Sponsored

If you're going off-road, protect that front differential from damage/leaking!

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Yep, your local steel yard and ITW (Miller), Lincoln Electric, ESAB, HTP....hell even Vulcan from HF! ;)
Ha! You’ve never seen me with a welder in my hand. Ray Charles could weld better than me.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I have as well and was told end of this summer but haven't seen anything. I have the rear skid plate and FAD skid, so would like to match skid plates.
@UKCATS , @brianP

I ordered the Rancho from Northridge earlier this week and it shipped yesterday. Of course yesterday I get an e-mail from them and they have an up to 15% off sale this weekend (PUMPKINSPICE). MC's front diff skid will only work with their diff cover. I also have their rear skid and would have preferred to match, but hey... it's underneath anyways. At least the Rancho will match the Yeti track bar.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/metalcloak’s-front-diff-skid-sneak-peek.35381/#post-805643

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
@UKCATS , @brianP

I ordered the Rancho from Northridge earlier this week and it shipped yesterday. Of course yesterday I get an e-mail from them and they have an up to 15% off sale this weekend (PUMPKINSPICE). MC's front diff skid will only work with their diff cover. I also have their rear skid and would have preferred to match, but hey... it's underneath anyways. At least the Rancho will match the Yeti track bar.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/metalcloak’s-front-diff-skid-sneak-peek.35381/#post-805643

Dude, thanks for the heads up. I talked to them earlier this week and was told weeks before it would ship. I’ll see if I can snag one.

Sponsored

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@UKCATS , @brianP

Ordered this at the same time and said in stock, now out of stock. I am pretty sure you took mine!! ;););)

rancho.JPG

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The bad part is I ordered it last week so did'nt even get the pumpkin spice!! :headbang::headbang::headbang: Naw, I can wait, just thought it would have been nice to install the skid plate while I installed the new Diff covers, but I should be able to install the skid without undoing the other bolts etc.

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I ordered the front and rear from Quadratec last week. Got a forum discount and the front shipped out right away but the rear is backordered. It's expected within a week or two.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The bad part is I ordered it last week so did'nt even get the pumpkin spice!! :headbang::headbang::headbang: Naw, I can wait, just thought it would have been nice to install the skid plate while I installed the new Diff covers, but I should be able to install the skid without undoing the other bolts etc.

I'm betting if you email Northridge they'll honor the sale price if it hasn't shipped yet. They're pretty good about stuff like that.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Got my MC front and rear diff covers and skid plates today, need to find time for the install. They sure are well made, and the covers weigh quite a bit.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I was reading this thread with interest. The m210 drain bolt does indeed set a little proud making it subject to rock damage. I’ve already invested in ARB did covers which have drain bolts. It seams to me the easiest solution would be to back out the bottom drain bolt on the bulb about 3/16”, grind it flat, and then reinstall. It would not get easily caught by rocks and I won’t be using it for oil changes anyway.
Sponsored