Sponsored

Changes To Jeep Wave Membership [Clarification: Only Discounts on Jeep Merchandise Cancelled]

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE: CLARIFICATION POSTED BY JEEP CARES

We wanted to take this opportunity to clear up any confusion regarding the email that many of you received about the discontinuation of the Savings Network portion of your Jeep Wave membership. The remainder of your membership benefits (i.e. oil changes, tire rotations, etc.) are not affected by this change. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via private message.

JeepCares

Anyone else receive one these e-mails? To be honest, I have not used any of my Jeep Waves program features. Anyone know what this is referring to?

Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, we are writing to inform you that the Savings Network portion of your JeepĀ® Wave membership will be terminated and you must use your available Savings Dollars by June 30, 2020 or prior to your membership expiration, whichever comes first.

This is an unfortunate change and not one that we wanted to make. If you have any questions, please reach out to the JeepĀ® Wave team at 844-JEEP-WAVE.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I believe that this is the Savings Network that they are referring to. You can get Jeep themed products there as well as any number of other things including jewelry, travel, gift cards, etc. Apparently all at some kind of savings. I apparently have $500 savings dollars to spend, but it does not look like I can spend them all on one product.
you get $5 off 100 things lol

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
What's the point of the Jeep Wave program? Serious question, as I'm really not sure.

I do all of my own maintenance, I hate leaving my vehicle at the dealer or waiting around for them to do anything (like an oil change, etc), I get most of my parts aftermarket or through off road shops I know and trust. Is there really any point to registering for me? I bought my JLUR in Dec of 2018, so it might be too late for me. I keep getting stuff in the mail and email, but other than "free oil changes", I don't see much of a point.

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
What's the point of the Jeep Wave program? Serious question, as I'm really not sure.

I do all of my own maintenance, I hate leaving my vehicle at the dealer or waiting around for them to do anything (like an oil change, etc), I get most of my parts aftermarket or through off road shops I know and trust. Is there really any point to registering for me? I bought my JLUR in Dec of 2018, so it might be too late for me. I keep getting stuff in the mail and email, but other than "free oil changes", I don't see much of a point.

I had looked into this after I got my first oil change for my JLU and didnā€™t have to pay anything. I did not know I was enrolled into it and I didnā€™t even know it. For the most part itā€™s good for the free oil changes. But you if you really want to know everything look here

https://www.jeep.com/jeep-wave.html

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Itā€™s basically a way for them to sell you a lot of stuff with a little savings here and there until it adds up to $500. How much would you have to spend to save $500? The answer is $0. Donā€™t buy stuff you donā€™t need.

Soulpatch

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon unlimited
The free oil changes and tire rotations are worth it for me. Saves me the hassle of doing it myself

I normally take it into my dealer first thing on a Saturday, get a coffee, and relax for a bit. They have leather recliners and I watch tv on my phone for the 30 min or so it takes them. If I had to pay I would just do it myself as it would take me the same amount of time and half the cost. I do the changes on my motorcycles and jet ski myself so not adverse.

Also since there is a cracker barrell next to the dealer the wife, kiddo, and I will go to breakfast while it is changed.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Nope. Itā€™s not for owners like you.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The free oil changes and tire rotations are worth it for me. Saves me the hassle of doing it myself

I normally take it into my dealer first thing on a Saturday, get a coffee, and relax for a bit. They have leather recliners and I watch tv on my phone for the 30 min or so it takes them. If I had to pay I would just do it myself as it would take me the same amount of time and half the cost. I do the changes on my motorcycles and jet ski myself so not adverse.

Also since there is a cracker barrell next to the dealer the wife, kiddo, and I will go to breakfast while it is changed.
Same here. The dealer I go to is well run. The work is done professionally, correctly and quickly. Waiting around is not bad either. They have comfy furniture, TV, internet, etc. The dealer also offers complementary water, coffee, tea, soft drinks, fresh baked cookies, popped popcorn, homemade ice cream, and a couple of different topping pizzas. You could probably eat up half the cost of a oil change once the free Jeep Waves oil changes and tire rotations expire. LOL.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
The 4 free tire rotations have been nice while I've been in for a recall or two and to fix the backup camera in the first 20 months of ownership. Since I was in, hey, go ahead and do the five tire rotation since it's free. Plus the program gave me a decent rental vehicle a couple times when I had non-warranty work done to realign some skid plates after some offroading trips. I haven't done the free oil changes b/c I don't trust them to not add 6 quarts or give me non synthetic oil. As for the Savings program, I've bought a couple Jeep coolers and saved $30 but it's really a bunch of junk I don't need.

hrhnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I am hoping they extend memberships due to Covid-19. I still have one oil change left and mine expires on 5/10

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Anyone else receive one these e-mails? To be honest, I have not used any of my Jeep Waves program features. Anyone know what this is referring to?

Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, we are writing to inform you that the Savings Network portion of your JeepĀ® Wave membership will be terminated and you must use your available Savings Dollars by June 30, 2020 or prior to your membership expiration, whichever comes first.

This is an unfortunate change and not one that we wanted to make. If you have any questions, please reach out to the JeepĀ® Wave team at 844-JEEP-WAVE.
This is the way I feel about that Online Jeep Wave propaganda Sales BS.

Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond your control, I am writing to inform you that the Savings Network portion of your JeepĀ® Wave membership will be terminated Due to my Non-Participation and Jeep Wave can stick the Fabricated savings up their Tail Pipe.

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL

I use it and I like to do all my own maint. It's a FREE program that saves me hundreds of dollars. HELL YEAH I'm going to use it! I don't understand all these people who don't. Are you really that paranoid your dealer won't fill the correct amount of oil, or the right kind? Go to a different dealer! Don't give fools your money!

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I use it and I like to do all my own maint. It's a FREE program that saves me hundreds of dollars. HELL YEAH I'm going to use it! I don't understand all these people who don't. Are you really that paranoid your dealer won't fill the correct amount of oil, or the right kind? Go to a different dealer! Don't give fools your money!
I thought this was about the Savings Network Portion of the Jeep Wave program and Not about the Oils changes. You know, T-Shirts and Hats!
Sponsored