2.0 Engine Skid Plates

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Anyone running the Rusty's 2.0 Engine Skid to protect the oil pan and transmission lines? If so how was the install and any pictures?
Sponsored

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Anyone running the Rusty's 2.0 Engine Skid to protect the oil pan and transmission lines? If so how was the install and any pictures?
Install was a total snap. Did it by myself and managed not to give myself a concussion (was close once though). I didn't take any install pics, but it really was easy, especially if you don't have any other skids.

OP
OP
jason0341

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Install was a total snap. Did it by myself and managed not to give myself a concussion (was close once though). I didn't take any install pics, but it really was easy, especially if you don't have any other skids.
Nice! Do you have any issues with the support arms hitting the differential at full stuff?

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Asfir out of Israel makes one in aluminum for less than $300 shipped iirc.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Do you have to pay any extra import or VAT taxes on it?
I’m not sure. The guy who ordered it started the Wrangler 2.0 FB page and only mentioned the shipping.On here I believe his username is FUHL.

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
I’m not sure. The guy who ordered it started the Wrangler 2.0 FB page and only mentioned the shipping.On here I believe his username is FUHL.
I also have the aluminum asfir setup. I wanted aluminum to save weight and wasn’t ready to shell out $2000 for a full underbody system. I’m happy with it and don’t recall having to pay any special taxes on it. Easy to install.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I also have the aluminum asfir setup. I wanted aluminum to save weight and wasn’t ready to shell out $2000 for a full underbody system. I’m happy with it and don’t recall having to pay any special taxes on it. Easy to install.
Thanks for taking the time to give feedback on it. This is only the second instance I’ve seen where someone said they have it.

I wish there was a comparable US source aluminum engine skid etc but at least Israel is an ally and the price is right.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jason0341

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Great to hear! I pulled the trigger last night since it was on sale as well.

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback on it. This is only the second instance I’ve seen where someone said they have it.

I wish there was a comparable US source aluminum engine skid etc but at least Israel is an ally and the price is right.
Totally agree! And they make some great equipment as well. Proud to carry my IWI rifle and pistol as well.

Robnfl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
I pulled the trigger on one also.

I still can't believe Jeep didn't install an oil pan skid plate on the wranglers!

Rob

edit: Oh, and I just noticed that my '06 TJ doesn't have one either.

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Following this thread. Would love to hear feedback on the Asfir skids! Price seems great, but would love to know if it’s too good to be true.

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
Per my post the skids are top notch. I did not get the gas tank skid. The install was fairly straightforward, except for the frame bolt on the pass side which was a pain. My original order was sent and the box arrived looking like it was dragged behind a ups truck. A part had fallen out and the company overnighted one to me. Their CS is excellent. Instructions were ok, not great which seems to be too common these days

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Following this thread. Would love to hear feedback on the Asfir skids! Price seems great, but would love to know if it’s too good to be true.
ASFIR skid is really quite nice. Good quality. I don't know anything built poorly coming out of Israel.
Sponsored