What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Rolling Ragu

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks for the response. Makes sense. I made a 4000+ mile trip and only killed the Jeep's batteries once. oops
After that goof, I made sure to start the Jeep at the end of every day. I've toyed with the idea of a charge wire, but so far so good.
I'm sure the list of pros and cons is equally long for most any option. We did 8k miles last year with the Ready Brute and no issues. Of course, the towed was only 2.5k pounds.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
Hardest mod yet. CMM A-Pillar mount with 67 Designs nano arm and universal phone holder.

IMG_0564.jpeg

IMG_0573.jpeg

Doesn't hurt visibility, easy to see, works with FaceID, out of the sun, extremely steady and solid. Can't speak highly enough about CMM's or 67d's customer service.

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
may be a dumb question but what are the chances of your phone falling out of the open window if you are driving over rough terrain

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
It's further away from the window than it appears. I haven't been able to get my phone to budge at all when it's in the holder unless I'm trying to take it out. E.g. driving through construction sites, it doesn't move.

Has anyone had an issue with their phone falling out of the 67 designs phone mount? The spring is pretty strong.

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
may be a dumb question but what are the chances of your phone falling out of the open window if you are driving over rough terrain
Can you hear me now?

upload_2020-4-13_10-37-34.png

Rubi JLU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Did some heavy soundproofing of the Jeep during the quarantine.

After a long trip to get my daughter from college after everything shut down the noise finally got to me and made it hard to have a conversation on the freeway.

With spare time on my hand, I wanted to try a couple of things that I have seen on this forum.

I ran a test with a free decibel reader app at 55mph.

Before = ~75dB
After weather seal around doors = ~70dB
After Sound assassin floors = ~65dB

The before includes HotHead headliners with sound assassin strips.

Weather seal = https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0771T61VH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sound assassin Floor panels = https://hotheadheadliners.com/pages/sound-assassin

I did the full floor package and ended up with 6 extra panels left over.

Took me about two days in the garage to take everything out, install, and put everything back in. I tried to be as OCD with the sound assassin as I could be. I continued to put additional small pieces down after the pictures I took. If I could see a red floor I took the time to cover it.

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
interested in that door weather seal... never thought of that and thats a quick $12 = 5db decrease

Rubi JLU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
interested in that door weather seal... never thought of that and thats a quick $12 = 5db decrease
My wife noticed the difference with just the door seal on.

You do need to slam the door a little more as there is now more of a seal on the door.

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Crazy 70mph winds here on Long Island. My front lawn tree was obviously gonna fall on my neighbor's car, so I called him at work and used the winch to stop the tree from falling! first use of the Warn Winch!

This is after he moved his car away....I'm gonna have to leave it like this all night I guess.....

IMG_1522.jpg

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi

You do need to slam the door a little more as there is now more of a seal on the door.
any reason you did it on the frame and not on the door itself?

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU

After a long trip to get my daughter from college after everything shut down the noise finally got to me and made it hard to have a conversation on the freeway.

With spare time on my hand, I wanted to try a couple of things that I have seen on this forum.

Before = ~75dB

Weather seal = https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0771T61VH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sound assassin Floor panels = https://hotheadheadliners.com/pages/sound-assassin

Took me about two days in the garage to take everything out, install, and put everything back in. I tried to be as OCD with the sound assassin as I could be. I continued to put additional small pieces down after the pictures I took. If I could see a red floor I took the time to cover it.

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

Before = ~75dB

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

Before = ~75dB

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

Before = ~75dB

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

How did you get the weatherstrip to stick at the top of the door I could not get mine to stick up there