Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks...I'm curious, why do you like those more than factory clips?
The “nutcerts” are better at securing vs factory clips. And just like you experienced, they ARE NOT prone to breaking.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
The “nutcerts” are better at securing vs factory clips. And just like you experienced, they ARE NOT prone to breaking.
Gotcha...I'd prefer to not have to buy a nutsert tool and like that the factory clips will still allow the fender to pop off if in a tight spot preventing body damage.

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
The black part of the AAL holders is plastic. I a really tight spot, I am sure the fender will still pop off.
The factory clips will allow the fender to pop off earlier though... sometimes too early.
Anyway, its a Jeep. Your not truly wheeling till something breaks :D

Amazon has a nut cert tools for around $50.
I picked this one up... really works well...
Zision tool 16″Hand Rivet Nut Tool Professional Installation kit

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
The black part of the AAL holders is plastic. I a really tight spot, I am sure the fender will still pop off.
The factory clips will allow the fender to pop off earlier though... sometimes too early.
Anyway, its a Jeep. Your not truly wheeling till something breaks :D

Amazon has a nut cert tools for around $50.
I picked this one up... really works well...
Zision tool 16″Hand Rivet Nut Tool Professional Installation kit
Thanks...I need to find economical aftermarket rear fender liners. I tried to chop the rear liners and they dont fit great...dont like the look.

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
For liners, went with Artec on the JL.
Reasonable cost, work well.
The liners are off to powder coat now.
Hope to install them soon.

Of course one could make their own tool to install Rivet Nuts
Tool.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Chopped rest of fenders and removed plastic rear bumper that was cracked and scratched up. Put it in the dumpster and about to order fender liners...looking at Motobilt.
Vn3Tb9U.jpg

iRcHSlt.jpg

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
What rear bumper are you going to install?
FWIW, the Artec is really good.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
RK front LCA's have been squeaking for a long time and I haven't been able to get RK's pricey/hard to find 000 grease in them since last summer. It's been annoying having to unbolt the LCA's to access the fittings to try and grease them...also tried 90 degree fittings with no luck.:headbang: I'm pretty sure an offroad shop previously put the wrong grade grease in them and that was the culprit:lipssealed:...finally broke down and bought nongreasable Metalcloak arms to ditch these. I took the RK arms off and joints were blown out like this with rubber coming out.:facepalm:
CDHRZbg.jpg

Painted the new Metalcloak arms with brush on Por 15 and topcoat of rattle can wheel paint.
7np0Rht.jpg

Also touched up scrapes on the undercarriage with Por 15. It's very strong brush on paint that stops/prevents rust and adheres very well....great for touchups. Much stronger than rattle can options....make sure you wear gloves when applying it....it's no joke.:muscle:

Last edited:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
RK front LCA's have been squeaking for a long time and I haven't been able to get RK's expensive 000 grease in them since last summer. It's been annoying having to unbolt the LCA's to access the fittings to try and grease them...also tried 90 degree fittings with no luck. I'm pretty sure an offroad shop previously put in the wrong grade grease in them and that was the culprit...finally broke down and bought nongreasable Metalcloak arms to ditch these. I took the RK arms off and joints were blown out like this with rubber coming out.
CDHRZbg.jpg

Painted the new Metalcloak arms with Por 15 and topcoat of wheel paint.
7np0Rht.jpg

Also touched up scrapes on the undercarriage with Por 15. It's very strong paint that stops/prevents rust and adheres very well....great for touchups.
I wish I'd have held off install until I got mine painted as well, but I do enjoy the MetalCloak bits. I think you will too. :like:

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I wish I'd have held off install until I got mine painted as well, but I do enjoy the MetalCloak bits. I think you will too. :like:
Do you have Metalcloak for all your arms? I currently have a Metalcloak front trackbar that I left gold zinc. I painted these arms black bc my other 6 arms are black Roam adjustables.
Sponsored