stock plastic bumper. Been looking for almost that exact option.

Jeepileptic

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2016 Fisher-Price Jeep Frozen Edition
What bar are you using? Looks like it attaches directly to stock bumper. Wondering if it also fits the JLUS stock plastic bumper. Been looking for almost that exact option.
It’s the Warn Low Grill hoop: WARN Part #: 102355.

Sponsored

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA

Clubmud

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited 3.6l. 2004 Dodge Quad 2500 Laramie 5.9l Cummins

Excellent....Thank you for the Info!

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
Excellent....Thank you for the Info!
Sorry for not responding. Been busy. What Said. Yeah it does a bit, but not really noticeable.

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
Thanks,
Erik
And yes it is the new Gen3 winch.