Sponsored

Any tips for working with dealers on custom order JLU? Need to have by Feb 2018

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
I've been hearing, for whatever reason, Jeep dealers are pretty clueless about building custom orders. It does not help the ordering system labels the JKs as JLs.

Is this true? Is there anything I should know when ordering my JLU? I have travel plans with the Jeep and need to have it by Feb 2018, but earlier if possible.
Sponsored

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, '22 XR
Call lots of dealers. Be prepared to pay ADM if you really have to have it.

OP
OP
jeppesen.io

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was under the impression that the tread lightly discount would negate any ADMs. Does it not work like that?

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
I was under the impression that the tread lightly discount would negate any ADMs. Does it not work like that?
Yes Tread Lightly Discount would secure you 1% under invoice price, but the JL/JLU Wrangler has to be covered by the Tread Lightly Program for that to apply. Still remains to be seen if it will be covered by the program from the start of sales (they haven't announced if it will or won't be yet).

OP
OP
jeppesen.io

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes Tread Lightly Discount would secure you 1% under invoice price, but the JL/JLU Wrangler has to be covered by the Tread Lightly Program for that to apply. Still remains to be seen if it will be covered by the program from the start of sales (they haven't announced if it will or won't be yet).
Thats a very good point - I think I'll risk the 100$ and hope for the best.

Sponsored

VegasGT

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I am really hoping it does. I don't want to deal with the fees and crap they are going to try to add.

OP
OP
jeppesen.io

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am really hoping it does. I don't want to deal with the fees and crap they are going to try to add.
Honestly, I'd be happy if I could just pay invoice to avoid all the nonsense of the dealers. "Let me talk to my manager and come back with a totally different number and waste all your time." I always feel dirty when talking with dealers.

Last two cars were Nissan and Mazda. They only have a few dealerships near Seattle. Jeep has 9+; with luck, the competition will make it easier.
Sponsored