Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Was using the onboard clinometer for pitch and roll on the off-road pages and noticed mine won’t go higher than 25 degrees. I could tell it wasn’t working when I got to 25, I kept going and I could feel the rig getting more sideways but the number wouldn’t change.
The wife downloaded an app on her phone of all things....:facepalm:... and sure enough we confirmed that it’s stopping at 25 degrees.....

93931312-C041-48C0-BF0F-DC8CF5EE6F59.jpeg

I don’t know how much more I could go.... but 28-29 degrees feels like you’re on a wall and a stiff breeze is all it would take to roll you over....:whew:. Has anyone seen more than 25 degrees on your rigs pitch and roll on the off-road pages, or is this another nanny thing?..........:)

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

Well over due upgrade for us. We finally replaced our stock rear driveshaft for a new Tom Wood's 1350 driveshaft. This video shows the differences of a 1350 and a stock driveshaft, plus step by step install. We ripped the boot and dented our stock driveshaft in multiple spots, we lost the grease that is held in by the boot and the driveshaft vibrated due to the dents. All fixed now!

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Was using the onboard clinometer for pitch and roll on the off-road pages and noticed mine won’t go higher than 25 degrees. I could tell it wasn’t working when I got to 25, I kept going and I could feel the rig getting more sideways but the number wouldn’t change.
The wife downloaded an app on her phone of all things....:facepalm:... and sure enough we confirmed that it’s stopping at 25 degrees.....

93931312-C041-48C0-BF0F-DC8CF5EE6F59.jpeg

I don’t know how much more I could go.... but 28-29 degrees feels like you’re on a wall and a stiff breeze is all it would take to roll you over....:whew:. Has anyone seen more than 25 degrees on your rigs pitch and roll on the off-road pages, or is this another nanny thing?..........:)
I know the pitch sensor goes past 25. Roll might be limited to 25 to keep people from seeing if it goes to 180.
Government Gulch Road slope.jpg

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Why is steering so much improved? Is this something I can add/modify on my 2019 JLR?
That is the big question and I don’t have an answer. My ‘19 JLR was a mess and I did a lot to try to fix it. While the work did help, the Jeep never drove very well and we canceled trips and trails. There doesn’t seem to be a single cause or fix, which is unfortunate.

This Recon steers and handles great—no wandering, looseness, or play. My hubby and I are loving it (even though the big trips are just to get take out).

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM

Well over due upgrade for us. We finally replaced our stock rear driveshaft for a new Tom Wood's 1350 driveshaft. This video shows the differences of a 1350 and a stock driveshaft, plus step by step install. We ripped the boot and dented our stock driveshaft in multiple spots, we lost the grease that is held in by the boot and the driveshaft vibrated due to the dents. All fixed now!
good info how does it compare to the Adams

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Rainy day here in TN so no joy riding. Good day to do some wrenching. Several hours and alot of cursing finally got the slipstream installed. Also got some fender welting in place and put on some sport bar covers.
20200412_144855-jpg.jpg

You dropped your knife.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
good info how does it compare to the Adams
Thanks. Not really sure. I have never used Adams. Tom Woods have been around for a long time, Tom's son Shawn now runs it. They have great customer service and been part of the off road community for a long time. Good small family business built in UT. I know they don't make a standard shaft for the JL like Adams does, Tom Woods wants every order to be custom. So they ask you to do some measurements before they build it for you.