First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
So as the warmer weather approaches
I have been thinking about reorganizing my garage and doing some painting and installing better lighting. So lets see some good garage pics to gather ideas for this summer project I’m thinking about tackling.
If you got a cool garage or it’s organized, post up pics I’d love to see it.
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So as the warmer weather approaches
I have been thinking about reorganizing my garage and doing some painting and installing better lighting. So lets see some good garage pics to gather ideas for this summer project I’m thinking about tackling.
If you got a cool garage or it’s organized, post up pics I’d love to see it.
Advice for lighting: For each light fixture you have in your garage, add a 4-in-1 Light Socket Splitter and then put 4 LED Daylight bulbs (100W equivalent) in each. It's extremely efficient and the brightness is amazing. The actual wattage of the 4 LED bulbs is still below the fixture's requirements, and I've been running mine for over a year.

ivo

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
For lighting I been running these LED fixtures since last summer and I love them. They link together and one 6 pack is perfect for two car garage. Im currently running 2 sets to get the back area without issues. Plug them into a light socket outlet or hardwire. Your choice.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HBT3BVM

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Here you go.
  • Painted the ceiling a fresh new coat of white, while walls are gray
  • Installed Saber cabinets
  • Did Swisstrax flooring. Third time using this after wasting time and money with Racedeck crap.
  • Big Ass Fans garage LEDS (I think they stopped making them) but they are by far the best light ever. I was working there at the time. I wouldn’t pay what they cost retail though.
  • Everything is now put away in cabinets.

5F4B5178-EFBD-4EE5-8294-D561680C548E.jpeg

A2D58EAC-9BFC-434F-B5B6-97B7483B00EC.jpeg

C723C47E-70ED-4214-BD4E-D7CC23EEC8DC.jpeg

OP
OP
Rubi-Zero

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Love the colors used and flooring pattern. what was the problem with Racedeck that you don’t get with Swisstrax?

Are those cabinets mounted to the wall? They look like they are off the ground without legs or casters

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubi-Zero

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Advice for lighting: For each light fixture you have in your garage, add a 4-in-1 Light Socket Splitter and then put 4 LED Daylight bulbs (100W equivalent) in each. It's extremely efficient and the brightness is amazing. The actual wattage of the 4 LED bulbs is still below the fixture's requirements, and I've been running mine for over a year.
I do have two light fixtures that I can use these in and have 8 led bulbs.

For lighting I been running these LED fixtures since last summer and I love them. They link together and one 6 pack is perfect for two car garage. Im currently running 2 sets to get the back area without issues. Plug them into a light socket outlet or hardwire. Your choice.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HBT3BVM
I have actually looked at these before. The back half of my garage is pretty dark because of no light fixtures on that side, and the garage is split in half by a huge support beam running across the garage. This blocks all the light from the two front fixtures.
I do have 4 outlets to plug into on that side for something like this though.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Love the colors used and flooring pattern. what was the problem with Racedeck that you don’t get with Swisstrax?

Are those cabinets mounted to the wall? They look like they are off the ground without legs or casters
Racedeck bows a bunch in the different temps as they are a thinner tile. You have to leave a decent size gap all the way around to keep it flat. Swisstrax is thicker and does not require a gap.

The Saber cabinets are mounted to wall studs. There is a 2x4 against the back wall that they are sitting on really just for ease of mounting level.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Here you go.
  • Painted the ceiling a fresh new coat of white, while walls are gray
  • Installed Saber cabinets
  • Did Swisstrax flooring. Third time using this after wasting time and money with Racedeck crap.
  • Big Ass Fans garage LEDS (I think they stopped making them) but they are by far the best light ever. I was working there at the time. I wouldn’t pay what they cost retail though.
  • Everything is now put away in cabinets.

5F4B5178-EFBD-4EE5-8294-D561680C548E.jpeg

A2D58EAC-9BFC-434F-B5B6-97B7483B00EC.jpeg

C723C47E-70ED-4214-BD4E-D7CC23EEC8DC.jpeg
Whoa! just looked and don't see them on their site anymore. I have 7 of the original big ass garage fixtures in my garage, and they are hands down the highest quality LED I have seen. Also have a handful of the high bay's in my warehouse. Incredible quality and output.
Sponsored