What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Visible15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
I agree. I'll guess that the 18's had more issues, the 19s started to see transition to a new box and maybe the 20s are fixed? I will be looking into the P/N next, to see if there's an option.
Circling back to this, any luck with a new P/N for an '18? I've still got a pull/drift to the right on mine after numerous trips to the dealer, track bar adjustments, alignments, etc. Tried to convince them to order me a new steering box last time but no such luck. Might go for the brace to see if it helps

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Added some KC lights - 10' flex led with amber cover, 2 spots and 2 floods both prosports

jeep.jpg

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Circling back to this, any luck with a new P/N for an '18? I've still got a pull/drift to the right on mine after numerous trips to the dealer, track bar adjustments, alignments, etc. Tried to convince them to order me a new steering box last time but no such luck. Might go for the brace to see if it helps
Here's a thread i found for P/N. I still have to check ours to see if we can get a new one, but this might help you out - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/new-jl-steering-gear-box-68250506ae.34028/

We both just installed the sector brace: i didnt have any steering issues, but i do have a left-pull. It did not help that. It absolutely helped my wife's steering, but she had a dead spot and wandering. The brace fixed about 90% of that......that's where i want to explore the steering box. I feel that those symptoms stem from the steering box.

Visible15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Here's a thread i found for P/N. I still have to check ours to see if we can get a new one, but this might help you out - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/new-jl-steering-gear-box-68250506ae.34028/

We both just installed the sector brace: i didnt have any steering issues, but i do have a left-pull. It did not help that. It absolutely helped my wife's steering, but she had a dead spot and wandering. The brace fixed about 90% of that......that's where i want to explore the steering box. I feel that those symptoms stem from the steering box.
Excellent, thank you! I've got a drift/pull to the right. No luck at either (two) dealers I've gone to. Alignments to V41, to new track bar, and it's still pulling right. Before I drop big bucks on Tie Rod and Draglink etc etc, I'd like to try a warranty covered replacement to see if it helps. That said, I did just order the brace

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

What steering stabilizer do you have on your rig?

SGME9

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020
Installed a stubby antenna, Quadratec pre-runner lights, and some Rough Country cube lights on the lower windshield. Also I love having the Aux switches to wire into.

7CEB514C-F069-40DC-856F-A83F7C7238D6.jpeg

2EDAF256-1C64-45DC-98B5-954C9BF42289.jpeg

5EAEAD78-80D2-4B25-9EA7-E58FCDD6F987.jpeg

AFB57569-65E0-487A-8B20-BFA62DA3A22A.jpeg

1A8F3E14-0477-46D2-B305-7BAB0A822E02.jpeg

C8F99CAD-8D8C-4F8A-B321-116A0884F9A6.jpeg

BB94B088-1418-4A22-B998-14609AC4BED8.jpeg
I put those same light and brackets on mine. I did make the bad mistake of taking the covers off before going to car wash and set them in the fender. Well I forgot to put them in the Jeep with me. I will tell you the covers do not handle being run over. I ordered a new set from some off brand company . I have been working an a way to leave the covers in and not have to take them off. So far I cut a bike inner tube to use as a big rubber band.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Yesterday's project was to take in my 18 JLUR to the dealer for only its second oil change and tire rotation (Jeep wave). Yep, I have about 8500 miles and its a 2018.

While they were at it I asked them to repair my inoperable rear window defroster under warranty. Like many, the little defroster grid tabs had broken and were just dangling by the wires. Rather than repair they went and ordered me ana whole new window because they said the entire grid was fried! Weird! I haven't looked at it myself, but I wonder if it hadn't fried itself as the connection became a short, or if the cause was something else? Or perhaps the dealer just didn't feel like performing the tab repair TSB and knew that ordering a new window would be far less time consuming?

The 2016 JK in this pic is my 17 year old son's. He's a 2020 high school grad, who like many have had their senior year ripped from them including sports, prom, and senior trips. Sucks. Anyways, his JK had a recall for the airbag and another to re-locate the front impact sensors. So we got those done and we also got him an oil change as well. Not a bad day for our Wranglers!

The Jeep dealer in our area is open but way under capacity (much like most hospitals across the US). The manager said they're servicing on average about half the vehicles they normally did pre-COVID. He's had to lay off, furlough, or severely cut back hours his mechanics' hours. In the sales department there are only 2 working where there would normally be at least a dozen. This BS needs to end - and soon!

Jeepz.jpg

Last edited:

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
How much did the dealer charge?
It was an $800 charge but I got them to throw it in as part of the deal. Also, when I had a battery problem, another dealer said the problem could be my lights I added and there may be a charge for the new battery. Then I told him I added the lights, but not the wiring (i just installed them the day before and was waiting for a warmer day to finish it). He didn't say anything and put a N/C on the bill.