HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club

Rolling Ragu

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Some recent happenings with my HellaYella! Installed a Rockhard 4x4 aluminum bumper with Warn Evo 10s winch (filmed an install video that will be on YouTube). Installed tow bar brackets and test run behind motorhome. The dream is coming together!

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender-1.jpg
IMG_4395.JPG
Sponsored

KSwilly

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys in Hellayella
Vehicle Showcase
Hope I'm not spamming with more pix, but I'm super happy to be a part of this community. Previous car was a Fiat 500L, which was great around town but lack of a spare tire (and famous Fiat reliability) prevented me from doing a lot of exploring. I'm a NorCal guy living in LA now, and now I have the right vehicle for exploring the Southern California wilderness.

We "isolated on wheels" yesterday, doing a drive up Hwy 2 to the snow closure. At one point, we tried what looked like a small dirt service road, and quickly found that all the snow runoff had created some deep ruts (with sunken LOGS) that had me nervous. We tackled it all enough to find a spot to turn around, but it was our first time out and we were by ourselves, so I didn't want to get into anything too technical. Nice getting "first mud" on the Jeep, though. :) Beautiful day too. (rainy again today.) Really glad for the M+S stock tires, too! They touched both yesterday!

quarter view.jpg
Profile Pic.jpg
Dutch Tilt.jpg
trail.jpg

KSwilly

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys in Hellayella
Vehicle Showcase
Some recent happenings with my HellaYella! Installed a Rockhard 4x4 aluminum bumper with Warn Evo 10s winch (filmed an install video that will be on YouTube). Installed tow bar brackets and test run behind motorhome. The dream is coming together!

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender-1.jpg
IMG_4395.JPG
That's a great looking bumper! Something I'll have to consider in a month or two!

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender-1.jpg
IMG_4395.JPG
You should start a new thread for 'What are you pushing?'

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Drove... till we found civilization again.
The north edge of Phoenix... Loop 303 freeway, is just in front of us there.

IMG_1058.JPG

Sponsored

Wayne Daul

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jlu Moab

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender-1.jpg
IMG_4395.JPG
What are you useing for tow bar and breaking system? I'm waiting for things to open up so I can set up my View motor home and JLU Moab for towing. The dealer did throw in a wiring harness with the purchase.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Drove... till we found civilization again.
The north edge of Phoenix... Loop 303 freeway, is just in front of us there.

IMG_1058.JPG
I know HellaYella isn't inconspicuous out in nature or anywhere else for that matter, but I think it is the best Jeep color hands down. Sure I may be biased, but it has so much character and gives off that look out world we are having fun in our Jeep.

Arizona is such a great place to explore with so much state and federal land that we have access to. I have a buddy in Texas and he is so jealous of Arizona and other states with so much access. Texas is a S show for off-roading, since almost all the land is privately owned and inaccessible.

Rolling Ragu

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What are you useing for tow bar and breaking system? I'm waiting for things to open up so I can set up my View motor home and JLU Moab for towing. The dealer did throw in a wiring harness with the purchase.
Hello Wayne. I went with a Ready Brute Elite tow bar and their integrated Ready Brake system. There are many reasons, which you may not fully understand until you research all of your options. In a nutshell, simplicity of a mechanical system, not having to remove and store a brake mechanism and it costs less than other options. It's not all roses, I'm sure there are reasons that benefit the other options.

I'm no pro, but would be happy to help in any way I can. I don't know what experience you have, so forgive if I sound elementary, but there are a lot of basics that I didn't understand at first. There are many parts to the system, the tow bar, the baseplate, the brake system, the runaway brake system, lighting. Drop me a PM if you have any questions. Like I said, I'm no expert, but I've set up a car and a Jeep now.

700r

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella JLUR
Anyone have bronze wheels on their hella Yella? If so please add a pic. I'm having a hard time finding anything. Thank you

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I know HellaYella isn't inconspicuous out in nature or anywhere else for that matter, but I think it is the best Jeep color hands down. Sure I may be biased, but it has so much character and gives off that look out world we are having fun in our Jeep.

Arizona is such a great place to explore with so much state and federal land that we have access to. I have a buddy in Texas and he is so jealous of Arizona and other states with so much access. Texas is a S show for off-roading, since almost all the land is privately owned and inaccessible.
Agreed 100%.
We are lucky to live here. The southwest in general, and 4 corners, has so much to offer for outdoor activities. Not just offroading, but hiking, camping, etc. too. You can get lost for weeks and not see another person if you wanted to.

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed 100%.
We are lucky to live here. The southwest in general, and 4 corners, has so much to offer for outdoor activities. Not just offroading, but hiking, camping, etc. too. You can get lost for weeks and not see another person if you wanted to.
My parents drove across the country when I was 12 and we took I-40 through Arizona and visited the Grand Canyon, the painted desert and the petrified forest and these proved to be the most amazing and beautiful things I saw on the entire trip. I have lived in Arizona for over 15 years now and won't leave. But Utah and Colorado are amazing to and the combo allows for incredible outdoor activities. I take the family as often as possible and can only hope my kids appreciate just how amazing nature is. I know my youngest son does since he wants to be a park ranger, but those other three ... who knows.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just picked mine up today! Happy to join the club. I love it, and my first experience was 225 miles highway driving :)

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-15 at 6.25.27 PM.jpeg
Congratulations on a beautiful ride. You will love it.

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
I have decided on Hella Yella for my Jeep when it is time. Reminds me of another 4x4 I had. Wish I still had it...

1935587_119356797425_4722051_n.jpg

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I have decided on Hella Yella for my Jeep when it is time. Reminds me of another 4x4 I had. Wish I still had it...

1935587_119356797425_4722051_n.jpg
That is awesome, that was always my dream ride and I never got ahold of one, and when I got my JL I was telling myself it was sort of an updated 90 to make myself feel better ;)

photo_2020-04-19_14-50-06.jpg
Sponsored