What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Crazy 70mph winds here on Long Island. My front lawn tree was obviously gonna fall on my neighbor's car, so I called him at work and used the winch to stop the tree from falling! first use of the Warn Winch!

This is after he moved his car away....I'm gonna have to leave it like this all night I guess.....

IMG_1522.jpg
Now that's justification for the winch! Any chance of that tree blowing the other direction on to your Wrangler?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Saw her first snow this morning on way to work . Wasn’t expecting that since it was 72 and sunny yesterday and when I woke up it was 18 and snowing but that’s Colorado for you.

1FE2B376-7D82-4CB5-9FE3-1C2524F9CF97.jpeg
Same here - record high on Tuesday, record low on Thursday, 6" of snow on Sunday ( thanks for sending that over our way BTW).

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Now that's justification for the winch! Any chance of that tree blowing the other direction on to your Wrangler?
No, it's really tilted badly towards my neighbor. it's been like that since Sandy, but today it was gonna go. Yes, the winch is now justified....now I have to justify the Rubicon....lol

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Did some heavy soundproofing of the Jeep during the quarantine.

After a long trip to get my daughter from college after everything shut down the noise finally got to me and made it hard to have a conversation on the freeway.

With spare time on my hand, I wanted to try a couple of things that I have seen on this forum.

I ran a test with a free decibel reader app at 55mph.

Before = ~75dB
After weather seal around doors = ~70dB
After Sound assassin floors = ~65dB

The before includes HotHead headliners with sound assassin strips.

Weather seal = https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0771T61VH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sound assassin Floor panels = https://hotheadheadliners.com/pages/sound-assassin

I did the full floor package and ended up with 6 extra panels left over.

Took me about two days in the garage to take everything out, install, and put everything back in. I tried to be as OCD with the sound assassin as I could be. I continued to put additional small pieces down after the pictures I took. If I could see a red floor I took the time to cover it.

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg
Here is link to another thread for anyone who is interested in sound insulating.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ove-the-luxury-or-comfort-of-your-jeep.45014/

Kayakjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JlUR
Fixed my seriously squeaky rear brakes! If anyone else is hearing random squeaking or chirping sounds when applying the brakes you might want to look into applying caliper grease to the brake pad clips. Mine were completely dry.

This was not a “normal” first thing in the morning brake squeal that goes away. If I held the brake pedal down and rocked the Jeep it made all kinds of noise.

00F687DE-42FF-4DDE-AF05-7F6628989F2E.jpeg

Last edited:

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
I would gladly drink a beer at a Cubs game. I guess that could classify me as a fan.
Instead of self-isolation? Hard choice.