The 2Dr Sport Only Thread

beachjeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 JK Unlimited Sport 19 JL Sport 2 dr
Just swapped the 35's for 37's this week.

nOBzufm.jpg

zkTul6k.jpg

zjtbi0p.jpg

BgoqpBP.jpg
SharkBite...37s look awesome!!! How do you like them so far?? You still running stock gears, axles??
Sponsored

Sharkbite22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
SharkBite...37s look awesome!!! How do you like them so far?? You still running stock gears, axles??
Thanks!
I already had 488 gears so there isn't much of a difference in on road performance. It's a manual so I do have to wind a little higher in each gear to get similar acceleration but it drives great. In fact the D rated Yokos ride a little better than the E rated Ridge Grapplers and are just slightly noisier. D44's in rear are hopefully OK, a little concerned about front, but I think I'll ride it out and upgrade eventually if there is a problem. Slight rub in certain situations off road. Probably start with Rubicon fenders for front which look like they may add just enough clearance. If I rip the back fenders off I'll deal with that then. Overall very happy with it!

Trill

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL
Small gains with the control arms, I was only losing like 3/4" of travel with the stock control arms, and I was only able to stretch the rear 1/2" lol.

Stock:

MZJrEng.jpg

Currie:

aFFNzeB.jpg

This is how far I felt comfortable moving the axle. Made the front of the frame side bump stop flush with the front of the axle side bump stop. About 1/2"

hv8M1hB.jpg

Stock uppers were 17 1/2" I ended up going 17 3/4" to keep the stock pinion angle.

FGccyBL.jpg

Stock lowers were 19 3/4" I went 20 1/4".

H1Poie4.jpg

After shot, not sure you'd be able to tell a difference side by side, but at least there is some beef back there now.

zVkcEHL.jpg

Going to do the fronts as well to match everything up, but I'm going to keep those stock length so nothing worth writing about.

Sponsored

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Just swapped the 35's for 37's this week.

nOBzufm.jpg

zkTul6k.jpg

zjtbi0p.jpg

BgoqpBP.jpg
me again, when you put the mopar springs on. I finally did. Bigger number goes on the passenger side to account for gas tank/battery i assume.

im about .5” leaning to passenger side after install. You the same?

Sharkbite22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
me again, when you put the mopar springs on. I finally did. Bigger number goes on the passenger side to account for gas tank/battery i assume.

im about .5” leaning to passenger side after install. You the same?
I had never really noticed it visually, but when I just measured it there is a solid 1/2" difference. Also lower on passenger side.

Sponsored

Scubajp

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl 2 door sport s
How’s the performance with stock gearing?
So far I haven’t noticed anything negative yet. It’s still kinda fresh. I take the highway to work so i will be able to tell more then. But it still seems like it has good pickup from a stoplight

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
So far I haven’t noticed anything negative yet. It’s still kinda fresh. I take the highway to work so i will be able to tell more then. But it still seems like it has good pickup from a stoplight
Auto or manual trans?
Sponsored