Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
nice- is that a 2.5 or 3.5 lift? I was wondering if re-gearing was necessary with the lifted Rubi on 37’s if planning to tow. I have a stock Rubi on 35’s, and am towing an 1,800 lb (Dry) camper.
Thats a Mopar 2" lift, probably measures closer to 2.5". I wouldn't say regearing is "necessary" but I'm hoping or assuming it will make pulling a little more comfortable. That trailer is about 2700# as is, give or take. I spent more time than I wanted in 6th gear. Never had a problem holding speed. Still got 14-15 MPG. I would have liked to use 7th and 8th a little more though.
Sponsored

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
How does your jeep tow with the 35s? We have a stock rubi and tow ~1500lb trailer but we are thinking about going to 35's pretty soon.
does great. I have the ko2’s, which I think are one of the lighter 35’s. I spend some time in 7th and 8th gear, but it has to be flat or downhill. I want to lift 2.5-3.5 this summer, so I’m wondering if that’s going to be a problem.

DAEC0C89-EE33-447E-90EE-E49F1529E314.jpeg

View attachment 288033

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Thats a Mopar 2" lift, probably measures closer to 2.5". I wouldn't say regearing is "necessary" but I'm hoping or assuming it will make pulling a little more comfortable. That trailer is about 2700# as is, give or take. I spent more time than I wanted in 6th gear. Never had a problem holding speed. Still got 14-15 MPG. I would have liked to use 7th and 8th a little more though.
thanks for the info. I’ll be lifting this summer, and it helps to see that the Jeep should be ok w/o re-gearing.

Sunshne×Whsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
does great. I have the ko2’s, which I think are one of the lighter 35’s. I spend some time in 7th and 8th gear, but it has to be flat or downhill. I want to lift 2.5-3.5 this summer, so I’m wondering if that’s going to be a problem.

DAEC0C89-EE33-447E-90EE-E49F1529E314.jpeg

View attachment 288033
Thanks for the info. Last time we towed, it was mostly flat at 65mph in 8th gear getting about 19 mpg.
You should be fine with a lift, the only thing that would change is the drop hitch you need, you might squat a little more if your kit levels you out due to spring rate. Personally, I would regear with 37s, maybe 4.56 or 4.88s depending on your needs, but throw on the 37s and see how it feels.

Sponsored

SheepDogTheJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Amazing rigs everyone !
i just installe my CURT hitch today ... one step closer. Hopefully after this pandemic goes away we can start looking at trailers. For now im thinking a jayco hummingbird.

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I found the same as well. Ended up using manual shifting to get it to go into 7th and 8th and that seemed to work well. The transmission shift points don’t seem to do great with towing. Lots of time in high rpms but I’ve found that it does just as well in 7th when the computer thinks it should be in 6th or 5th. I’m able to keep about 2200 rpm unless we hit a hill.

Sponsored

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) Rubicon - 2020
I loved it. We had it for 4 days. Very comfortable and a good size for just the 2 of us. The queen bed was uncomfortable but we bought a 2” memory foam topper for it and it was fine.

Pulling it in Texas hill country went pretty well. I don’t know the loaded weight of it but it didn’t feel heavy at all even with fresh, gray, and black tanks loaded and a fully loaded Jeep. I rented it 75 miles or so from where we camped so I only have about 3 or 4 hours experience driving it. It pulled well even on grades. I used manual shifting of the 8 speed when climbing or descending hills.

Hope that helps.
Curious to know what model that was, so we could look up weight specs. Thanks for sharing!

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) Rubicon - 2020
Wait, does the Mopar lift already come on the 2020 Rubi, or does it actually take it higher? Very interesting if higher than stock height. I may be up for that.
Sponsored